• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Fluid

I can't say enough good things about this plastic, it's grippy and glides and glides, if you are looking for a skip disc stay clear lucid will skip much better for you. Also.. If you like the elasto drivers... Try the new frost saint, havoc, or bolt, all 3 found slots in my bag immediately... Especially the saint, litterally the best hyzer flip disc I own... Can't wait for more releases in this plastic

fluid felon

i bought 3 lucid felons when they first came out and there are great...they were not as overstable as my firebirds but last week i picked up a fluid felon and wow!....more overstable than a firebird...im so happy with it...i live near chicago the windy city so overstable discs are a must...felons...giants...harps...if your not happy with the lucid felon try a fluid one...much more overstable

I have a fluid Judge and Escape. I liked them ok when the weather was colder, but I don't know that I'll be using them in the warmer months. They just seem a bit too bendy for me. I haven't decided for sure, yet. Is anyone else using fluid/frost as the weather starts to turn warmer?

Oh yes.

They dont feel too much more flexible than opto on a warm day (which is in the 85 F ballpark here in the PNW.)

I'm generally cycling in frost/fluid/elasto when available any time I replace discs now. ++glide AND ++stable? Hell yes.

Fluid convict

I've threw a lucid convict and fell in love with it, was my buddies disc. So I picked up a fluid convict thinking the grip felt great and better.... I noticed that the fluid is way more overstable than the lucid was. More domey as well. I don't exactly hate this disc, but I'm not as satisfied with it as I was with the lucid.. I have turned mine into a flick disc or if I need to get around something with a solid hyzer line. I've been going that it would beat in somewhat to make it less overstable, but that really don't seem to be the case. I'm throwing it alot just try breaking it in And it really don't seem like that's happening. ..... If Anyone has any information or has had existed with this and can share the end result, I would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm trying to keep this disc in my bag and hopefully talk in love with it. But I'm slowly losing faith in that happening. What a shame!!

Your pre conceived notions seemed to have soured you a little, I've had that happen too.

But, I really like fluid. Perfect for here in rainy Oregon, excellent grip AND you don't get as gnarly of tree kicks because of the flex in the polymer and ability to absorb impact. I appreciate the more over stability and embrace it though.

As an alternative. You could opt for a lighter weight lucid. That may be the ticket?

Ya, Fluid/Frost/Elasto has got to be the slowest seasoning, most durable plastic I've ever used, so I wouldnt hold my breath on beating the stability out of that Convict.

If you're really set on the Fluid grip you could wait for a Fluid Moonshine Convict. For some reason the Fluid Moonshine stuff is pretty understable.

I have a Fluid Warden. I really wish it was as overstable as some of you are saying, but I'm not finding that to be the case at all. I look forward to a Lucid and/or Fuzion Warden...

Does anyone have any interest in throwing a fluid Justice? I would love to throw one of these bad boys. Dynamic needs to make this disc!

Does anyone have any interest in throwing a fluid Justice? I would love to throw one of these bad boys. Dynamic needs to make this disc!

heh, I have one 180g dayglo green lucid justice that will probably last me a lifetime. I throw it about once every three rounds when I want to do something dumb. I know people that love these things, but it remains occasional utility for me.

I could seriously get behind an Elasto Stag and a Fluid Verdict however. Elasto Stag sounds so good...

thats a warden.

To clarify: I mean that my Fluid Warden is NO more stable than Classic or Classic Blend Wardens, nor my Lucid Judges. IOW, I'm not seeing any more relative stability from the Fluid plastic.

I'm not asking for a Fluid Warden to act like a Gator or Firebird, but what relative stability others are seeing in Fluid, I'm not getting in my Warden. And since I'm not seeing that relative stability, I'd like to see a Lucid Warden because I prefer Lucid plastic to Fluid plastic.

To clarify: I mean that my Fluid Warden is NO more stable than Classic or Classic Blend Wardens, nor my Lucid Judges. IOW, I'm not seeing any more relative stability from the Fluid plastic.

I'm not asking for a Fluid Warden to act like a Gator or Firebird, but what relative stability others are seeing in Fluid, I'm not getting in my Warden. And since I'm not seeing that relative stability, I'd like to see a Lucid Warden because I prefer Lucid plastic to Fluid plastic.

The extra stability from fluid is only in drivers.

The extra stability from fluid is only in drivers.

Not sure about the Evidence, but my FR Fluid Truths and Claymores are definitely a tick more high and low speed stable than other plastics.

It probably depends on the mold but Fluid has been pretty consistent for me.

Also, almost all of the fluid/elasto/frost stuff I have is from early/first runs. It's possible they're playing with the blend bcz the newer fluid moonshine stuff I've thrown has been way US.

Come on Dynamic! We need the Suspect, Verdict and Felon in Fluid. It's getting cold and I need some softer discs.

Where do they exist? I can find a couple random CFR ones.

Did a (quick) search and could not find any U.S retailers that stock them, the ones i have been throwing since last spring have the regular production stamp and i have found them at all the swedish online/pro-shop retailers i usually buy from. Maybe they just did a small run and all the U.S sellers are just out of stock. I bought my first ones last spring.

http://www.discsport.se/?setLang=2

They still have a few, shipping from sweden might be a bit much though.

Klaatu Barada Nicto!

So.. I heard the Fluid / Frost stuff isn't selling all that well which is why we didnt see a bunch of new molds release in it for the winter.

Is anyone throwing Lucid/Opto that hasn't tried Fluid/Frost? It's more stable and seasons much slower, and has nicer grip when dry imo.

I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

Yeah I basically converted all gstar stuff minus a few must have triology fluid options.

Reason being the fluid is often too slick for winter play. Pliable and soft. Usually more os than other runs but it just doesn't have the tack of gstar.

I don't know if they really want to focus on normal weather plastic or not. But really for a company based in northern Europe you would think they would get that run of plastic right for the locals.

I think the disc I would most like to have in fluid/frost is the mace.

Latest posts