• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Bar none, best thumber disc I have thrown. So much distance!
^^Not my experience at all! The Servo occasionally slips out early and is generally inconsistent for me. Of course, I don't seem to be clicking with this disc overall, so maybe that's part of the problem.

On the other hand, and in the interest of fairness I've only played twice since receiving the Servo, and it's been cold, windy, or both each time I've played. I'm nowhere near giving up on this disc, because when I get a good throw on it I love the Eagle-ish flight, and I always like the way MVP plastic feels, looks, and takes a dye. But it hasn't been as easy to pick up and throw for me as the Resistor was, so I'm a little bit surprised. I may shelve it until the weather warms up a bit in April, and then see how it flies for me.

Were you having similar problems with the Resistor? Cause I've had that exact issue as well, but it was with all three of their FW drivers and due to the slanted rim.

I'm starting to dial it in, but the corkscrew pattern is not really what I expected. It pans very slowly, like a much beefier/more os disc, which gives it big distance potential. At low speeds, it does some things that I've only been able to achieve with an XClone (and I'm not carrying that just for a few trick shots). Still working on it though, haven't been able to play much lately.

Are the stabilities different for Neutron and Proton Servos? I want to get one for the MVP themed tournament here in the summer and I was wondering about the plastic.

Are the stabilities different for Neutron and Proton Servos? I want to get one for the MVP themed tournament here in the summer and I was wondering about the plastic.

There is no Proton Servo - only Neutron right now. So, it's an easy choice ;-)

It's almost silly how accurate and easy to range this disc is. One of the very few discs in the bag that I completely trust, and I'm surprised how quick this rapport came. My bag is about half MVP now, and the way I love and hoard mids and FD's it's no surprise.

I got to really use my Servo on the course yesterday instead of just field practice and it's starting to break in nicely. This thing is going to be fun.

I played Bradford with a friend yesterday. I started off a little rocky and by hole six I was 5 over and my friend was 1 over. But then I started to settle in and play par golf. A bogey or two combined with a few birdies later and we're all tied up at 4 over on 18.

This hole is about 320 or so up a 20 degree incline. At about 300 there is another hill going up a 70 degree incline about 30 feet. There are wood to the left and the basket it up on the hill to the left.

I usually put it at the base of the bigger hill and use my upshot to get to the top of the hill for a par.

I was up first on the tee. I threw my new MVP Inertia which had been working well all game. On this throw I threw it way to low and it hit about halfway up the first incline and to the left just outside the wooded area.

My friend put his at the bottom of the hill about 20 feet from the pin.

I pulled out my MVP Servo and let rip a giant hyzer from 175-200 feet out.

CHAINS! BIRDIE!

My buddy misses his birdie and I win by one shot.

That was one of the shots of my career. I've only got one ace but that was right after a round so didn't really count. This wasn't an Ace but it was the farthest shot I've ever hit during a round and it was on the final hole in a tie game. I felt like I just won the Super bowl!

More throws in today with the Servo. Stable straight with a hefty fade at the end. A little more stable/overstable than the Volt, not quite as much distance. Reminds me a lot of the Teebird. Very nice flier, but I'm not sure I would want to throw it over a Volt or Shock. Those two are super reliable for me and power down quite well. Still a great disc if you want a slightly smaller rim.

More throws in today with the Servo. Stable straight with a hefty fade at the end. A little more stable/overstable than the Volt, not quite as much distance. Reminds me a lot of the Teebird. Very nice flier, but I'm not sure I would want to throw it over a Volt or Shock. Those two are super reliable for me and power down quite well. Still a great disc if you want a slightly smaller rim.

I'm bagging both the volt and the servo. Similar flight but different lines for me. I get a little more distance on wide open holes with the volt but in the woods with low ceilings I break out the servo.

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to end up with the Servo or the Craze, but my Servo is really starting to impress me. For whatever reason it seemed more HSS to me at first, but now I'm really shaping lines with it well. The creamsickle plastic doesn't hurt it's case either...

It likes to stand up from a little hyzer and fade nice and forward or just eeek out to the right slowly before slowly coming back. It's more predictable in it's movement than a Star TL, though it does give up a touch of speed/range over the TL.

I have spent over two hundred throws on the servo this week, since our weather is finally favorable. Today was 60-70 throws with no wind. I love the crave and it's lines, but I am starting to love the lines that my 166 servo has. The 173 tends to be much more difficult to get up to speed oddly, I say oddly because a 175 volt is not too much disc, barely.... But the 166 servo and the both my light and heavy craves go well into the 280 range which for me is almost my max d... Very nice disc to have, even in slight headwinds.....

I have spent over two hundred throws on the servo this week, since our weather is finally favorable. Today was 60-70 throws with no wind. I love the crave and it's lines, but I am starting to love the lines that my 166 servo has. The 173 tends to be much more difficult to get up to speed oddly, I say oddly because a 175 volt is not too much disc, barely.... But the 166 servo and the both my light and heavy craves go well into the 280 range which for me is almost my max d... Very nice disc to have, even in slight headwinds.....

Nice! We shall have to get out and play soon. Damn winter if it ever really goes away! I have only thrown my servo a handful of times but I can tell where it's gonna come in handy around here.

Nice! We shall have to get out and play soon. Damn winter if it ever really goes away! I have only thrown my servo a handful of times but I can tell where it's gonna come in handy around here.

Yes it's perfect for some elve and token shots. I needed a longer vector and this is it...

As soon as we get baskets we should play...