• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

At this Point I would rather Throw Legacy....

Easy release technology? Really?

I threw the D1 yesterday and I can assure you it felt no different coming out of my hand than my Destroyers or Cannon. The plastic feels super nice but I have no clue what this easy release technology is they're advertising.

I have been in contact with them for my business Plastic Addicts and was told that 100 retailers will have access to 50 of each of the D1 and D4 toward the end of the month. Within the application process a resale license # was required. Still havent heard back as far as what the whole sale cost will be though.

Is it just me or does 100 retailers seem a bit many for an initial launch? I mean, online retailers are going to be the principal group that knows about these and I can't imagine there are even 50 online retailers who would get access. For brick and mortar locations, there are significantly fewer as most won't even know about prodigy.

$8 would be the wholesale price for dealers, not the retail price. Since there is usually a 50% markup by dealers on most products, it looks like they're expecting these to retail at $16.

Notice that you can't order just one disc... I'm guessing they weren't intending for this page to be available to the public...

That's 100% markup

attachment.php

Etc.

I submitted a comment recommending at least hiding the main site behind a username/password (easy enough with a .htaccess file and htpasswd).

P.S. The video just links to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKTWrPMFDw . Both of them.

Looks like the driver descriptions are pretty close to the PDGA approval announcement, so there isn't much groundbreaking stuff that's going to come from this website everyone is clamoring for.

I like their logo, but they really blew it on the visual/name appeal.

Look how crazy people are to buy a disc with a dirty old vulture on it. Look at Lat 64; their designs and names add to the appeal of the product.

Generic looking discs aren't gonna sell to the masses that expect a little pop and snap with their plastic.

Yeah the pros like it, but how many of them are there???

There's nothing about a bland looking disc with a bland looking name that says "buy me!"

I couldn't really care much less about what the stamp is. I'm a bit of a minimalist though - I don't like a complicated stamp or disc. I don't mind, but if I had to state a preference, it'd be for the more minimal stamps.

My Ti Buzzz is fine. Volts/Amps are nice. Ditto the almost nothingness on my Vibram discs. Etc.

So, i like the simplified nature of these stamps. I just hope they write "D1" or "D4" or something on the disc somewhere.

Will Schusterick Tomorrow at 5pm there will be a Prodigy Disc demo at Oregon Park in Atlanta, GA! Paige Pierce, Phil Arthur, Cameron Colglazier, and myself will be showing off the D1 and D4 to anybody who wants to come out!

That's my home course, but I don't know if I can make it at 5pm! :eek:

good to hear, i only had a few minutes to check this morning and was disappointed to see that they had taken out that page... i see they ended up just renaming it. why so secretive?

If you were a writer, would you want an unfinished draft of your book to be published worldwide before you were done with it? It looks like they're developing it in place on their website instead of offline. Maybe it's just about to come online, and they're just putting the finishing touches on it. I don't know, but I don't think it's about being "secretive" in this case.

When you look at the 11 together, it looks like Prodigy has the strongest team in the game.

Well, I have 25 D4s in my cart currently from adding them before the site got locked down, and I can't add more. Thinking about trying to buy what's in the cart to see if they'll actually honor it. Anyone interested in some? I only want about 5.

Well, I have 25 D4s in my cart currently from adding them before the site got locked down, and I can't add more. Thinking about trying to buy what's in the cart to see if they'll actually honor it. Anyone interested in some? I only want about 5.

Put me down for 3 at different weights.

I was wondering why people in the other thread kept mentioning how easy the discs came off your hand...whatever that means. I now understand it. It is an actual marketing strategy, ugh

It is all getting very annoying, but I will still try the D3 and D4 eventually.

When you look at the 11 together, it looks like Prodigy has the strongest team in the game.

you are forgetting about Nate Doss, man. it doesn't matter if they give them all ten strokes, they will meet on the battlefield...

andthey will lose.

I still have 14-15 discs out of the 25 I have in the cart that haven't been spoken for. While I'm not sure they'll let me buy, this is a chance to try a D4 or two on the cheap.

put me down for a 166 -68 ish. please. :) I hope thwy honor it for you.

edit: make that two if you get them.

Last edited:

Latest posts