• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

This disc is so underrated! I love this thing and have been using it more and more. Carving out a most serious role.

Yah I love it AAJ. I feel like you get a perfect pyramid from

..... (Tesla)
..... Volt
..... /. \
Servo. Crave

I love the servo because if my release point is good and throw with some pace I can hammer it low and get a 100% predictable line. The crave is more or a attention getter but the servo is a bit more predictable.

Yah I love it AAJ. I feel like you get a perfect pyramid from

..... (Tesla)
..... Volt
..... /. \
Servo. Crave

I love the servo because if my release point is good and throw with some pace I can hammer it low and get a 100% predictable line. The crave is more or a attention getter but the servo is a bit more predictable.

I have paired the Servo with the TL (though now testing the Crave).

The Servo is straight money for 280-340 straight shots that need to finish left, or for hyzer lines around that distance.

I use the TL(Crave) for straight shots with less fade, straight-turnover, or anny lines.

They are great compliments to each other imo.

Anyone have a servo which has lost a substantial amount of its LSS or developed more turn than fresh? Curious to hear how this mold is seasoning up and if like a crave it just gets straighter or keeps the LSS while losing some HSS..

Maintenance finally got my 169 Servo off the room of one of the warehouses here at work. It's been up there all summer. I'm going to throw it at lunch and see what 3 months on a metal roof in the summer time does to the flight of a disc.

I have to say though that I thought it would be warped or maybe even completely melted but it feels great and except for some extreme discoloration seems to be no worse for the wear. The bottom is still sky blue but the top is now a pale, pale bluish green.

It went from the 3rd color in the row below to the 2nd.

color-scheme-16-main.png

I'll report on the flight today after lunch.

Man, MVP makes a durable product. This Servo flies almost exactly like it did when I threw it on the roof 3 months ago.

I think the Clash is going to knock the Servo completely out of my bag. But is there enough room between the Crave and the Resistor to include a disc?

I think the Clash is going to knock the Servo completely out of my bag. But is there enough room between the Crave and the Resistor to include a disc?
If you have a heavy Resistor I would say yes. (172-175) If yours is in the mid to low 160's maybe not.

Went out tonight and played 2 sets of 9 holes
Switch servo
Inspire crave

Crave/ servo definitely interchangeable to me but servo felt like a notch more hss and less lss

Switch much more stable than the inspire

Overall way too hard of choices with MVP/axiom. Don't want to carry em all but don't want to leave any at home

I bought a 167g N servo for my girlfriend's bag but had to give it a test run first. I was impressed by how straight it would hold before the lss kicked in, even into a 10-15 mph headwind. I didn't notice any turn on full power throws. A total winner for mvp and your stable fairway slot in the bag.

Went out tonight and played 2 sets of 9 holes
Switch servo
Inspire crave

Crave/ servo definitely interchangeable to me but servo felt like a notch more hss and less lss

Switch much more stable than the inspire

Overall way too hard of choices with MVP/axiom. Don't want to carry em all but don't want to leave any at home

Interesting results! I feel my Craves has a hair more HSS, and less LSS than my Servos, which show a touch more turn but fade harder. Almost like the Eagle X / Teebird comparison, but not quite.

I feel you on the last part though. Testing out all of their new molds, I tend to have a couple good shots with each that stick in my head. Makes me want to bag every mold, but I know I don't need that many discs to cover my shots. Tough choosing sometimes, especially when I get particularly nice looking color combos.

Ah the color combos, boy am I a sucker for them. Like a kid in a candy store, one of each flavor please.

First fairway driver!

I picked up a Servo yesterday as my first fairway driver. I compared it to a Stag, Volt, and Resistor - it was quite apparent that the Volt was too fast of a disc for me, and the Resistor was more overstable than what I was looking for. I didn't get to throw a Crave (which is what I was originally looking for), but I was advised that it would be more overstable than the Servo.

Brought the Servo to a field immediately after and starting comparing it to my other discs. It's definitely sensitive to your release! There were a few shots when I accidentally put a little hyzer on it, and the Servo stuck with that line. A clean release with good snap is beautiful, though: takes off like a rocket, and fades compactly at the end (if it's low enough). I can fairly accurately throw my midranges about 200-210', and I got my Servo out to 240' (measured with UDisc). Can't wait to get this disc on a course.

Mine's a 171g, and it doesn't do any high speed turn. I'll probably manually break it in because I'd like to get a little high speed turn into the flight pattern. I've also realized since yesterday that I'm putting some serious OAT in some of my throws, so I'll have to disc down until I resolve that. :\

What's good with the servo throwers?! I don't bag one currently but can see where I might add this disc into my minimal disc setup. What lines and shots are you guys using a servo for?

I use my servos as longer vectors...hyzer, powered down straight with fade, or harder for turn to straight with consistent fade. It is a very fun disc to throw. While it is similar to my clash, servo is easier to throw.

I lost my beat in one. It was starting to fly kind of like my Switch did brand new.

Compared to a new P Clash I'm trying, I feel like my seasoned up N Servo had a bit more HS turn AND a bit earlier fade than the Clash. Fairly close, but not exactly the same.

On a normal relaxed snap it would go about 300-15 in a fairly wide and totally predictable "S".

Last edited:

Latest posts