• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] The Ninja

why are aerobie rings illegal? :\
I guess what I don't understand is why somebody who is desperately looking to buy more distance off the shelf and who doesn't care if a disc is PDGA legal or not would bother with a Ninja when you can just get an Aerobie Ring and chuck the thing 1,000'. Really if pure distance is what this is all about and you are going to flip the bird at the PDGA standards, the Ninja is for wusses. The Ninja just looks conventional enough for you hide what you are doing. If you really don't care about the rules and you really want the thing you can throw farther than anything, the question to me is why don't you already have an Aerobie Ring in your bag. The only reason not to is PDGA rules.

I held one yesterday and I cannot see how anyone without big ass sasquatch hands can even hold the thing. It felt good with a sidearm grip but if it is as understable as everyone was saying the thing would flip over like a truck stop "girlfriend".

I held one yesterday and I cannot see how anyone without big ass sasquatch hands can even hold the thing. It felt good with a sidearm grip but if it is as understable as everyone was saying the thing would flip over like a truck stop "girlfriend".
It is that understable. I played JPM today and threw it a few times and I really couldn't get any useful throws with it. It mostly just turned over and headed right into the ground.

Or maybe it could come in handy for those people throwing 275ft like Dave said???????/

I guess what I don't understand is why somebody who is desperately looking to buy more distance off the shelf and who doesn't care if a disc is PDGA legal or not would bother with a Ninja when you can just get an Aerobie Ring and chuck the thing 1,000'. The Ninja just looks conventional enough for you hide what you are doing. The only reason not to is PDGA rules.

You answered your own question. If I see a strainger ripping the hell out of a disc, I'm probably just going to stand there and be impressed. I doubt I'll ask what they're throwing. IOW the Ninja will look Kosher from a distance.

One thing that surprises me is that I started a thread a while back about modifying a disc for distance. That thread garnered nothing but approval. What's the difference between my mod and what Gateway is doing? BTW I still haven't modded the disc yet.

Saw some of these in the store today and on the front it says boldly and clearly "NOT INTENDED FOR PDGA PLAY"

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread; the boldly stated NOT INTENDED FOR PDGA PLAY part will probably sell these things like hot cakes. Most rec players don't really have any idea what most discs do in the first place. They will simply think "wow, if these discs are so good; PDGA bans them; they must be good."

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread; the boldly stated NOT INTENDED FOR PDGA PLAY part will probably sell these things like hot cakes. Most rec players don't really have any idea what most discs do in the first place. They will simply think "wow, if these discs are so good; PDGA bans them; they must be good."

Kinda like

300_1091420.png

You guys might be too young but Gamera was way more of a high speed, high snap rig than the Ninja Turtles.

You guys might be too young but Gamera was way more of a high speed, high snap rig than the Ninja Turtles.

Gamera was the bomb. If Gateway put Gamera on a disc, you know it'd be good, b/c if not Godzilla would make that long-ass commute from Japan to beat down Dave.