• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I could see that happening with some of the players down in 15-30 range. I think the small handful at the top can still keep their value up just because they'll have multiple manufacturers making offers.

That's not to say every big name will get a million dollar a year deal every off season, just that those at the top are a bit more insulated from any market correction lowballery.

Ali Smith leaving DGA. Lots of teams could use another solid FPO presence.

Lots of upside, definite charisma in the Paige Pierce mold, so should land a solid deal. Prodigy or Gateway?

I could see that happening with some of the players down in 15-30 range. I think the small handful at the top can still keep their value up just because they'll have multiple manufacturers making offers.

For the top MPO players, there might be an "early mover" advantage to sign a deal with a surplus of good young talent and companies with money to spend. Innova might set the market if they make a big push for one of the young guns. Those players down the food chain a bit might get a little nervous while companies sort out the big names, but I think they'll be better served to hold off and not rush into a bad contract.

BTL Prediction time:

Gannon Buhr to Discmania
Emerson Keith dumps Lone Star moves to DGA
James Proctor to Discraft
Gossage extension with Discraft
Handley extension with Discraft
Alexis Mandujano jump to Lone Star, Val stays with Discraft
Jake Hebenheimer to MVP
Babcock extension with Discmania
Bradley Williams promoted on Star Team on Innova and extension
Weese, Holly Finley, and Hailey King extend with Innova

Does Mint pick up Val Mandujano to join her husband Mason Ford?
Infinite pick up Paige Shue to join her husband Grady?
DD pick up Colton Montgomery to join his wife Kona?
Deann & AJ Carey sign to the same sponsor?

Not really sure any unmarried significant others will join their partners but looks like that is a possibility for a few.

Ali Smith leaving DGA. Lots of teams could use another solid FPO presence.
Silver event win on the resume should generate a bit of interest. I expect a bump up from her 'rookie' type contract with more tour support & a tour series disc of some kind.

Does Mint pick up Val Mandujano to join her husband Mason Ford?
Infinite pick up Paige Shue to join her husband Grady?
DD pick up Colton Montgomery to join his wife Kona?
Deann & AJ Carey sign to the same sponsor?

Not really sure any unmarried significant others will join their partners but looks like that is a possibility for a few.

Silver event win on the resume should generate a bit of interest. I expect a bump up from her 'rookie' type contract with more tour support & a tour series disc of some kind.
Deann and AJ are already both on Lonestar, and they could possibly move together or separately. But both played (the Lonestar Players Championships this past weekend) along with Emerson. Without reading too much into it, notable players at the LSD Championships who are not currently sponsored by LSD: Aidan Scott, Jake Hebenheimer, Connor O'Rielly, Julianna Korver, and Aria Castruita. Not sold on Emerson leaving LSD, but it's definitely a possibility. He was pushing plastic, hanging out with the team (pros and ams) all weekend, and talking up the two upcoming molds that are about to be released. Not sure how LSD does they touring contracts, if it's Jan 1 to Dec 31 and they are just fulfilling their current deals before leaving. Or if they are Nov 1 to Oct 31 like the marketing manager wanted them to be. Only movement I have heard on the LSD front is signing Carter Ahrens which happened and was announced earlier.

Can Mint afford Val? Is Discraft willing to let her go? I'm not sure. She's definitely a wild card this off-season because of her injury shortened year.

Infinite probably should pick up Paige Shue if they can, wonderful person, and the ability to pop off on courses that suit her game. Not sure how committed to touring she is post baby, which may eliminate some higher level deal offers.

Pretty sure DD tried to sign Colton when they signed Kona and he declined. Doesn't Colton have family working inside Discmania? Now that they are owned by HOD there's not telling how those team offers between the Pentalogy will work. Will each company get to sign the players they want, or will HOD try and put particular players with certain brands to fit their desires. At least Matty-O got his extension.

I'm not sure if Innova paid for JK's name like they did with Kenny, but I don't think they would let her go just yet. She just announced a long tour through New Zealand in 2024, etc and I don't think any smaller companies would fund that.

Deann and AJ are already both on Lonestar, and they could possibly move together or separately. But both played (the Lonestar Players Championships this past weekend) along with Emerson. Without reading too much into it, notable players at the LSD Championships who are not currently sponsored by LSD: Aidan Scott, Jake Hebenheimer, Connor O'Rielly, Julianna Korver, and Aria Castruita. Not sold on Emerson leaving LSD, but it's definitely a possibility. He was pushing plastic, hanging out with the team (pros and ams) all weekend, and talking up the two upcoming molds that are about to be released. Not sure how LSD does they touring contracts, if it's Jan 1 to Dec 31 and they are just fulfilling their current deals before leaving. Or if they are Nov 1 to Oct 31 like the marketing manager wanted them to be. Only movement I have heard on the LSD front is signing Carter Ahrens which happened and was announced earlier.

Can Mint afford Val? Is Discraft willing to let her go? I'm not sure. She's definitely a wild card this off-season because of her injury shortened year.

Infinite probably should pick up Paige Shue if they can, wonderful person, and the ability to pop off on courses that suit her game. Not sure how committed to touring she is post baby, which may eliminate some higher level deal offers.

Pretty sure DD tried to sign Colton when they signed Kona and he declined. Doesn't Colton have family working inside Discmania? Now that they are owned by HOD there's not telling how those team offers between the Pentalogy will work. Will each company get to sign the players they want, or will HOD try and put particular players with certain brands to fit their desires. At least Matty-O got his extension.
I don't really know what to expect from Lonestar - maybe the players are seeking longer term deals than the company is willing to offer and testing the market to see what offers they can get.

I think Discraft has a lot of questions to juggle with their FPO side - Pierce, Gannon, Handley, Mandujano, and Shue are all up for contract I believe. Hard to see all of them remaining as I think there are other opportunities to be the top FPO player on a few of the bigger manufacturers teams (MVP, Discraft, DD, Innova, Prodigy, Lonestar).
  • Val to MVP makes some sense to me
  • Missy and Holyn are both big winners that should be testing the market
  • Lots of Eastern US tour stops/Majors to have a decent tour next year for the Shue family. I do think her 1x World Champ should get her a spot with a bigger manufacturer's team and potentially a signature stock disc (not just tour series).

Colton's brother I think manages some aspect of the Discmania Colorado operations. Definitely some interesting business/sponsor relationship shakeups with the HOD acquisitions. Probably the benefits level/packages for each tier of touring pros will be normalized and a benefits floor established across the HOD brands?

I'm not sure if Innova paid for JK's name like they did with Kenny, but I don't think they would let her go just yet. She just announced a long tour through New Zealand in 2024, etc and I don't think any smaller companies would fund that.
According to her she never received anything extra for her name on the stock JK Pro Aviar-X (can't recall which interview).
I think JK said she was no longer planning to tour to DGPT events after fulfilling her goal to qualify for the DGPT Tour Championship this year. I believe she has career opportunities outside of DG in the tech world that she may be planning to return to if the opportunity arises (remote work). She also has been a DGPT commentator at some events the past couple years and she may take on more of that role.

Dez left Innova for Mint and Yeti stayed with Innova. I know this is old news and I think it may be an EDGE thing too, MINT has been pretty good with supporting local including hosting the Texas Disc Golf Hall of Fame ceremony that last 2 years.

I think MVP's got room for one more top tier FPO or MPO. I think Eagle jumps ship, or they snag Holyn this year. Or save up and get Isaac next year. I'm rooting for a crush bros. reunion though.
Then Buhr to Innova and Alden to Discmania
Both Mandujanos stay put.
Goose, Missy and Paige P stay put.

Can't wait til the announcements start rolling out.

AJ Carey and Deann Carey sign extension with Lone Star per the Team's Facebook Page.

1701264440029.png

I would be absolutely shocked if Missy left Discraft. She's the FPO team captain

Discraft would be stupid to let Holyn go without trying to be competitive

People are thinking Nikko is leaving Lonestar.

People forget Nikko likes to troll a bit and leans into being the heel.

I think this is clickbait and he's signing an extension with them.

IMG_3612.jpeg

Latest posts