• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I just posted on Discmania's website about how we can get those over here in the states. I know they said they wouldn't be available, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I like the way his discs look, nice job on getting the signature disc Jesse.

I don't think his name is going to be a selling point over there, they'll probably stick to Finnish markets. You can always get them from Powergrip if you want. =)

http://powergrip.fi/lang/en

Shipping will be a bitch, but it's no worse than when we want nice stuff from the States. =)

Fair enough and thanks for the link, didn't realize there was an English version.

What does it normally cost you in shipping when you order from the states?

Sean40474 said:
Fair enough and thanks for the link, didn't realize there was an English version.

What does it normally cost you in shipping when you order from the states?
I placed an order recently for some of their 1st run cpd's(our cfr cpd)for right about $20 a disc shipped. Didn't really matter how many I ordered. Had to set it up via email because they don't have it set up through their site yet. They are pretty good with communication and are working to include shipping to the US on their site. Still waiting to get them...

How long ago did you order them?

For those that have ordered from the US overseas....how long did it take you to get your discs from the time you ordered?

Yeah, they tend to take a week or two when using basic shipping (or even 3 or 4...). And regarding the prices from the States, my latest order was two European Open C-PD2s from DGV and I think the shipping was something like $12.50 total. Still, considering the postage over here ($4.95 for a single disc in an envelope and used to be $12.74 for two discs and up, though they've now capped it at $6,9) they ended up costing me less than two regular Star-plastic discs, and almost $17 less than the same discs bought here. And I got the color I wanted, they never got blue ones in Finland.

discspeed said:
MDR_3000 said:
What's the trick to finding the overstable PDs? The last few I've had were junk..Champ and Star

In S plastic the max weight stiff, white/orange, and domey are usually overstable. In champs I've yet to throw one that was really overstable other than the CFRs. I'm expecting the next run of Cs to have some stiffer/domier ones mixed in that will be more overstable like their S plastic counterparts.

I can def vouch for this. I have an Orange-ish Red and White S PD. Both @ Max Wt.Both domey and stiff. They're both pretty beefy. I'd say just as overstable as my go-to Pred. Throw the Orange one the most and it's slowly losing it's stability as it gets broken in, going to be a great stable driver here in a few more months.

abcd said:
so do you guys carry a max d driver and a slower control driver in addition to PD's? was thinking about giving them another shot but not sure I won't to add another mold. Currently throw TB's and Destroyers, which it sounds like I would still need...

I'm having the same problem sort of...I throw Stalkers to bridge the gap between my Buzz and PD's but am pretty sure my P-PD's can cover the same lines as the Stalker. Ideally I'd like to replace the Stalker with something more versatile that comes in more than just 1 plastic.

They made it in today.

5719968443_5835e4480d.jpg

I bought a 165 P-PD and have been using that for fairway duties and it has done a very good job. I've been trying to ween myself off fairway drivers and just stick with the PD in the array of plastics available. So far so good....we'll see what happens at the tourney this weekend.

*DROOL* Nice PDs, the DGR Stamp is awesome! I bought several of those myself when they were available. This disc is still treating me well, I made some sick-nasty throws with it at leagues last night. My love affair continues....

The two red w/ gold stamps in the middle are my favorites. They're that nice champy star plastic and they fly soooo nice. The rainbow stamp red one next to them is pretty damn close as well.

I bet timko's picture will put mine to shame though.

Sean40474 said:
*DROOL* Nice PDs, the DGR Stamp is awesome! I bought several of those myself when they were available. This disc is still treating me well, I made some sick-nasty throws with it at leagues last night. My love affair continues....

Same here! Got my whopping $5 entry fee back for the first time this Spring/Summer, largely in part to some Laser beam Hyzer Flips from my P-PD. Everytime I crush a great drive people always ask "WTF was that? And where do I get one?" I'm always hesitant to tell them that it's a PD, it's a largely unknown disc around here and I only know one store that carries them, so I want to spread the word but don't want my secret stash discovered. :twisted:

Also the same store only carries Freak Stamped P's and S's am I missing out by not throwing the minimalist stamped ones?