• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

One other point:

I think most people will agree that large diameter, very wide rimmed, high speed drivers are hard to throw for a lot of people. So if you can make the shot with a smaller diameter disc, why not do it ?

The Tern feels/plays like a slightly smaller diameter, narrower rimmed disc, yet provides big distance, and that is kind of the holy grail, if we can get access to easier to throw and control smaller diameter/rim discs, it will significantly reduce the number of large diameter/rim discs you will carry.

Mamba 21.1 1.7 1.1 16.9 2.1 5.2 27.50
Tern.... 21.1 1.7 1.1 16.6 2.3 5.2 28.50

my guess is that the tern has a mamba top

...and what is with the mamba hate, that disc is everything the roadrunner should be. i can throw it 400ft with 60 % power.

Mamba 21.1 1.7 1.1 16.9 2.1 5.2 27.50
Tern.... 21.1 1.7 1.1 16.6 2.3 5.2 28.50

my guess is that the tern has a mamba top

...and what is with the mamba hate, that disc is everything the roadrunner should be. i can throw it 400ft with 60 % power.

i like mambas and the tern rim feels great it your hand and it kinda has a little rim bead.

Please explain how you can reach 500' with 60 % of power and a torn rotator cuff...

Wait, don't explain, I think I got it. Anyway, I gotta go catch that putter I threw with my off hand last week, in a 100 km/h headwind/hurricane, my gps says it's on its way back from Japan.

Bobby Benner has always been able to throw Far. Injured or not. I have Personally seen it !!! I think your Lucky he has not played you for Money.:gross:

Easy to explain...he would be throwing 900 ft at 100% with a healthy shoulder...after not playing for 18 years.;)

No Worries.:D
I have Personally seen Bobby Benner , throw a Putter , farther than I can throw a Driver. ( About 420 or so. ):clap:

Please explain how you can reach 500' with 60 % of power and a torn rotator cuff...

Wait, don't explain, I think I got it. Anyway, I gotta go catch that putter I threw with my off hand last week, in a 100 km/h headwind/hurricane, my gps says it's on its way back from Japan.

The Reason is Bobby Benner , really does have that much Power.

I have see him throw a Putter ( Aviar ) more than 400 feet !!!:clap:

He can throw a Roc ( Mid-Range Disc ) around 500 feet.

I'm sure when he is Healthy , he can throw a Driver 600 feet.:clap:

People just don't know or have ever seen him throw.

Here is the Real story.

I have had the Pleasure to throw Golf Disc's with Bobby Benner for years.

Yes , he has Won PDGA Open titles.

I have seen him throw a Putter ( Aviar ) over 400 feet.

I have seen him throw a Roc ( Mid-Range disc ) over 500 feet.

If he was Healthy and able to practice and play more , he very well could set the World Distance Record.

The Tern has become my go to distance driver. I was using Vulcans for my wide open distance throws. With the Tern I have been getting the same distance in alot tighter fairways. A lot less right to left(RHBH). I even threw it in a breeze coming from the left. It worked back but it struggled. The Vulcan would not have come back. I am not a big distance guy but the game is feeling new again. Cant wait till summer. Boom Boom.:D

Another hacker that knows nothing about the game. Keep hacking buddy:thmbup:

So what is your name? I was above 630 feet back when Vipers were the distance disc being used. I was about 500 with Rocs, 450 with Aviars. The last time I threw for actual distance was with gazelles and I was throwing them 620-660. Technique was way more important in those days than it is now. And yes, I am sticking to my 500 feet at 60% power. Decent wind with the right release nice and high the Tern will glide a long long ways. I have a 100 foot piece of rope with nails on both ends. I walk it off 5 times, set up my basket and go back and throw with putters, mids, fairways and drivers. I then proceed to throw approaches from the putters and Mids and putt whatever else I can. On 4 occasions the Tern was pin high, 1 to the right and four to the left. Like I said, I have nothing to gain by exaggerating . I simply can not throw any harder than about 60% right now so getting the right angles on my longer throws is crucial to me right now and the Tern has helped with getting the long shots out there. About being past my prime, I never said I wasn't, thats a given for anyone in any sport when they get older. I would really like to know who you are and then try and figure out why you question me. If you know me or have ever seen me throw you know for a fact that I was way over 500 on my best days. Being at 500 on my best day is an insult. PM me if you would like, actually please PM me. Not looking to get into an argument with you but would just like to have a simple discussion with you. And, if I know you to catch up on the times. Balls in your court now, I would really enjoy chatting with you.

Nice !!!!:clap::thmbup::popcorn:

Im not sure if you are serious or not but you are coming off like a little sidekick right now. Are you two dating?

:D

Good one !!!:thmbup:

Can you play Disc Golf ?

What Division do you play in ?

Have you thrown the Champion Tern yet ?

What weight do you throw ?

How Old are you ?

Are you married ? Divorced ?

Do you wear a knee brace ?

Do you have Cancer ? Aids ?

Do you wear Tighty Whities ?

Last edited:
Good one !!!:thmbup:

Can you play Disc Golf ?

What Division do you play in ?

I'm getting the impression that about 90% of the forum users here can't play the game so they come on here to bash the people that can, the people that have and the people that know. There are a few that I have been messaging here and they have been great and I have given advice to them. My advice to the rest would be to not comment on sh*t that you have know idea about or things that you can't or ever will be able to do with a disc.

Well, if it's anything like the krait, it may only be a special holiday run for star....And, the star krait is nice :)

This thread is really testing my commitment to take a year off from buying Innova in order to try other brands. It sounds like the Tern is a real winner for noodle arms like me.

I'm getting the impression that about 90% of the forum users here can't play the game so they come on here to bash the people that can, the people that have and the people that know. There are a few that I have been messaging here and they have been great and I have given advice to them. My advice to the rest would be to not comment on sh*t that you have know idea about or things that you can't or ever will be able to do with a disc.

In the game of life, we are all just throwing discs in the park, lighten up!

Sorry !

Sorry !

Didn't mean to offend anyone about being a Amateur or Novice Player.

When I started playing Disc Golf , they didn't have 10 divisions to chose from.

Here is how it worked. If you were Under 16 years of age and never entered a Tournament before , you could play Novice.

If you were 18 years of age , you HAD to play in the Open Division. They stated , this is where you LEARN how to Play Disc Golf and get Better.

Did not matter if you shot 27 Over Par or 16 Under Par.

Everyone who was 18 to 35 years of age , all played in the same division.

My Problem is , I know Players who still play Amateur or Novice Player after 10+ years. What the ........

Some don't want to play Tournaments , I understand that.
Some play Tournaments and S... the Bed , so to speak.
Please do not play Tournaments if all you want to do is complain.

Get out and Practice , Practice , Practice , Practice and Practice some more.

Never stop learning and experimenting and Learn how to get better.:clap:

I have some Issues , of course , with east coast players. I'm sorry you have very crappy weather.
Not my fault that I'm able to play Year Round with Shorts and Teeshirt. I choose to live in better climate.:gross:

Here is the Real story.

I have had the Pleasure to throw Golf Disc's with Bobby Benner for years.

Yes , he has Won PDGA Open titles.

I have seen him throw a Putter ( Aviar ) over 400 feet.

I have seen him throw a Roc ( Mid-Range disc ) over 500 feet.

If he was Healthy and able to practice and play more , he very well could set the World Distance Record.

Nope, don't believe it

Latest posts