• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Too long for a Buzzz or a Roc, what should I throw?

Buy a flx buzzz, four finger power grip it, you'd be suprised how far that disc will go. I was thinking of filling up my whole bag with buZzz' and challengers so I couldn't pick the wrong disc

Buy a flx buzzz, four finger power grip it, you'd be suprised how far that disc will go. I was thinking of filling up my whole bag with buZzz' and challengers so I couldn't pick the wrong disc

You know, one could do pretty well with nothing but a Buzzz and a Challenger, provided there were no truly long holes...

stalker TL or maybe just a hyzer with destroyer

Say what? That makes no sense. If you hyzer a Destroyer you're going to need a long, left turning (RHBH) fairway. I thought we were talking about something that's just out of reach of a midrange.

Say what? That makes no sense. If you hyzer a Destroyer you're going to need a long, left turning (RHBH) fairway. I thought we were talking about something that's just out of reach of a midrange.

I think he means more of a hyzer-spike type throw. Not actually chucking the thing with all you got.

I'm sure there are lots of options out there, but in this situation I'd probably throw a Cyclone. It's not as fast or long as a TL, but it has enough glide to get you out beyond mid range. Maybe think of it as a "slow" fairway driver?

You should try a comet. Farthest flying midrange out there and it has a 0 stability so it won't fade hard at the end. Other than that try hyzer spiking an overstable midrange

Hear, hear! I got an Elite-Z Comet with my misprint order. Instantly fell in love. Straightest flying fairway, mid, approach disc I've thrown. Then my gf tried it and now it's hers. :( No matter another good excuse to buy a disc.

Comet all the way.

I use a Stalker and a Star Leopard for just the shot you are talking about. My Stalker is my next step up from my Buzz. My Stalker used to be also overstable, so I threw it against a fence and a tree for a while, and it has now straighted out. I love the glide on the Stalker as well.

I use a Stalker and a Star Leopard for just the shot you are talking about. My Stalker is my next step up from my Buzz. My Stalker used to be also overstable, so I threw it against a fence and a tree for a while, and it has now straighted out. I love the glide on the Stalker as well.

I have been wondering if you even have to do that. I want to try maybe the Epic idea and see if I can bend the edge downward a bit on one of my normal overstable discs and see if it does it.

I third the Comet suggestion. And also, I too have found that after a few good kicks off trees and poles the Stalker has straightened out more.

If it's too long for my Buzzz, depending on whether I need to backhand or forehand it, I'm going to throw my Valk or my Starfire and just not necessarily throw with full power...

And all this time, I thought you were a Stalker...;)