• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Oh where to start here. First I'm pretty sure ThrowBot was joking about Lloyd and Salient. Second thing would be that Nate and Val haven't played at all this past year (or very sparingly at least) due to opening a brewery. Third thing is I'm pretty sure the 4 number flight ratings didn't fuel a comeback per se. It standardized things, which I will agree with you here on. However, most discraft throwers didn't need the 4 number system to stay on board IMO. I throw very little Discraft myself but have no issue with them either. Innova was just more readily available when I started, where I am, so that's what I know. Fourth, I throw quite a bit of Trilogy now too. DD is one third of Trilogy. Westside and Latitude are the other 2/3. Hence the name trilogy. Finally, fifth point I think? ANY player that's sponsored by ANY brand in trilogy can throw ANY of the 3 brands. For a couple examples: Paige P. is sponsored by DD but threw a Westside Gatekeeper a ton this year. Emerson Kieth is sponsored by Lat64 but throws a Boston Bruins stamped Justice a ton. That's a DD disc. Ricky, when with Lat 64, threw Compasses (lat64), Harps (westside) and Felons (DD). It's the same as Jerm throwing Slabs (Infinite) or Barsby throwing a Scorpius (Millenium). Innova molds Infinite and Millenium. Lat 64 molds DD and Westside. Same difference. Hope that helps.:thmbup:

Discraft did a comeback but that was due to the flight numbers and fixing the wonky site, just the numbers was just the start of the comeback attempts to be relevant . I agree Innova was more readily available in my area too so I used that when starting in the first few years. I found Discraft though tournaments in the 2000's, something that Discraft has done well is Market its discs for tournaments. However I tried a few molds from Discraft that were not through tournaments like the Magnet simply due to how I liked the discs I got at tournaments.

I know that Dynamic Disc, Westside Disc, and Latitude 64 are the brands called a Trilogy but Innova's Dave D seems to make the same disc for a top level sponsored Pro that was made for another company like taking the Innova Disc the Aviar Big Bead and making a special player production soft version for Juliana Korvair just because she used the Super Soft Omega big bead and even had a signature on the Super Soft Omega Big Bead for a very short bit. Innova did this again with one of the Discmania putters for Nates Tour Disc, then renaming it including the plastic name that is close to what Discmania uses for a XT/Pro mix. Yeah the players have more choice over the tour series mold but maybe Innova encourage this mold to the point of almost choosing for Nate. Also do not forget the Lion was made as players were using a similar mold from Discmania, only the Discmania mold does not have the mini v wing. It just seems that Dave D is wanting for his top level Pro sponsored players to use Innova more then the other brands.

giphy.gif

Discraft did a comeback but that was due to the flight numbers and fixing the wonky site, just the numbers was just the start of the comeback attempts to be relevant . I agree Innova was more readily available in my area too so I used that when starting in the first few years. I found Discraft though tournaments in the 2000's, something that Discraft has done well is Market its discs for tournaments. However I tried a few molds from Discraft that were not through tournaments like the Magnet simply due to how I liked the discs I got at tournaments.

I know that Dynamic Disc, Westside Disc, and Latitude 64 are the brands called a Trilogy but Innova's Dave D seems to make the same disc for a top level sponsored Pro that was made for another company like taking the Innova Disc the Aviar Big Bead and making a special player production soft version for Juliana Korvair just because she used the Super Soft Omega big bead and even had a signature on the Super Soft Omega Big Bead for a very short bit. Innova did this again with one of the Discmania putters for Nates Tour Disc, then renaming it including the plastic name that is close to what Discmania uses for a XT/Pro mix. Yeah the players have more choice over the tour series mold but maybe Innova encourage this mold to the point of almost choosing for Nate. Also do not forget the Lion was made as players were using a similar mold from Discmania, only the Discmania mold does not have the mini v wing. It just seems that Dave D is wanting for his top level Pro sponsored players to use Innova more then the other brands.

Translation: Paige Pierce is currently in negotiations with Discraft and the only sticking point is the font they're going to use on the flight numbers of her new signature disc -- The Wonky Lioness. :p

I knew it - her own line of discs, not just sig line for ones that sell to make a few extra bucks.

Her quote, to me, confirms it - "[Discraft is] willing to do any and everything I want to do and they trust my vision," said Pierce. "That's something I haven't had before: the trust and involvement."

Not sure that she'd move for a few thousand more, this seems like more than a sig line deal too. I hope that she'll also be able to produce her own line of discs, similar to PMB....talk about a huge move forward for the women's game :)

Latest posts