• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Enough angry ranting about Brad. Let's talk about the thread's intention, Pros going to another brand... WHO WAS DGWEEKLY and CCDG TALKING ABOUT??? :D

Is there anyone else who is complacent or tired of their sponsor? What's Uli's feelings about prodigy?

The bridge I'd like you to look at is really nice.

Whatever. You're wrong that it never happens. Provably so.

Occasionally a player takes a hometown discount, or does something out of loyalty. Occasionally in sports with FAR more money than is in disc golf, a team will do something out of the same type of loyalty, even if it's not purely the absolute best business decision.

It's happened, and again - in sports with far more money riding on them than disc golf.

Is there anyone else who is complacent or tired of their sponsor? What's Uli's feelings about prodigy?

Just pure speculation, but I could see him leaving. He was with them before prodigy, maybe snag both him and Catrina. If Paige is going to DD , they might want Cat to emulate a little Paul/Ricky rivalry. Not that Val isn't still a top female but she doesn't play nearly as many events as Paige or Cat.

Let's Remember the BW time line. He gets sanctioned for kicking over a basket, an event that follows at least one other PDGA documented event, and a described racist rant. And a reputation that goes back for several years. The PDGA does what everyone supporting him now, says. Look, we'll give you a timeout to get your head together, then put you on probation so you can show you've made a change. The guy comes back, and while he's winning, looks pretty stable. There's a bunch of posters who come on and speculate that he must be on anti-psychotics. This is pretty unacceptable speculation and I said so. Give the guy his chance and mind your own business. Then, within two months, in the middle of his probation, he gets into a round where he's losing, and he takes it out on a cardmate. Next round he has a blow up hole and does the same.

I'm all fine with him getting multiple chances, above the ones he's had, but at this point it's on him. The PDGA was more than fair and he torched the opportunity that he was given. No one owes him a chance or a walk in his shoes, it's on him to prove he has what it takes because those things have already been done, and he blew it, for the second time with the PDGA. Remember, time one was drinking at an event. Oh yeah, he didn't do that his cardmates were wrong, according to him.

I do admit, when you repeatedly break rules and misbehave, and the best you can do is blame your cardmates misperceptions, I'm not gonna spare a lot of sympathy for you.

Just pure speculation, but I could see him leaving. He was with them before prodigy, maybe snag both him and Catrina. If Paige is going to DD , they might want Cat to emulate a little Paul/Ricky rivalry. Not that Val isn't still a top female but she doesn't play nearly as many events as Paige or Cat.

I have been told that "Uli will never leave Prodigy" by folks who ought to have a good grip on the situation.

Let's Remember the BW time line...

...The guy comes back, and while he's winning, looks pretty stable. There's a bunch of posters who come on and speculate that he must be on anti-psychotics. This is pretty unacceptable speculation and I said so.

Lyle, we all have opinions and I respect yours. Reading your last few posts on BW it appears to me that you haven't read Bradley's own posts on this forum. Perhaps you have. BW explains a lot about his personality and actions. Just a heads up if you weren't aware. Cheers.

Can we please get back to the pros switching?
flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg

big germ to innova will be super interesting. can't wait to see what he throws/putts with.

i think innova see bradley willams' talent, which in fairness when his mental state/game is stable, seems to be top 5 level pro level potential. his showing at Vibram proves he's got the game.

seems like one of those things where innova is taking a flyer (by unofficially sponsoring him during the suspension) on Bradley and if he sorts out his issues could be another NT/Major level winning talent in the roster.

if he flames out then it's only discs. if he lives up to his potential then you've got another top flight guy battling/winning big tourneys and it was worth the investment and compelling story.

Marty McFlySoHigh posted some vids. Did he break up with Prodigy since they were sponsoring him this past year or 2?

Marty McFlySoHigh posted some vids. Did he break up with Prodigy since they were sponsoring him this past year or 2?

That would be great. They were holding him back creatively. Who wants to watch Will on the 7th card?

That would be great. They were holding him back creatively. Who wants to watch Will on the 7th card?

Today on Savage but True

Seriously though...is it even halfway confirmed Koling is leaving Prodigy? I got so caught up on the BW front I've forgotten if its just rumors or not. He seems to do well with Prodigy, but of course if someone is willing to pay him more he should absolutley go where his talent is recognized.

I don't think he was being held back creatively. Marty has been doing the same thing. It could be argued the quality of play he is covering has suffered because his videos are prodigy centric.

I don't think he was being held back creatively. Marty has been doing the same thing. It could be argued the quality of play he is covering has suffered because his videos are prodigy centric.

That, and he's actually pumped out a couple documentary-style videos while with Prodigy.

I noticed that he wasn't using a catch-cam this year. Other than a 20-foot (or less) spit out, there's nothing so groan worthy as an otherwise perfectly thrown shot catch a rock and roll 60' into the brush.

From him, prodigy did not pay for him to do that event so it was put on his personal channel, but will still be filming for prodigy next year