• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Trends Within Your Bag?

My trend since day one has been nothing but pink and purple discs, which has stayed true for me. The current trend has been towards fairway drivers and putters. I only carry a Buzzz for a mid and only have two discs over an 8 speed. As for makes, it's slowly all becoming Westside, Discraft and MVP plus Gateway just for putters (all wizards, might pick up a Voodoo soon)

I actually like Innova but I am currently only throwing a Valkyrie and considering throwing a Roc so my Buzzz can have a buddy again.

Still only 5 months in so this could all shift as fast as a lightning bolt but I don't see my love for Westside or MVP dying down anytime soon.

Color coding in the bag, altho not every disc fits this pattern...yet :)

OS Fairway: Red (4 Eagles all but one are red)
US Fairway: Yellow (All 4 of my Leopards are yellow)

OS Mid: Pink (don't own any yet)
Stable Mid: Orange (Buzzz and Comets)
US Mid: Blue (pretty sure all my mids are blue now)

I've had a big influx of Innova recently (Some F2 and X-Out discs last week and I just ordered 3 different Eagles), but my putters have never been Innova. Discraft, Gateway, MVP, Dynamic, Lat64 (currently on the Pure) and next up will be the Ringer/Breaker if I fall out of love w/the Pure. I'm loving it so far tho and looking to get an Opto for driving and a pair of Softs to go along w/my Hards, then I could just go out for a round w/my 5 Pures and see how things go heh

trend #1: trying to break the stranglehold flattop dx rocs had on my midranges, it used to be all i carried. so now i'm trying to work in molds that are more easily replaceable.

trend #2: trying out discs from companies other than innova. the legacy patriot was the first to earn a spot in the bag and now i also have a comet. looking to try a wasp and maybe try a buzz again. :eek:

trend #3: putters and mids ~ 175g and and drivers 165 - 170g.

I've never been crazy particular about color, the biggest trend has been number of molds. I've lurked the forums since I started playing and tried the whole bag minimalization thing. I had the classic 2 Aviar/3 Rocs/3 Teebirds/2 Firebirds/2 Destroyer bag. I've sorta thrown it all out the window as I started playing more for fun instead of competitively.

My back's shot to hell from work, so I've gravitated more towards glidy understable discs that I don't have to rip on to get distance. Once I did that, I've started shooting lower because I don't necessarily have to throw max effort all the time.

Trend #1 after learning to disc down I no longer carry anything above a speed 9 because I cannot throw over 350 yet

Trend #2 Discraft mid-ranges, after experimenting with other brands I always come back to the Hornet and Buzz for my one two punch to get me out of any bad lies and for approach shots 150-250 feet out (with the exception of the Warship which I use as a driver not so much as a mid-range)

Trend #3 I still have some darker colors, but anytime I am buying new I try to get the brightest disc I can

I keep trying Swedish plastic, and keep ending up going back to Innova drivers, Discraft mids and Gateway putters (with one Judge).

The Stag and Saint are getting an extended view, though. Why is it that Swedish plastic seems to do so poorly in the wind?

I swap discs out a lot w/o changing molds.

Packing more and more mids and putters and fewer drivers.

Nothing over 9 speed is turning into nothing over 7 speed ('cept Firebirds). If I want to add fast drivers I'm going to need to carry them in my pockets or something. ?.?

My trend has become all Vibrams in either a single or double NutSac. I like the way Vibrams look and feel and I love the simplicity of the NutSac. Part of it, if I'm being honest with myself about the vanity of it, is I like the kind of niche it carves for me. Locally, only one other person I know throws Vibram and I've only seen a few NutSacs being used, certainly not by local club members as their main bag. When someone plays a round with me, they may not remember my name, but they usually remember my NutSac full of rubber.

I noticed some trends about the discs in my bag and wanted to start a discussion to see what others might see in their bags.

Trend #1 is very common, I'm sure. Color. Over time, I've gravitated towards certain color discs. My primary bag is almost exclusively bright yellows, oranges and pinks. My backup bag is primarily blues and bright greens.

Trend #2 is also common, I would imagine. Weight. My putters and mids are all in the 175g, heavy end of the spectrum. My drivers, with one exception, are all in the mid to light width range, anywhere from 150g up to 163g. (The only exception is a 175g Predator, that's more of a utility disc, than standard driver for me anyway.)

Trend #3, I'm really interested to see what others do. My bag is primarily Innova and Innova built (Millennium). Here's the trend in question. I also carry four Discraft molds, and three out of four are the most overstable discs that I carry in their respective categories. The Predator is my most overstable driver, the Hornet is my most overstable mid and the Zone is my most overstable putter. (I also carry a Buzzz.) All of my Innova and Millennium discs are either understable or relatively neutral.

So does anyone else have a disc stability by manufacturer trend in their bags? Or what other trends might you have yourself?

I thought the Drone is the most over stable Discraft mid.

he said most overstable that he carries. so basically. the most overstable mid he carries is a Hornet.

hornet fa sho. i just picked one up a month or two ago and already snagged an ace with it. granted it was like just barely over 200 but in my defense the wind was pretty nasty. love my discraft mids

For all intents and purposes my bag is all Innova, including companies that get molds from them (DM) or those that have molds that are basically clones of Innova molds(roc/ wasp, Warlock/ beadless aviar)

I replace discs regularly, but not necessarily molds.

I've never really had any interest in trying anything outside of Innova, Discraft, Gateway or Legacy

Bright colors for obvious reasons. Pink if I can find it. My weights vary, but I seem to be throwing more and more 175's. Molds are mostly Innova, since the non - Innova discs I have are Innova clones anyway (Pain : Roc, Pure : Aviar).

#1 - every disc is red except putters which are black or white.
#2 - every disc is <170g, except putters which are >170g
#3 - everything is made in Sweden.

At the moment I don't have any trends in my bag but I'm planning to carry all Discmania next summer, and always colors that are easily spotted in most conditions. No white because it's extremely hard to spot in the winter. Neon-yellow, Hot pink and Orange are definitely the best colors IMO. Btw, green + summer = ehh) Yellow and Orange are harder to spot in autumn though, so a hot pink is the best. Max weight for putters, and mostly for mid-ranges too. Nothing under 160g. Distance drivers under 170g.. though MEAT-HOOKS full-weight so they really are MEAT HOOKS, not meat hooks. An another trend is that I'll try to keep my bag as simple as possible.

I'm those guys who always want to have these "trends" in everything.

Trending toward DD/West/Lat. I could see eventually only carrying a Meteor from Discraft, and maybe a Tern from Innova. Not sure on the future of my MVP stuff.

Similar to the rest here... over time my bag has moved back towards Innova/Discraft after various experiments with other companies. I feel like I gave Prodigy a legitimate shot this year with several molds but none of them stuck.

Disc color I'm not so particular on, I'd rather have something pearly or slightly unique that makes the disc special in my mind (even if its factory second imperfections).

I also really like to have my discs in a specific order in my bag. Helps me to, at a glance, see if I'm missing something (I still leave discs behind... getting better).

I also really like to have my discs in a specific order in my bag. Helps me to, at a glance, see if I'm missing something (I still leave discs behind... getting better).
I have to have them in basic speed order, then more stable to less within each speed.

Latest posts