• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The NEW "Forty-Two" Practice Putting Game

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
With play-test help from some of you and several weeks of playtesting myself I have found the biggest CON has been the time it takes to play using the previous rules (10 throws at each hole).

I have halved that and adjusted the scoring slightly.

As previously stated, "Forty-Two" is a putting game that feels more like a real round in that you have a scorecard and each "hole" has a par you are shooting for and a "distance" change.

I attached the updated and playtested "Forty-Two" rules:

Attachments

• FortyTwo_Image.jpg
    FortyTwo_Image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 268
Isn't it supposed to say "0-4 = Eagle, 5 = ace"?

Yes Sorry!

Not sure why its hard to understand. On Hole 1, you throw 5 from 20' and use the SHOT CHART.

For example, throw 5 from 20'. Say you make 3. Consult the SCORE CHART. Making 3 means you are throwing for Par. The SCORE CHART says, for Par, throw 1 from 15'. If you make it, record a par for Hole 1. If you miss your SCORE throw, Add 1 to what you were throwing for.

oooooh, i thought you were like, going to the course and posting up on a basket and just playing this game. i thought you were crazy

oooooh, i thought you were like, going to the course and posting up on a basket and just playing this game. i thought you were crazy

No way man. If i get the chance to go to a course I am throwing the course (and mis-placing my cell phone!)

I spend a lot of time putting. When i get to a course i don't want to lose strokes putting.

Just got a new Mach Lite and I am going camping for 4 days, so I plan on playing this a few times. Thanks for taking the time to create something new!:thmbup:

Interesting idea, you clearly put a lot of thought into it. I can see it being fun for an indoor winter putting league or hanging out with friends with a basket in your backyard, but personally when I'm practicing putting I find it way more effective when I don't have to stop to figure things out and write things down. That's why I abandoned PP360 too.

I have to go to leagues and introduce that to some players that is a really cool game

Nice game. I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. One thing though. You're missing "Throw for Eagle - Throw 3 from 30 (0-2 = Birdie, 3 = Eagle)" from the score chart. It was confusing me a little there until I read it in the other thread about this. It all makes sense now. Thanks.

You're missing "Throw for Eagle - Throw 3 from 30 (0-2 = Birdie, 3 = Eagle)" from the score chart. It was confusing me a little there until I read it in the other thread about this. It all makes sense now. Thanks.

Thanks. Will update it and repost!

Updated Scorecard Attached.

If you have time to play-test, let me know what your thoughts/suggestions are.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FortyTwo_Image.jpg
    FortyTwo_Image.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 85
thats looks like a lot of fun Im going to try it on my practice basket. This will be a good way to kill the mundane-ness of practicing putting....

Latest posts