• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

52kZ7.jpg

I think i need to take a trip to Huntsville..

Disccaddie in Marietta, Ga put a couple dozen D1s and D4s on the shelves today. They were still in stock around 3pm today, because Bob had set a 2-disc maximum. All the D4s he has are 164. He has (or had) D1s from 168 to 172. Same as with Disc Stalker, the D1s are blue and the D4s are yellow. The plastic is as grippy as rubber, and bends like FLX from Discraft. I compared the plh of the discs on the rack, and they were all exactly the same. The shape of the D1 is very similar to a Destroyer, but there is a kind of gentle stair stepping on the flight plate. Three visible waves in the cross section. I did not buy any myself, but at $18 the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
Disccaddie in Marietta, Ga put a couple dozen D1s and D4s on the shelves today. They were still in stock around 3pm today, because Bob had set a 2-disc maximum. All the D4s he has are 164. He has (or had) D1s from 168 to 172. Same as with Disc Stalker, the D1s are blue and the D4s are yellow. The plastic is as grippy as rubber, and bends like FLX from Discraft. I compared the plh of the discs on the rack, and they were all exactly the same. The shape of the D1 is very similar to a Destroyer, but there is a kind of gentle stair stepping on the flight plate. Three visible waves in the cross section. I did not buy any myself, but at $18 the price is reasonable.

Thanks for the info!

I am interested to see what the discs look like and wonder if they will continue to make "FLX-like" discs or if they will also offer stiffer plastic.

Thanks for the info!

I am interested to see what the discs look like and wonder if they will continue to make "FLX-like" discs or if they will also offer stiffer plastic.

No problem. The prodigy team did a show and tell at my local course yesterday, and let us throw the discs a bit, but my joints were stiff and my muscles were tight as drums, so without time to warm up before throwing them, I could not form a valid opinion. But the discs really do feel great in the hand. Almost tacky to the touch, and the seam on the underside of the mold is away from the corner of the wing, which I suppose is the easy release feature. I think most people there were impressed. I was certainly impressed with what the pros could do.

When are these discs released to the public? I recall a rule that discs have to be released to the public at least 30 days before they are used in a PDGA tournament. I can't find the rule right now, though. Kind of frustrating. Will Team Prodigy be able to use Prodigy discs in the Memorial?

When are these discs released to the public? I recall a rule that discs have to be released to the public at least 30 days before they are used in a PDGA tournament. I can't find the rule right now, though. Kind of frustrating. Will Team Prodigy be able to use Prodigy discs in the Memorial?

Cam Colglazier posted on his facebook that he was using them at a PDGA event this weekend for the first time.

Imagine that, a new company that has a few bumps in the road, and not everything went as planned. Let's list every company that has launched without any problems what-so-ever, shall we? I'll start.............and I'm done.

I don't think anyone would have batted an eye at the way they've rolled out their company if they weren't talking such a big, 'revolutionary' game. As it stands, Prodigy signed a bunch of top pros away from the top companies in the game, indicating they're ready, right off the bat, to be taken very seriously as a company. They have more top pros than Innova or Discraft. That's fine. But I don't see anywhere near the degree of professionalism yet.

If I were on Team Prodigy, I would be concerned.

I'm still rooting for this to end up being a good thing for the sport--don't get me wrong.

Prodigy will make a huge impact on the sport. How can you not make a huge impact on the sport with some of the top touring pro's? Time will be the major factor.

Prodigy will make a huge impact on the sport. How can you not make a huge impact on the sport with some of the top touring pro's? Time will be the major factor.

Positive impact or negative impact?

By selling crap product?

From what I have seen Prodigy's discs are not crap, but I disagree that just because they signed top young pros they will make a huge impact. Those top pros were already in the sport so adding them to team Prodigy does nothing for the sport at all.

If I were on Team Prodigy, I would be concerned.

Why? If Prodigy tanks, you don't think they could easily find another sponsor? Its not like these guys have their entire financial well being tied to this company. Granted would have to take a pay cut, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

By selling crap product?

From what I have seen Prodigy's discs are not crap, but I disagree that just because they signed top young pros they will make a huge impact. Those top pros were already in the sport so adding them to team Prodigy does nothing for the sport at all.

Totallly agree. Some of the folks on here are acting like Prodigy's success is linked solely to their teams performance. If that were the case MVP would have never existed.

Totallly agree. Some of the folks on here are acting like Prodigy's success is linked solely to their teams performance. If that were the case MVP would have never existed.

It's kind of funny but then again it isn't.

One thing and one thing only will make Prodigy a success. People buying their discs.

Why? If Prodigy tanks, you don't think they could easily find another sponsor? Its not like these guys have their entire financial well being tied to this company. Granted would have to take a pay cut, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Maybe you're right -- they could find other sponsors. But when you're making 20K per year in tournament winnings, your margin for withstanding a pay cut is pretty slim.

Hopefully they're guaranteed something for this year other than profit sharing.

Maybe you're right -- they could find other sponsors. But when you're making 20K per year in tournament winnings, your margin for taking a pay cut is pretty slim.

Hopefully they're guaranteed something for this year other than profit sharing.

They are, which is why I mentioned the pay cut.

Thanks for the info!

Only I'm a dumbass. The D4s are 174, not 164. :doh: