• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

"Can i borrow a Sharpie?"... what follows is the making of the sickest 'disc charging station' ever. Signature and date included.

And then you give them a portable 12v disc charger, on the hood of their car. They'll appreciate always having one with them.

I was practice putting and Listening to two guys on the Tee at a local course in Charlotte. Neither player could likely throw much over 200' and were very new.

Player 1- Throws bad shot

Player 2- "Dude I'm telling you the pads here are way too short"

Player 1- "Yea man I never have enough room for a run up out here. That's why I don't throw good shots."

Player 2- "They should look into getting good teepads"

The teepads at the course in question are 6'x12' concrete Pads

The thing I heard new players say is, why do they make Minis? This was right befroe a PDGA Sanctioned tournament after the director had just explained how to mark a lie with a disc or mini. Ended up having to give him 2 minis as he left one on the course after last throw in round one. The second free mini marker disc, one I got from a parade he kept without asking and I had only 3 or 4 Minis at the time. He needed a mini as he had only one disc a Thunderbird or Firebird. He was not ready for a tournament and did not know a single rule. :\

Last edited:
I said as a new player in 2003 was Stingray has a Water animal on it, therefore it floats. I lost the disc, I even had a Rubber Putter that floats and should have used that instead. I did not see the Floats in water label on the Rubber Putter. This is hpow in my second time ever playing until a year later I had to use only my 166 gram Rubber Putter. In 2003 they did not really sell discs online and nobody in town sold Disc Golf Discs even though the first good local course was put in during 2002.

Last edited:
"The TD said 'no 2 meter rule.' That means you have to take a stroke penalty since you're in a tree."
I was playing with the TD. We caught them a few holes later and corrected their error.

I often run into noobs when I am out playing one disc rounds with only a putter. They will say "You can play through. But we already threw our drives so those are our discs out there." I guess they think I am going to steal their discs. Sometimes I can even overhear them say "Let this chucker play through." as I walk up. Then I throw my putter farther then all their drivers and they say "Nice drive."

Most of these noobs wear the same outfit-one size too small dry-fit shirt, baggy shorts, socks pulled up to the calf, and have a bag with 20-30 discs in it...

When I had my original starter pack which included a classic dx aviar, I remember catching up to a group who let me play the rest of the round with them. I got up to my 10 foot putt and missed left. Then I started to complain that this putter was a piece of junk and I'm sure I would have better luck with a different putter. One of the guys has a blank look on his face and hands me some other putter, I think it was a magnet to use the rest of the round. Then I missed the next 10 foot putt amateur side. I'm hoping I shut up after that but I don't remember anything else.

I was practice putting and Listening to two guys on the Tee at a local course in Charlotte. Neither player could likely throw much over 200' and were very new.

Player 1- Throws bad shot

Player 2- "Dude I'm telling you the pads here are way too short"

Player 1- "Yea man I never have enough room for a run up out here. That's why I don't throw good shots."

Player 2- "They should look into getting good teepads"

The teepads at the course in question are 6'x12' concrete Pads

For a second I thought you heard me rambling about valley view's tee pads, but those pads are veeeeeeeery short imo.

I often run into noobs when I am out playing one disc rounds with only a putter. They will say "You can play through. But we already threw our drives so those are our discs out there." I guess they think I am going to steal their discs. Sometimes I can even overhear them say "Let this chucker play through." as I walk up. Then I throw my putter farther then all their drivers and they say "Nice drive."

Most of these noobs wear the same outfit-one size too small dry-fit shirt, baggy shorts, socks pulled up to the calf, and have a bag with 20-30 discs in it...

Oh hay thur

I remember you

That is absolutely horrific. I've been learning the Destroyer the past few months, and have begun to see the virtues. But no one ever needs that many of ANYTHING in one bag.

Except, of course, Rocs. :p

I hear all of the time "I outgrew my Leopards and Sharks/I hate sharks/leopards all they do is turn and burn."

Latest posts