• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

The biggest retailer in the sport has yet to see a sample, a shipment, a firm date, really anything but a link to their dealer page. There's only one way for Prodigy to succeed and that's by selling a tangible product. Who's gonna keep them afloat, a shed in Georgia? Nope. Big dealers -- the ones getting screwed best here.

Sorry to hear that :\. With the current demand, I can't believe Prodigy doesn't have someone pushing buttons 24 hours a day right now, they benefit just as much as the retailers.

Zam, DN has heard nothing? Makes no sense. You Prodigy defenders want to explain that one?

Sorry to hear that :\. With the current demand, I can't believe Prodigy doesn't have someone pushing buttons 24 hours a day right now, they benefit just as much as the retailers.

Quoting myself. Maybe production isn't the bottleneck.

A lot of dealers have heard nothing. Not even a reply to emails/phonecalls

This is the owner of Prodigy Disc Golfs retail store. Its not a huge deal just more fuel for the hate considering the amount of hype that they have engaged in for the launch of the brand. With all that has been said by Prodigy i would have thought we would have seen a higher level of professionalism as well as a more thought out launch of the brand. They have put so much effort in signing a dream team if you will as well as drummed up SO much interest in the discs and company to allow the discs to be displayed like this IMO is a huge let down and may speak tons to the legitimacy of thier "Business". i couldn't care less either way i was just making a point/joke.
Feeling very much the same way.

This is a company that was able to pull (or con?) 11 top pros from their sponsors.

They need to do better than what we're seeing. This goes beyond "new business glitches."

We've been in loose contact and had one call -- we aren't quite at "nothing". I trust it'll happen and things will change for the better. Nobody here has ever seen a Prodigy disc. We shoulda picked one up from DGC :)

It seems like Prodigy is trying to be the Upper Deck of disc golf. A "premium" product in limited quantities to create scarcity.

I mean, they could hand their pros their allotment of 250 discs (just throwing that number out there because one of the pros around here posted it last week), let their pros sell them on eBay right now and each pro would have over $12,000 before the season even starts. Do the same thing with the mids and putters when they come out and they'd get the same result.

Kind of a reverse Innova, starving the market instead of over-saturating it, relying on fewer units at a bigger profit margin vs. relying on lots of units at lower profit margins.

Last edited:
The dealer cost is $8 a disc. A lot of plastic has to be moved for them to make good money.

And the number of discs Scooter mentioned DC gives to the top pros is 150, not 250. Unless Innova gives 250, but I highly doubt it.

It seems like Prodigy is trying to be the Upper Deck of disc golf. A "premium" product in limited quantities to create scarcity.

I mean, they could hand their pros their allotment of 250 discs (just throwing that number out there because one of the pros around here posted it last week), let their pros sell them on eBay right now and each pro would have over $12,000 before the season even starts. Do the same thing with the mids and putters when they come out and they'd get the same result.

Kind of a reverse Innova, starving the market instead of over-saturating it, relying on fewer units at a bigger profit margin vs. relying on lots of units at lower profit margins.

That's a new way of thinking. I just don't see that being sustainable. If that were to work, that would be quite the "game-changer"; getting the disc golf community to shell out nearly $50 for current production throwers.

Well people will buy them but it will have to come down in price to cater to the casual players. I would like to at least try one but from what I see not one dealer close to me is on the list so I guess I will have to wait. :\

Zam, DN has heard nothing? Makes no sense. You Prodigy defenders want to explain that one?

"Prodigy defenders", huh? Not sure who that is. I haven't been defending them so much as laughing at all the arm chair CEO's, and specu-bitchers.

If you have ever worked in supply chain management, you would know that having a huge demand for a product will make getting your products out to everyone who desires it difficult.

Last edited:
This is a company that was able to pull (or con?) 11 top pros from their sponsors.

They need to do better than what we're seeing. This goes beyond "new business glitches."

Oh, yeah? Tell us what you know about new business glitches. How many disc manufacturing companies have you launched?

"Prodigy defenders", huh? Not sure who that is. I haven't been defending them so much as laughing at all the arm chair CEO's, and specu-bitchers.

If you have ever worked in supply chain management, you would know that having a huge demand for a product will make getting your products out to everyone difficult.

If they would have just used UPS Supply Chain Solutions, they wouldn't be in this mess!!!!:hfive:

Oh, yeah? Tell us what you know about new business glitches. How many disc manufacturing companies have you launched?

Lol at unaffected person getting bitchy. BTW, I'm pretty sure he's talking from the past experience of seeing other d.g. companies launch.

Lol at unaffected person getting bitchy. BTW, I'm pretty sure he's talking from the past experience of seeing other d.g. companies launch.

How am I getting bitchy? If you look at some of the other launches, they have had much bigger problems, IMO, and are still thriving. Case in point: Grip Eq