• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

I agree that the HL Terns are nice. they are more stable than other Terns I've used other than a 175g Champion Tern, that has more beef than the HL stars. But I hope the DDX is made more available as I want one. I love the HL Tern fyi
Is it possible to get more flat champ Terns? My champ has some and a heartbeat. I might like to grab a max weight champ Tern and call it good.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to get more flat champ Terns? My champ has some and a heartbeat. I might like to grab a max weight champ Tern and call it good.

The flattest champ I have is a pink first run. I hope that is not the only answer.

I've given up on the Tern. Been a while since I've bagged them but I've kept a few around for field work in case I decided to give another go. The rim is just too thin. I can't get a decent pull on them. They slip out of my hand way too often and I can throw my blizzard Wraiths (158-160g) further. Going to PIAS.

Ooh, the warehouse? Is that the online factory store or?

Haha no it's just their warehouse of production runs. All the current new champ terns I've seen have been on the flatter side. Non of them I'd consider overly domey like some of the earlier runs.

So... did some field testing with Terns today. Based on all my reading of Terns and plastics my expectation on stability would have been Champ>Gstar>Star>Pro. Field testing with fairly fresh discs actually turns out to be Champ>Pro>Star>Gstar. I found this surprising and interesting. Anyone agree or disagree?

Really, how could gstar not be last in stability? Minus maybe some dx runs.

But I would think star before pro for sure.

So... did some field testing with Terns today. Based on all my reading of Terns and plastics my expectation on stability would have been Champ>Gstar>Star>Pro. Field testing with fairly fresh discs actually turns out to be Champ>Pro>Star>Gstar. I found this surprising and interesting. Anyone agree or disagree?

The only one that's surprising is pro. But after some beating in it could sit between star and Gstar. Put them on a flat surface and look at the wing/PLH between them, it should correlate to the relative stabilities.

I've been impulsive and stupid enough to choose a disc for the looks so now I need advice from the Tern gurus. :D

I'm not even at 300' speed yet so I know I shouldn't throw a DD yet but had the chance to look through boxes of discs before they where unpacked and couldn't resist grabbing myself a 170g Champ Tern for my practice/future DD.

I do realize I probably should have gone for star or g* (was the plan) and probably lower than 170g...

Should I accept my choice and learn my new disc or should I get a second one to use as my first DD? Is the star 165g much easier to get distance with for a intermediate player?

Attachments

• DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 41
Champ Terns fly very nice, but you'll have to grow into it. Enjoy the practice throws. And you could definitely use it for some forehand hyzer-flips.

Should I accept my choice and learn my new disc or should I get a second one to use as my first DD? Is the star 165g much easier to get distance with for a intermediate player?

Having one Tern is like having one Bassett Hound. It just doesn't work. Get a Star and throw that Champ into the wind.

Having one Tern is like having one Bassett Hound. It just doesn't work. Get a Star and throw that Champ into the wind.

Haha Damn, I was just about to explain my situation as a student and argue that as my single DD the Champ might work better (live on the coast after all)...

Trying to figure out if I have the stomach to exchange this pearl for an orange star or if I'll just have to get a second Tern later. :)

Keep that one, especially if you got it for looks. Get another Tern later.

I love that rainbow rotational splash coloring... ;)

I will go out and throw it straight into the 25 mph winds I got going on the field and compare it to my flipping FDs. Should do the trick for my conscience.

Those older star Tern that said -4 turn, is it confirmed they're actually a different mold and not that they just reevaluated the numbers?

Didn't buy one because my friend said they didn't differ but now I feel like really missed the perfect beginner Tern. :)

Latest posts