• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

McBeth himself said that the Stars are basically identical in flight, just beat in faster. Source: The man himself at the PIAS in my hometown.

There are a lot of pretty Thinderbirds out right now, but I'm not clicking with the mold. It may be the champ one of my friends I threw but it's high speed slightly understable and low speed slightly Overstable.

So for my forehand, which I can throw very hard it turns more than needed, but still comes back some. It just doesn't have the lines to fit In between my FB and Hu in the bag. My backhand, which is not near as strong, I was getting a very similar flight to my Stag when thrown flat. I threw both of the on flat low wooded fairway lines about 345-360 ish but the fade was stronger than the 2 it rates. Probably just don't quite have the pop needed to throw this one BH the way it is intended yet.

I'll just stick to my beat in Star TB for those shots I can throw it just as far with almost no noticeable turn and barely any fade.

15266045534_4e5f25a5fe_b.jpg

McBeth himself said that the Stars are basically identical in flight, just beat in faster. Source: The man himself at the PIAS in my hometown.

Identical to which? I haven't received my star or my production champ yet. But I have g stars, glow champs, and proto star. The proto star is completely different. I hope the star is like proto is like production champ. But the star is going on the wall. I can wait for production stars this time.

Yes, Innova has a guarantee that if you don't like it then they will take it back. Some have complained that they have got zero swirls in.

lmao.

i'm sorry, that's just funny. "I CAN'T RESELL THIS! I WANT THE PRETTY COLORS! I WANT YOU TO STIR THAT MOLTEN PLASTIC WITH YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS AND MAKE ME SOME SWIRLS!!!"

anyway. hopefully they fly well. do these also share a FB wing?

Hey people just want to be happy when they throw down $20 + shipping on a disc. Especially if they have collector dreams about making money off it later.

People should also guess that Innova is going to put up pics of the best lookers of the run to suck you into the purchase.

Even if you bought it for a thrower or tester, go ahead and show an ugly disc some love....put that bee-och in the air!

Last edited:
Only reason I would send back is if its of a red/green majority. Im red/green colorblind and not being able to choose my color is really a shot in the dark. I've lost so many red discs its unreal. I havent bought a red disc in over two years.

Only reason I would send back is if its of a red/green majority. Im red/green colorblind and not being able to choose my color is really a shot in the dark. I've lost so many red discs its unreal. I havent bought a red disc in over two years.

I am right there with you. Greens are okay for me, but reds especially if I am not looking directly at them turn to black and blend into the ground. I hate red discs, especially muted or darker reds.

okay but the idea that lots of people will be doing the same isn't accurate. Innova pro shop has been dishing out barf colors for a while now.

$7.50 shipped to your house

$3 shipped back

= $10.50 to check out the color

Just keep it and sell it in the MP for $11

The thunderbird feels and flys great. The many PD "freaks" of DGCR have no reason to bother buying one but for anyone else who isn't married and wants an overstable 9 speed disc this one is perfect.

For gags I have to say that the thunderbird is a nearly identical copy of the standard Avenger in both shape and flight. The Avenger was released a whole decade ago in 2005, the same year as the sidewinder. A year before even the roadrunner and wraith. It was pretty popular for a time for the exact same reasons you all love your new thunderbirds but because the oldschool Innova brand name is so -incredibly- dominating in popularity the Avenger never did and never will receive dat love. Both Innova and Discraft have copied each other so many times but yeah I still feel the need to say it because I dig the avenger so much lol. :p

Latest posts