• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Baseball been very, very good to me. Sammy Sosa

And Garrett Morris/Chico Escuela

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a clip on Gatekeepers Instagram of Bert Chrysler playing disc golf....

How soon before we see podcasters/celebs/social media-lites being "sponsored" and pushing plastic but not really playing.

I just saw a clip on Gatekeepers Instagram of Bert Chrysler playing disc golf....

How soon before we see podcasters/celebs/social media-lites being "sponsored" and pushing plastic but not really playing.

May I introduce you to Brodie Smith......
I guess he at least plays.

But would he have gotten sponsored simply based on his DG prowess??? Emphatic no.

Sooooooo his comedy definitely speaks to the keep DG weird crowd?

Be glad that demographic is still being catered to as opposed to the new Covid money crowd of straight edge and super cereal?

Brodie is a nobody compared to Bert Kreisher, that's apples to oranges.

people who already throw frisbees know about Brodie and that's about it. people from all walks of life have seen Bert

Yeah if you say hairy fat shirtless comedian who is The Machine people know who you're talking about. Bro D not so much?

Disc golf manufacturers haven't even scratched the surface of promotional crossovers with non-players/pros.

We only have a handful of players that actually make their manufacturers money.
A Buzzz will sell regardless of who's names on it BUT when you put the best player in the world on it... you sell triple? Quadruple? More?

Brodie... even tho he isn't really a "pro" or had any disc golf experience...sold a sh@t ton of plastic for Discraft that is directly a result of his brand.

Arby's discs sell out...they have nothing to do with disc golf. Ppl like shaved cat food..

Ben Askren is closer but super tool vibes and his 15 seconds of fame were getting knocked out in 5 seconds.

Lots of money starting to float around a plastic circle. I'm curious to see what sponsorships and partners these manufacturers get exposed to.

Hell...even some ex pro athletes with big name recognition.

Tom Brady signs with Innova for 5ys.

Disc golf manufacturers haven't even scratched the surface of promotional crossovers with non-players/pros.

We only have a handful of players that actually make their manufacturers money.
A Buzzz will sell regardless of who's names on it BUT when you put the best player in the world on it... you sell triple? Quadruple? More?

Brodie... even tho he isn't really a "pro" or had any disc golf experience...sold a sh@t ton of plastic for Discraft that is directly a result of his brand.

Arby's discs sell out...they have nothing to do with disc golf. Ppl like shaved cat food..

Ben Askren is closer but super tool vibes and his 15 seconds of fame were getting knocked out in 5 seconds.

Lots of money starting to float around a plastic circle. I'm curious to see what sponsorships and partners these manufacturers get exposed to.

Hell...even some ex pro athletes with big name recognition.

Tom Brady signs with Innova for 5ys.

All of your examples though aren't casuals buying that plastic, it's the collectors/flippers.

My point is, was in my local PIAS the other day, some local guy guru on there talking mad fake and name dropping him n front of his buddies and racks full of $30 tour series discs and I walked out with a $7.99 first run boss from the used bin.

Completely different game now…

Last edited:
All of your examples though aren't casuals buying that plastic, it's the collectors/flippers.

Do you think the manufacturers care who's buying the discs? Or how many they sell?

All the sneaker heads, hype beasts, and trading cards ppl have disc golf on the radar now.

Do you think the manufacturers care who's buying the discs? Or how many they sell?

All the sneaker heads, hype beasts, and trading cards ppl have disc golf on the radar now.

You're making my point. If I'm a manufacturer why do small releases and let the secondary market make the true money when I can be Discmania and flood the market with $30 limited releases?

If they're expensive and easily obtainable there's not much incentive for the flippers. DM has been testing the market, you'll see others start following the price point. They're finally at the point where they have control over their release numbers and are probably overcompensating for the Innova bottleneck a bit.

You're making my point. If I'm a manufacturer why do small releases and let the secondary market make the true money when I can be Discmania and flood the market with $30 limited releases?

If they're expensive and easily obtainable there's not much incentive for the flippers. DM has been testing the market, you'll see others start following the price point. They're finally at the point where they have control over their release numbers and are probably overcompensating for the Innova bottleneck a bit.

My point is it's less about the disc and more about the person it's associated with.

If you pull a big name celeb/podcaster/pro athlete..... they bring their huge audience and their buying power too.... so it isn't a "small run" anymore. Most discs aren't even thrown. They are displayed or collected.

Disc Golf manufacturers are the same as any other business... they got rich during covid BUT now that's their bottom .... so even when they catch up completely on production and have stock... they will still have to find ways to push even more plastic. They will want to continue to make more and more money each year...

After all... they make a plastic circle.... it isn't some intricate smartphone. It's a glorified childrens dinner plate.

Most discs aren't even thrown. They are displayed or collected.

I dont buy that for a second. maybe if you put in "Most signature/small run/collector discs..." then yeah maybe.

But I believe there is still a huge amount of discs bought by the uninitiated, because it says SPEED 13, and hyzered out into the nearest water hazard.

And then they do it again.

Any chance you meant Bert Kreischer? :confused: