• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I wish my yellow dayglow was in a firmer blend of Lucid. It flexes almost 45 degrees with a little pressure similar to a soft judge or 4S wizard. I had some big wind yesterday and that gummy didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked as it was flexing a touch in my hand. I guess I hoped for a harder than my emac white fuzions for a driving putter.

Unless some of the other colors/opacities are more rigid I'll make due with my firmer (SSS like) white emac Judges or maybe just go PA2 for its extra HSS for stable putter drives and give up that 20'. Its been my experience that Lat's lucid/opto/vip loses HSS first anyway so unless my next sessions in calmer winds shows me something the lucid's gummy grip may make my its freezing cold winter bag:|

Bummer man. My opaque dayglo is not that soft. At least no where near classic soft. Probably as rigid as the blend at least. Very grippy and not rock hard like a classic but not where I can taco it or anything. I've got...4 of them now and they are all the same and fairly rigid but not hard. It's not the same as the opto pures though. I haven't had a new opto pure maybe they are softer now.

I picked up a couple of these, one dayglow and one in the maroon-ish red color and the dayglow is definitely a bit more supple. It feels more like my OG Moonshine Lucid; soft and flexy without being too soft. The red one is a bit more on the stiff and slick feeling side, which I'm not a big fan of. Having felt the differences in each I bought a couple more of the dayglows as backups, but based on the way that my Moonshine has worn in, I doubt I'll ever need to use them! :D

So after some field practice and playing a few rounds, I love the lucid judge. I got a flat 175g opaque orange one. Thrown against a 175g new fuzion (that has a little dome to it) and a 175 classic that is beat to pretty straight, it falls right in the middle. Almost the same flight as a fresh classic, not as beefy as my new fusion. That thing might as well be a harp :). I didnt see any turn out of the lucid at all (distance 225-275 for reference).

Bummer man. My opaque dayglo is not that soft. At least no where near classic soft. Probably as rigid as the blend at least. Very grippy and not rock hard like a classic but not where I can taco it or anything. I've got...4 of them now and they are all the same and fairly rigid but not hard. It's not the same as the opto pures though. I haven't had a new opto pure maybe they are softer now.

I wish my dayglow yellow was a rigid as the blend. My blend is firmer than my 2 emacs.

Upon further review, I'd say classic is similar to supersoft. I wouldn't call classic rock hard to anyone that's thrown a firm KC Pro. Blend is similar to super stupid soft and emac is sss-ssss. Lucid is for sale:\

I just got a couple classics for putting and a 175 blue lucid. The blue is not opaque but definitely has a little flex to it which is fine because I intend to use it mostly for approaches. What colors are opaque? Looks like the yellow and orange from the pictures I've seen. What about chartreuse?

The combination of fondling Um...'s Lucid Judge this weekend and a good session on the practice basket today has put the Judge back in my bag.

I flirted with the Swan for a bit, and I'll keep it around for some drives and upshots. But it only comes in two plastics, and the Judge felt like an old friend coming off my fingers today. Something about it just felt right.

I was so happy about it, I binge-ordered two Lucids and two Blends, so if I complain of back pain in a couple days it's probably because I was sleeping on the couch. :p

The combination of fondling Um...'s Lucid Judge this weekend and a good session on the practice basket today has put the Judge back in my bag.

I flirted with the Swan for a bit, and I'll keep it around for some drives and upshots. But it only comes in two plastics, and the Judge felt like an old friend coming off my fingers today. Something about it just felt right.

I was so happy about it, I binge-ordered two Lucids and two Blends, so if I complain of back pain in a couple days it's probably because I was sleeping on the couch. :p

I think the swan will eventually be out in BT Medium now that they have the Shield being ran in it for the trilogy challenge. That might be a while though and honestly I just don't think the swan can hang with the judge but I'm biased as a judge thrower. The blend judge is really growing on me. I have tons of them but I always intended to go back to the classics once the temps here got back above 60. Now I'm not so sure. I'm hitting way more putts with my blends. I'll wait until summer strikes and if the blend isn't too floppy in 100 degree humid days I'll stick with it. Otherwise it's back to first run classics in summer.

I think the swan will eventually be out in BT Medium now that they have the Shield being ran in it for the trilogy challenge. That might be a while though and honestly I just don't think the swan can hang with the judge but I'm biased as a judge thrower. The blend judge is really growing on me. I have tons of them but I always intended to go back to the classics once the temps here got back above 60. Now I'm not so sure. I'm hitting way more putts with my blends. I'll wait until summer strikes and if the blend isn't too floppy in 100 degree humid days I'll stick with it. Otherwise it's back to first run classics in summer.

Yeah the Judge just works for me. I need to remember that next time I'm in a funk.

I'm excited about the Blends I ordered, but I've also been intentionally seasoning my Classics by just leaving them outside, and they feel really good now. Not as slick as they were before. It was about 90 here yesterday and the Classics were fantastic, so we'll see how the Blends hold up. If anything, they'll be good for winter.

Now that lucid is out, what is everyone's judge lineup looking like? I'm going with classic for putts and lucid for approaches. Sticking with an opto pure for driving still. Thinking about grabbing a blend for longer putts when I add more spin.

Man I got so many judges it's not funny. Got a lot of wardens too but considerably less because I rarely take one to play. I prefer the slimmer profile, stability, and bead of a judge.

I have one or two in base plastic in the bag for putting. This could be classic, blend, or classic soft depending on temperature. Anything below freezing weather I take a soft usually but the blend is ok too. Anything below freezing to chilly spring temps I use the blend. Still using one now but when it tops 80 like it did today I'm going with old gray swirl my beat to crap first run classic. It's almost soft enough to be considered a blend anyway. For upshots and anything off the tee I'll have a fuzion dyemax, usually Don Gato, or the dayglow lucid. Just depends on which course I'm playing and how windy it is. If I know I will face heavy winds and dangerous near water approaches I take the Lucid. If I'm playing a calmer round at a place like Peter Pan I'm taking old faithful Don Gato the dyemax with me. If I lose that disc I'll probably perform Seppuku with a machete right there on the course.

Same as it's been since the Moonshine Judge went in my bag...

Classics in the circle
Lucid for approaches and drives

In my bag I have a blend for putting, a soft for approach shots that I need to stick, a classic for all other approaches, and a lucid and fuzion for driving. The Lucid is new and holds any line I put it on, with minimal fade at the end, and the fuzion is pretty beefy, always finished left.

In my bag I have a blend for putting, a soft for approach shots that I need to stick, a classic for all other approaches, and a lucid and fuzion for driving. The Lucid is new and holds any line I put it on, with minimal fade at the end, and the fuzion is pretty beefy, always finished left.

Sounds like I need to pick up a Fuzion. My Lucid I put in the bag this weekend is amazing, super versatile, but very little fade on a hyzer. Obviously this is mostly due to my form, but a slightly beefier Judge wouldn't be a bad thing. Is it well known that Fuzion is more OS than Lucid?

Sounds like I need to pick up a Fuzion. My Lucid I put in the bag this weekend is amazing, super versatile, but very little fade on a hyzer. Obviously this is mostly due to my form, but a slightly beefier Judge wouldn't be a bad thing. Is it well known that Fuzion is more OS than Lucid?

Seems to vary some from person to person. The GBO stamped fuzion ones from last year are a big no. They look pretty but I never cared for the flight. Unless you want a fuzion that is new but flies likes its beat. They are straight or slightly understable.

The production fuzion shield stamped ones I haven't really needed to throw much because I have a ton of dyemax ones but they are similar to the lucid for me. More fade than the base plastics but still straight and workable enough you can throw them on any line.

The fuzion dyemax is probably still my favorite although I'm a fan of the lucid. They just seem to always have more OS flights in those pure white dyemax blanks. No matter the mold it's usually the case. Something about that white opaque plastic. So one of those in max weight is what I'd suggest if you want a high chance of having the most OS judge you can get.

Seems to vary some from person to person. The GBO stamped fuzion ones from last year are a big no. They look pretty but I never cared for the flight. Unless you want a fuzion that is new but flies likes its beat. They are straight or slightly understable.

The production fuzion shield stamped ones I haven't really needed to throw much because I have a ton of dyemax ones but they are similar to the lucid for me. More fade than the base plastics but still straight and workable enough you can throw them on any line.

The fuzion dyemax is probably still my favorite although I'm a fan of the lucid. They just seem to always have more OS flights in those pure white dyemax blanks. No matter the mold it's usually the case. Something about that white opaque plastic. So one of those in max weight is what I'd suggest if you want a high chance of having the most OS judge you can get.

Thanks. I actually had a white Fuzion misprint, but sold it off when I wasn't driving Judges. :doh: Might need to check out some DyeMax stuff when the cash flow allows. I can always power down the Suspect if I need something to fade, too.

So today I decided to pick up a blend warden...it kicked out my judge in 3 putts. The judge is still my upshot/driving go to but now the warden will be my main putting putter.

I am a spin putter and the warden releases way smoother. I had never thrown a beadless putter until the warden and will probably never go back.

Latest posts