• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Here's that "fading star" just shooting a 1081 round last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_5GBs0DL8
I think Cale can remain a contender on the relatively shorter or more wooded courses to be played on tour. Interestingly, his own courses at the Preserve won't necessarily play to his game relative to the bombers on tour.

I did see that! Pretty impressive indeed!

What about Cat to Innova? Or is Innova no longer considered a viable option for top tier competitors?

What about Cat to Innova? Or is Innova no longer considered a viable option for top tier competitors?

Innova have two FPO players with higher rating than Cat so it´s not likely. .

.MVP have the MPO world champ...why not get the FPO world champ?

...tune in Wed for As the Disc Turns...

:popcorn:

Last edited:
So it isn't the same plastic Discraft uses?

(Insert puke emoji)

I'll get flamed by the fanboys and McBeth groupies but I just don't like Discraft plastic.

I'm neither a fanboy nor a McBeth groupie but you're tummy ache is irrational. DC plastic varies, just like Innova. I got some rubber blend and swirly Z this year that's awesome but recent ESP kinda sux. Haven't seen bubbly rims from DC.

I'm neither a fanboy nor a McBeth groupie but you're tummy ache is irrational. DC plastic varies, just like Innova. I got some rubber blend and swirly Z this year that's awesome but recent ESP kinda sux. Haven't seen bubbly rims from DC.

I'll agree the weird bubbly rims aren't the best.

Honestly, I don't like hard, slick plastics in general and every Z, big Z, and all of the newer ESP plastics just don't agree with me.

So everyone doesn't think I was singling out Discraft (which maybe I kind of was) I am also not a fan of most Champion plastic either. The color glows are gummy goodness though.

People poo-poo the trilogy plastic but it and Kastaplast are the best feeling for what I like.

I'll agree the weird bubbly rims aren't the best.

Honestly, I don't like hard, slick plastics in general and every Z, big Z, and all of the newer ESP plastics just don't agree with me.

So everyone doesn't think I was singling out Discraft (which maybe I kind of was) I am also not a fan of most Champion plastic either. The color glows are gummy goodness though.

People poo-poo the trilogy plastic but it and Kastaplast are the best feeling for what I like.

Don't tell anyone but I'm digging my Grace in royal plastic. I'd fill my bag with color glow if I could, except maybe putting putters.

Here's that "fading star" just shooting a 1081 round last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_5GBs0DL8
I think Cale can remain a contender on the relatively shorter or more wooded courses to be played on tour. Interestingly, his own courses at the Preserve won't necessarily play to his game relative to the bombers on tour.

Problem is basically every tour course averages 500 ft per hole now. Cale can do well at Midwest traditional DG ourselves but he's screwed on golf courses almost every time. He can still be a borderline top 10 guy. Some people can't accept being that type of player like Nate Doss, Ken Climo and Avery jenkins so they stop playing events or claim burnout.

Problem is basically every tour course averages 500 ft per hole now. Cale can do well at Midwest traditional DG ourselves but he's screwed on golf courses almost every time. He can still be a borderline top 10 guy. Some people can't accept being that type of player like Nate Doss, Ken Climo and Avery jenkins so they stop playing events or claim burnout.

Cale's not really a tour grinder but when he shows up, he is always competitive, no matter the venue. He still has the longest active cash streak.

Cale posted that he plans to tour more this year than recent past years but not sure we'll know what that means for a while.

It's a shame more and more top events are going the golf course type route. Robs us of seeing pure throwers more. That's one reason I love the Idlewild tour stop. Yeah a couple holes reward the big bombers, and that is fine, but most holes are more about throwing it 350'-400', but on a more precise path, and stopping on a dime. Every shot it seems is a display of skill.

You guys make it sound like the guys who can really launch the disc can do nothing else than launch the disc. There are people with both, or should I say, ALL the skillsets. Top of the rating list should tell you a few.

Ill say it. Disc golf on a ball golf course is stupid. Oh look, 500 ft throw. hyzer bomb, hyzer bomb, another 500 ft throw. BORING.

It's way harder than it looks. I played the Montana State Championships this year and one round was on a golf course. Tons of hazards, water, OB, distance, and of course some tight holes on the outskirts of the course. It was definitely NOT boring. I think everyone was relieved to get back in the woods.

It's way harder than it looks. I played the Montana State Championships this year and one round was on a golf course. Tons of hazards, water, OB, distance, and of course some tight holes on the outskirts of the course. It was definitely NOT boring. I think everyone was relieved to get back in the woods.

He's talking about watching, not playing.

Latest posts