• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Three putt

Maybe once or twice a month and I play anywhere from 20 -25 rounds in that amount of time. As I'm getting much better with putting this season, I've learned to lay up more and play it safe rather than go for it all the time when the chances simply aren't there.

I did it twice in a very windy tournament this last weekend...but I hadn't done it in ages before that. Even in the wind, I was feeling pretty damn salty about it.

When I'm putting poorly I never three putt. I just lay up and concede the stroke. When I'm putting well I'll inevitably three putt at some point during a round because I take more chances. Either way it doesn't happen all that often.

When I started playing I putted with an XD and blew by all the time. I three putted 5-6 times a round back then.

When I'm putting poorly I never three putt. I just lay up and concede the stroke. When I'm putting well I'll inevitably three putt at some point during a round because I take more chances. Either way it doesn't happen all that often.

When I started playing I putted with an XD and blew by all the time. I three putted 5-6 times a round back then.
It must be very difficult to be you.

Rarely anymore, usually only on holes like 9 @ Hornet's nest (elevated basket, edge of a berm, about 9' tall from behind the basket, like 15+' on the short side.) Actually, I 5-putted it Sunday! (casual round, so I kept going for it.)

It must be very difficult to be you.
For the first 5-6 years that I played my rounds went like this:

• n00b hyzer an 80' drive off the tee into some crappy shule
  • hit early tree trying to get out
  • throw somewhat passable midrange shot that ends up out of putting range
  • take long stupid run at basket, miss badly and blow by
  • miss comebacker
  • hole out
  • repeat 17 more times

Fortunately the course I usually played was only 4,200'; I usually could keep my score <100. :|

Now I throw 160' off the tee, stay in the fairway some of the time and layup the long putt to save the stroke. It's really improved my game; I can usually score <80 now. :|

I three-putted 5 times in the last round of Stoney Hill Open. Went from 3 behind MJ to out of the cash, possibly worst putting in my memory... Well, I guess worst putting in memory since I can't think of any worse.

I blame it on my first Zyrtec of the season.

Before I went to bowling green rarely. When i was there and since I got back way more than I like to admit. That wind changed me. Confidence is beyond shaken at this point.

I don't always three putt, but when I do..... It's always in a tournament.

Dos Equis jokes aside, rarely. But it does tend to happen in pressure situations. Not the whole tournament, just on the last few holes when I'm competing for the top of the card.

Latest posts