• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Agree they need to hold back a few bucks from signing new players, to spend on a decent server or inventory program, or whatever often makes their site trashy load.

I am NOT commenting on infinite's website content, that's nice and helpful. It just won't load at times.

Completely agree, Infinite's site often has serious access and performance issues.

And agree it is nicely designed, compare it to something like Marshall Street that is truly poorly designed, and Sun King's, but it is getting better over time, and the re-do on Disc Golf Center that was not great, but they are rallying with more views of the discs, etc.

With Infinite, click on the manufacturer and get a nice organized grid view of all drivers, fairways, mids, putters - Marshall Street spins around in circles puking various, unorganized goop.

It is much better to give a user a full view up front, and label each mold as available or sold out, a lot of DG sites just go blank if sold out, why not let people know you carry the mold but it is sold out, etc.

And Infinite truly sucks in the way others can snatch discs out of your cart, if you add a disc to your cart and do not get checked out as fast as another person, they snag your disc - OTB holds it in your cart for 1 hour, gives you plenty of time to keep browsing and then check out when ready.

Sorry about the thread drift.

"A big part of it is, I get to keep running events… I can work with anybody from any company and really help grow the sport of disc golf. That's why this made so much sense. And Infinite made me feel valued."...let me translate..."I get to grow my paycheck because growing the sport is some non sense BS that jackasses say."

Kinda sucks that prodigy sent out a farewell before Matty O or westside could say anything. Kinda leaves me with the impression that prodigy was sour on the departure.

Kinda sucks that prodigy sent out a farewell before Matty O or westside could say anything. Kinda leaves me with the impression that prodigy was sour on the departure.

Prodigy should be sour losing Matty O. Solid player with personality. Like his personality or not, it's more memorable than, say, Dickerson (who is a great golfer, just a little introverted vs. Orum).

Prodigy should be sour losing Matty O. Solid player with personality. Like his personality or not, it's more memorable than, say, Dickerson (who is a great golfer, just a little introverted vs. Orum).

DG ability trumps personality all day for me. Dickerson is just a normal guy, no penalty for that.

That said, Orum is a great add for Westside, kind of a bastard-child of a company now who happen to have some excellent molds, especially in the putt and approach game.

Completely agree, Infinite's site often has serious access and performance issues.

And agree it is nicely designed, compare it to something like Marshall Street that is truly poorly designed, and Sun King's, but it is getting better over time, and the re-do on Disc Golf Center that was not great, but they are rallying with more views of the discs, etc.

With Infinite, click on the manufacturer and get a nice organized grid view of all drivers, fairways, mids, putters - Marshall Street spins around in circles puking various, unorganized goop.

It is much better to give a user a full view up front, and label each mold as available or sold out, a lot of DG sites just go blank if sold out, why not let people know you carry the mold but it is sold out, etc.

And Infinite truly sucks in the way others can snatch discs out of your cart, if you add a disc to your cart and do not get checked out as fast as another person, they snag your disc - OTB holds it in your cart for 1 hour, gives you plenty of time to keep browsing and then check out when ready.

Sorry about the thread drift.

That cart protector should be implemented across all DG sites, I think Sun King might have one too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Revealing that one of their best players is moving on to Westside Discs, a smaller and thus inferior(?) company, feels like they want to get ahead of the "Discraft got Matt Orum too! Prodigy couldn't hold on to him!" rumors. Nip that stuff in the bud right away.

Hopefully Matty O's deal is big enough to keep on tour all season.

Huge breath of fresh air on tournament footage as far as personality and playing style.

I guess I didn't even have him on my radar as a free agent.

"A big part of it is, I get to keep running events… I can work with anybody from any company and really help grow the sport of disc golf. That's why this made so much sense. And Infinite made me feel valued."...let me translate..."I get to grow my paycheck because growing the sport is some non sense BS that jackasses say."
I have an old friend (who I haven't talked to in a couple of years and need to look up) who sold golf discs back in the early days. He also published the PDGA magazine and was on the PDGA BoD for years, ran A tiers back when A tiers were the biggest events and he was the TD of at least one Am Worlds. He did a lot of the "grow the Sport" thing. His heyday of selling golf discs was back in the mail-order catalog days; after the Internet showed up he just could never get ahead of the curve. I was talking to him about 10 years ago and he said "I suppose if I had spent less time trying to make something out of disc golf and more time trying to make something out of my business, we might be as big as Gotta Go Gotta Throw now."

It just didn't happen. He retired and closed his store a few years ago, and now he misses out of the pandemic disc sales boom. Growing the sport always comes at a cost; not everybody can pay it.

I have an old friend (who I haven't talked to in a couple of years and need to look up) who sold golf discs back in the early days. He also published the PDGA magazine and was on the PDGA BoD for years, ran A tiers back when A tiers were the biggest events and he was the TD of at least one Am Worlds. He did a lot of the "grow the Sport" thing. His heyday of selling golf discs was back in the mail-order catalog days; after the Internet showed up he just could never get ahead of the curve. I was talking to him about 10 years ago and he said "I suppose if I had spent less time trying to make something out of disc golf and more time trying to make something out of my business, we might be as big as Gotta Go Gotta Throw now."

It just didn't happen. He retired and closed his store a few years ago, and now he misses out of the pandemic disc sales boom. Growing the sport always comes at a cost; not everybody can pay it.

Rick R?

Revealing that one of their best players is moving on to Westside Discs, a smaller and thus inferior(?) company, feels like they want to get ahead of the "Discraft got Matt Orum too! Prodigy couldn't hold on to him!" rumors. Nip that stuff in the bud right away.

Lat. 64 and DD own Westside now.

So it is a smaller division/brand of a much larger, more successful company than Prodigy.

Lat. 64 and DD own Westside now.

So it is a smaller division/brand of a much larger, more successful company than Prodigy.

You're right that the Latitude 64 group of companies is likely larger than Prodigy, although Westside itself is not. Would Prodigy prefer the narrative to be that Matt Orum went to Westside, or let people speculate that Discraft probably got him also?

Remember the years when the New York Yankees would simply outbid other teams for most of the top talent in Major League Baseball, buying their way into 100 win seasons and World Series?

My theory is that Prodigy wanted people to immediately know that Discraft(the Yankees) did not take Matt Orum from them.

Last edited:
Rick Rothstein, right? I miss his shop. It was fun to pop in and listen to stories of the good old days, but he was always just as interested in hearing about what was happening now too.
Rick was a hoot back in the day. We never got any real information on the new discs back then, there was just suddenly a new space on the order form. So I'd ask Rick "What does this Cheetah fly like" and he would say "I don't know", then I would say "What am I supposed to tell people when they ask?" and he would say "Tell them to throw a Roc." :|

Change "Cheetah" to any other disc released 1995-2000 and that was about 70% of my conversations with Rick. I miss those days.

Rick was a hoot back in the day. We never got any real information on the new discs back then, there was just suddenly a new space on the order form. So I'd ask Rick "What does this Cheetah fly like" and he would say "I don't know", then I would say "What am I supposed to tell people when they ask?" and he would say "Tell them to throw a Roc." :|

Change "Cheetah" to any other disc released 1995-2000 and that was about 70% of my conversations with Rick. I miss those days.

I met Rick a year or so before he shut down, he told me about a time in 1990 when he drove from kc to Iowa city to let some folks try out some discs. He said he ended up selling four discs, and lost money on the drive. All because a couple sent him a letter. That was the real grow the sport stuff.