• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This time of year sucks.

Kinda reminds me of Charles Dickens, "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." Or something like that.

My home course is blessed or cursed with a lot of trees, big trees with big leaves. Yellows, browns, reds, oranges, purples. Beautiful when they are still on the trees but a pain in the a$$ on the ground. And yet there are more throwing lanes.

My course is also blessed or cursed with some gnarly thickets and dense shrubs. Discs have a heck of a lot harder time getting lost in there now.

Out of frying pan and into the fire. Or maybe, when a door closes, somewhere a window opens.

Ahhh... The Zen of disc golf. :D

Yeah guys ive been going out freezing my grapes off, its been about 40ish and gusty winds in west michigan on the lakeshore lately. Its wierd to see only 3-10 guys out playing in the park when theres at least 50-100 people discing during the warm months. I got some friends that disc in the snow, were hard core up here.

It would be awesome to live where I could play comfotably all year round. Maybee thats why ive played for 15 years but throw like a 7-8 year player. Seems like the best players come from warm weather states.

It would be awesome to live where I could play comfotably all year round. Maybee thats why ive played for 15 years but throw like a 7-8 year player. Seems like the best players come from warm weather states.

I don't know...

David Feldberg - Springfield, OR
Barry Schultz - Menomonee Falls, WI
Avery Jenkins - Springfield, OR
Nikko Locastro - Creve Coeur, MO

Although yes, Ken Climo is from Florida...

The thing I hate about playing this time of year is along with the shorter days, there seems to be a longer period of low horizon sun. Doesn't bode well for the putting game.

Its kind of hard to get "in the zone" when your fingers and toes are numb, plus more layers of clothing for warmth equals less mobility. Discing in freezing cold is better than not discing at all but isnt the best.

I don't know...

David Feldberg - Springfield, OR
Barry Schultz - Menomonee Falls, WI
Avery Jenkins - Springfield, OR
Nikko Locastro - Creve Coeur, MO

Although yes, Ken Climo is from Florida...

Oregon doesn't get a whole lot of snow, and St. Louis is a whole lot easier to play year round than somewhere like Michigan or Upstate New York. Definitely easier to keep in form when you have a couple weeks of nasty winter rather than a couple months.

I got up early the other day to play dg before school because by the time I'm done the damn sun is going down. I hate daylight savings time, and winter.

The thing I hate about playing this time of year is along with the shorter days, there seems to be a longer period of low horizon sun. Doesn't bode well for the putting game.

That's oh so true. I have poor depth perception and that low light, filtered through the branches really makes it difficult judging distances for those long putts.

It could be worse. We could have "standard time" year round. Let's just be glad for the 7 months of daylight savings that we do have. Really I'd like to have daylight savings year 'round. I wonder if the Georgia state legislature would see the virtue of that? :)

I haven't been able to throw my yellow elite z buzzz for a while now, but the leaves are finally getting brown here... which just means I can't throw my dark red champion eagle for a while :(

I really need those discs in new colors...

Had the 2 boys with me unexpectedly yesterday. It was 60 degrees but we move slow with them along and it got dark fast.

Chalk up a DNF for the round but I at least got some good throws in. Going to get going earlier next Saturday.

Agreeing with mashnut on the less cold equals better discing opinion, and I do have several glow discs, Im watching kids until like 3pm everday and its getting dark shortly after 5pm so my disc golf window has been pretty small. We just got three beautiful days here around 60 degrees this last weekend and I was laid up in bed with the flu. Sucks man, bad timing huh? but ill be back out on the course soon good or bad weather.

I don't like the lack of daylight, but the weather is awesome. We played Reedy Creek, Killborne, and then Hornet's Nest today. It was a GREAT albeit long day of disc golf. I didn't sweat my elf balls off today, which I would have 2 months ago. I would have had a hard time playing that much if it was 90 degrees out with 90% humidity. Awesome day.

It's getting bleak, start work at 630 (basically sunrise) finish at 430, sun goes down around 445, closest course to my work is 20 mins. i couldnt even get out this weekend because I was bowhunting, the trip took me past sandy point, yulga, standing rocks, and big eau pleine but i was with my dad so no stopping. my only hope now is that i get laid off before it starts snowing a lot.