• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

If you can find a axiom theory its one of the best beginner discs from MVP/axiom. Easy to throw for sure with tons of glide!

Just ordered 2 Servos (among some other impulse buys!) from MS. Been trying out a P Clash to replace my beat Servo, but it's just not quite the same animal.

If you can find a axiom theory its one of the best beginner discs from MVP/axiom. Easy to throw for sure with tons of glide!

After my DX Shark decided to spend the rest of its life in a Pond today, I now seem to need a new Mid-Range to replace it. The Shark was the Mid I really liked throwing. But it was only 150g and the wind helped it find the way into the water. :doh:

I found a Axion Theory, but it weights 175g (minimum) and I don't know if I want a Mid-Range that heavy. I have a Foxbat with 166 and even that feels a little heavy to me.

Do you have an other suggestion for a good Mid-Range from MVP/Axiom?

I personally don't think you will have any problem throwing a heavier theory as it has a LOT of glide even at the 177/6g which I use. There are some 160g mids from MVP but generally do tend to be on the heavier end of things. Until "plasma" plastic mids are released its going to hard to find a 150 class MVP midrange as they don't exist.

Theory is not overstable like a shark when new so it being heavier actually might be a good thing.

I found a Axion Theory, but it weights 175g (minimum) and I don't know if I want a Mid-Range that heavy. I have a Foxbat with 166 and even that feels a little heavy to me.
Powergrip has a few lighter weight Theories if ordering from Finland is not an issue: http://www.powergrip.fi/tuote/netheo/axiom-discs-neutron-theory

In general, weights just below 170 aren't an issue for me and I'm pretty much a midget :D Try messing around with different grips.

Last edited:
Well I don't need a 150g class Mid...but something around 160 would be nice. But as a beginner I don't really know how much the difference in weight will have an effect on my throw.

Do you know when the Plasma plastic will be released for mids? I don't need a new Mid-Range NOW, because I can throw the Foxbat for that. But that is a compromise for now.

Maybe never re: plasma mids -- doubt that but who knows what the plan is. Its the first time we have seen ions in 150 class and low 160's though. You can find a upper 160's theory but not the other MVP/axiom mids. Id check out the theory thread lots of love in there for a GREAT disc!!

theory: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2702426#post2702426

Do you want a midrange to replace the Shark flight or Foxbat flight?...because there's a difference in stability and glide between those 2.

The Shark suited me better until now. So Im looking for a replacement for it. I used it mainly for straight shots.

The Shark suited me better until now. So Im looking for a replacement for it. I used it mainly for straight shots.

Axis or maybe Verdict, but not under 170g right now. Maybe a future run because MVP seems to be going lighter on a lot of their discs now.

Yes. The crave was like a leopard... not sure what leopard to best compare it to. The Servo, not as much turn

See I've been throwing Craves since their release and I find them to be pretty HSS even at 330-350 ft. They aren't near Leo stability from my experience.

I just wondered if the Servo would bite more as my Craves are starting to just fly straight straight straight.

What I can add is, as a Servo beats in, it gets more and more Eagle-like? Before I lost it, my beat up one got more and more HS turn, but kept that biting fade at the end.

See I've been throwing Craves since their release and I find them to be pretty HSS even at 330-350 ft. They aren't near Leo stability from my experience.

I just wondered if the Servo would bite more as my Craves are starting to just fly straight straight straight.

My experience may not be worth much as they were both very well seasoned when I had thrown them. Are yours closer to new? I've even had new leopard with some flashing that would not turn, none, zero turn to be found. Until I took the flashing down some and whacked a couple oaks