• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] The Ninja

BroDave
I know you're a MOTFG man and I thought of that one but I deemed the intro to be too time consuming for the avg feller's attention span (which I've noticed is about equal to that of the common piss-gnat).

Also: that Diemon Dave feller kicks ay-uss

So... Anyone tried one yet?

I've got one...I have only thrown it a few times. The wing feels pretty darn big, but it sure travels a long ways. It seemed very understable though--which I was not expecting. I didn't have a problem with the feel of the plastic at all. It felt like any other HPP stiff plastic the make.

As far as those crying foul on the disc, you will be happy to know that it is printed very clearly on the front 'This disc is not PDGA approved" --or something like that. It is in the car right now and I am too lazy to go check. My wife and I are busy having a LOTR marathon=)

planning on using mine as a super long anny disc and a tricky roller disc.

ill keep yall posted.:p

I don't know why some of you are getting all up in arms over the PDGA approved thing. The PDGA is less than 10% of the disc golf community. They don't build your courses, they don't make your discs, they're not even the people directly responsible for putting on the tournaments they sanction. They don't send gestapo units to courses around the country looking for illegal discs.

Davey Mac isn't one of my favorite people in this sport, but if he wants to fire a shot across the PDGA's bow because he thinks Innova is calling too many of the shots when it comes to technical standards, well more power to him.

No, it's also illegal in the weekly game with my friends.

Yeah but in the weekly game with your friends you wont get busted by an oficial. I want to know if you can use it in non-PDGA Sanctioned tournaments.

Basically the call I felt I had to make was that we would follow the PDGA rules. If I say the Ninja is allowed, then where is the line? Are Aerobie Rings legal? Most people would agree that no, Aerobie Rings should not be used for disc golf. So there has to be SOMETHING that says "this is OK and this is not OK." I can go to the leg work of figuring out my own Tech Specs and keep a list that says "The Quest Defender and Gateway Ninja are OK, but the Quest Wheel is not" OR I can skip all that leg work and use the already-existing guidelines the PDGA has. Why go to all that work coming up with my own arbitrary standards when I can just use the PDGA's arbitrary standards?

This is no different from your local softball leagues using ASA rules even though they are not ASA sanctioned. It provides an easy rules basis that pretty much everybody understands and keeps the guy running your local softball league from making a bunch of rulings on what equipment is legal. Just use the ASA standards and the work is done. It's a pretty common thing. Most disc golf organizations have not had to make the call becasue there has not been a lot of illegal equipment around.

I wouldn't mind playing against a guy with aerobie rings in his bag, as long as the course is wooded and we are playing the 2m rule. I had a nack for losing those darn things. You know, playing catch with a guy 400 feet away, let one go too high, land on roof 200' behind him ect. . .

planning on using mine as a super long anny disc and a tricky roller disc.

ill keep yall posted.:p

I ripped mine into a headwind with a serious hyzer yesterday. It flipped all the way over and turned into a roller. I've never thrown a roller before. This disc is seriously understable, possibly more understable than the Katana.