• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THE Practice Basket?

I prefer the expression "good sense".

If it was "common", more people would have it and then it would become "common sense".

:thmbup:

picture.php

Common sense people. Some have it some don't.

That's because it does not exist.
Frankly
Good sense, which is what that saying refers to is very very rare.
So in fact common sense would be the opposite of good sense.
You could say it is common to have little to no sense.

I stopped expecting people to be smart or polite sometime around my 7th birthday....

Unfortunately, my local course doesn't have a practice basket yet. What substitutes is the basket for hole #16 since it is close to the parking lot. On the weekend mornings I start right after the sun rises but as I'm finishing up I have to wait for the practice putters to move on or just skip the hole.

I was putting at The Memorial last year on the practice basket when a chick hit me right on the ankle bone with a driver from 100' out. She was lucky she was a chick.

When the course is empty I've been known to take 15-20 putters and my mids to the practice basket and work on my short game from 250ft and in. On the very off chance someone shows up to putt at the practice basket, I'll take however putters they have and putt until they leave to play, then I go back to my field work.
During mini's or tournaments I just take my 4 putters and warm up. If someone is there and only has 2, I make sure to be courteous so they can get their putters, I'll either motion for them to go, or only putt 2 at a time in sync with them.
One thing I find annoying is when someone wants to practice 50 footers or upshots while there's a crowd putting. Has an AM A tier this last weekend and sure enough, 10 people putting on one of 4 baskets, this guy is 150 foot out throwing putters yelling fore acting all annoyed that we aren't stopping what we're doing to accommodate his throws.

I recently seen a basket that was designed to return your putters back to you after dropping in the basket. It was on youtube but I cant seem to find it anyone else see this?

Latest posts