• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It is. lol.

Except in this case, grandpa is running, tournaments, installing courses, heading up clubs, leading leagues, doing the maintenance on your track....while hopped up on the syrup.
and other herbs possibly...

This statement is so true...

I miss those days sometimes...

He was with Lat 64 before he was with DGA. Perhaps a return to trilogy ala Matty O.

The ole archer vs arrow. He putted with a steady. So Judge, kc avair, pa-3, link, ion and challenger. Pretty much any where he goes will have a beaded putter for him.

I believe he putted with a Mercy (beadless) before, so any putter will do. He could be going any place with a putter, that concludes my TED Talk on Matt Bell.

so uh whos gonna spill a credible leak about rick back to trilogy. its happening but i dont have any proof

Lol, I'm honestly surprised he ever left. The Harp/Dagger combo was amazing for him.

Lol, I'm honestly surprised he ever left. The Harp/Dagger combo was amazing for him.

Money would be the only reason. So it makes you wonder how much they would have to shell out to get him back. I would think it would have to be a pretty penny if Innova was unwilling to match. If this turns out to be true.

Soooooooooooooooooo....not to derail the scintillating subtopic. *eyeroll*

Do we think there will be any additional Discraft type contract yet to come?

Does anyone have a handle on who is actually a free agent, with an expiring contract?

prior 2 year sponsor trackers from ultiworld
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2020/11/02/2021-player-sponsorship-tracker/
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2019/11/03/2020-player-sponsorship-tracker/

Discraft has quite a few elite team members (Gannon?, Hammes, Presnell + Callaway, Fish, & Withers regional/partial touring pros) on year-to-year agreements. Maybe some will move on and others agree to longer term deals.

Discmania - Oskari Vikström looks to be a out of his last contract.

For Prodigy, looks like Catrina Allen may be up for a new contract.

Could see some renegotiated contracts/movement for some Euro players if companies are offering longer term contracts which fulfill visa requirements in the U.S.

Soooooooooooooooooo....not to derail the scintillating subtopic. *eyeroll*

Do we think there will be any additional Discraft type contract yet to come?

Does anyone have a handle on who is actually a free agent, with an expiring contract?

At this point I don't know if being in contract really matters? I mean, it totally should, but a couple of the moves already involved players under contract. Eric Oakley, Matt Bell wherever he goes, and Ricky if the DD rumors are true.

I'm also curious if there's any penalty for other companies approaching players under contract. I'm not sure who would really enforce it if there was. I assume there's early termination clauses but if Innova wanted to offer Kyle Klein a million dollar contract (just as an example) I'd imagine Discmania wouldn't be able to do a whole lot to stop him.