• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I also think Discmania is counting on more than one interpretation of 'Crush Boys'.

Young women don't make up much of the disc buying public, but Discmania was also the first company (I think) to introduce the Ladyline: lighter weight, understable and mostly pink discs. My wife has one, it's her main driver

Not seeing the reason for DM retaining him. He's the odd man out in the camp of crush boys. (No wins in the last 3 seasons doesn't help.)

Like many have said before me, he's been a huge ambassador. He's done a great deal of commentary as well recently, which he is pretty smooth on. Also, because he already has travel companion(s) it has been easier for him to hit a lot of DGPT and other national events. I don't love his putting form but it works for him and if he started getting a lil more pop on his BH drives, his rating could bump up another 10 points this year.

Perkins was the only player hustling discs out of his van after NWA Open in November. The guy is super approachable and super nice. Not surprised at all DM kept him on. Good for him, showing players that working hard outside of disc golf is still very beneficial for yourself as a player.

Concerning Ezra Aderhold's sponsorship announcement, and why it's not happened yet...
If you look back at what manufacturer has had players delaying announcing their new sponsorship so they could make product available, produce announcement videos, van wrapping, in-the-bag videos, branding, etc., Discraft has done this best and taken weeks/months to do it for high profile players.

Has Texas BBQ changed sponsors? Or is their contract not up yet? I could see Memphis making an offer; the two of them would be unstoppable on the same team.

Erza A posted a speed contest with Austin Hannum on YouTube today and the discs he chose to throw were both Discraft... one of them kind of obscure (ESP FLX Avenger) making me think he's trying everything of theirs.

https://youtu.be/xxA91cpzf7o

I'd be surprised if it's not Discraft at this point.

Not seeing the reason for DM retaining him. He's the odd man out in the camp of crush boys. (No wins in the last 3 seasons doesn't help.)

He is literally the nicest pro I've ever met. I had him as my doubles partner at an event and he was awesome the entire time. Gave me some free tips. Plus his signature disc is wildly popular.

Apples are fine, but in my world, they don't really complement any other foods.

Wow....apples are a fall staple and go wonderfully with many of the season's root vegetables.

I can do like raw apples and carrots or celery as a snack, but I'm not a mix savory and sweet kind of guy.

Apples are fine, but in my world, they don't really complement any other foods.

not a compliment however a friend told me to make my regular chili and throw some apples in there

it was actually super good added a nice little subtle sweet flavor

Erza A posted a speed contest with Austin Hannum on YouTube today and the discs he chose to throw were both Discraft... one of them kind of obscure (ESP FLX Avenger) making me think he's trying everything of theirs.

https://youtu.be/xxA91cpzf7o

I'd be surprised if it's not Discraft at this point.

I didn't watch the video, but if they are just trying to throw the fastest throw, it wouldn't really matter if he was all that familiar with the disc or not. Seems like he's highlighted numerous different companies in videos and posts just in the last couple weeks. Not sure why he would give away the surprise so easily either, after letting the suspense build for so long.

I didn't watch the video, but if they are just trying to throw the fastest throw, it wouldn't really matter if he was all that familiar with the disc or not. Seems like he's highlighted numerous different companies in videos and posts just in the last couple weeks. Not sure why he would give away the surprise so easily either, after letting the suspense build for so long.

Yeah. It could be as simple as Hannum being like, "here is a bunch of stuff that I can't throw any more."