• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I use my servos as longer vectors...hyzer, powered down straight with fade, or harder for turn to straight with consistent fade. It is a very fun disc to throw. While it is similar to my clash, servo is easier to throw.

^^^This

I lost my beat in one. It was starting to fly kind of like my Switch did brand new.

Compared to a new P Clash I'm trying, I feel like my seasoned up N Servo had a bit more HS turn AND a bit earlier fade than the Clash. Fairly close, but not exactly the same.

On a normal relaxed snap it would go about 300-15 in a fairly wide and totally predictable "S".

^^^Not this.

Servo flies like a Teebird, but with less lateral movement. Straight w/fade. Wide S curves? No.

My experience with the Servo was in line with Toro's - significantly more turn than I expected from the disc going in.

^^^Not this.

Servo flies like a Teebird, but with less lateral movement. Straight w/fade. Wide S curves? No.

When brand new, yes, that was pretty much how mine flew. After about a year of wear, it had developed significant turn while keeping most of the fade it started with.

Mine is the same which is why I keep putting it back in the bag over the clash. Took a year of everyday play to get it there and it's hard to have the patience to break in the clash the same way. Just when you think this time it's not coming back it hooks up with a nice fade. Servo,Switch,Resistor make a great fairway lineup for me

Ok, fair enough. I have 3 Neutrons(all same color, possibly same run). As they've broken in fade is less, but still no real turn unless I force them over. InBounds has the Servo as pretty overstable at -11%, 49%, and that's dead on for how my Servo's fly.

I'm probably releasing mine flat to get the enhanced turn. I don't think if I gave it decent hyzer on release it would track as far left as it does thrown flat (LHBH my world is backwards:))

Interesting, I use the Servo for fade shots(flat release) and hyzers. On a flat release, occasionally it may show a very small early turn and then late fade. No OAT involved, I learned BH on understable drivers, so OAT has never been an issue for me, fortunately. My Servos are stable enough to use into a headwind without fear...so far.

I use my Switch for hyzer flips to straight, turnovers(tight S curve), anhyzers, and even sweeping hyzers. It's become a go-to short hole and fairway driver for me, great control and precision.

MVP/Axiom I currently bag are Impulse, Inertia, Tesla, Switch, Servo, Tangent, Tensor, and Proxy.

I should add my discs take a good beating on my local courses. Penn's Woods so plenty of heavily wooded courses and my home course that I play most often has gravel fairways. They definitely aid in scratching the crap out of discs and wears them pretty well.

I don't play many wooded courses, so that may be minimizing the wear rate of my MVP discs. Although they do get normal bottom rim damage from rocks and gravel. It will be interesting for me if my Servos get beat to the point of needing to go to the Resistor in that role.

I have had my servos almost a year, they are still in 8+ condition. On most flat power throws, it will have about 5 to 10 feet of turn depending on nose angle, lock in on a nice long straight line, then fade back about 10 to 20 feet be depending on height.

It is a very similar flight to my 1st run volt that disappeared. I feel servos excell at the 275-300ft range in terms of consistent flight and control. While the switch is my favorite mvp driver, the servo is right on its heels as my second favorite.

My 1 year servo saw a lot of action, wooded action, and was pretty beat up. It had minimal turn for most of that time, a little but not so much I couldn't trust it in some wind.

Before I lost it it had started turning easily enough that it wasn't as dependable in the wind. It's how I lost it, tried to throw a tall hyzer-flip straight to fade, but it turned over too much and worked right and splashed down.

My experience with that driver class is, new Switch = beat Servo, new Servo = beat Resistor. (Fairly small sample size, one Swi and Res, 3 Servos.)

Sounds like the Servo will not remain reliably stable over time. This is good to know. My Servo(s) aren't too beat yet, I don't use it as much as the Switch...which BTW has lost its small fade and developed more turn.

My one N Servo is like a mini-Banshee. Maybe a Banshee-L, but still. :\

Got my Servo today in the mail. As a complete beginner I thought I give that disc a try, because I seem to need discs which are flat on the top to get a good grip on it. The first throws were huge hyzer-bombs....I did not expect it to hyzer that much. But after some adjusting it showed a really nice flight path.

And because this is my first MVP Disc I have to say that MVP discs look and feel great! Much better than my Innova starter discs and Star discs. ;)

Nice!! Servo is pretty overstable so that makes sense! I highly recommend checking out a lighter weight crave(will go very straight and glide great when beat up and used :D) , or inspire/switch to go along with your servo. All similar feel but more under stable flights.

I have the Servo in 158g, which was the lightest I could get here in germany without having to much costs. And I think that weight is good for my beginner-noodle-arm. All Discs I now have are 150g or bit more (158 Servo and 166 Foxbat) ;)

When I stick to the game I will definitely buy more MVP/Axiom stuff. Seems to be great material!

Nice!! Servo is pretty overstable so that makes sense! I highly recommend checking out a lighter weight crave(will go very straight and glide great when beat up and used ) , or inspire/switch to go along with your servo. All similar feel but more under stable flights.

Yes, could not really decide between Servo and Switch. Decided to buy the Servo, because of lighter weights available for me. But maybe I will add a Switch, Inspire or Crave to my setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts