• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble throwing past 450

it's getting deep in here.

ftw86067.jpg

oh and by the way, I am having trouble shagging more than 8 women a night. My form is great but i just can't satisfy 9.

How's my cuddling? my cuddling is really good. I feel confident cuddling/snuggling for any length of time.

i usually dont need 450' if i do it will take a 2nd shot

Do you throw side arm or back hand, and what kind of drivers are you using? I found that by doing a core muscle workout has added considerable distance to my drive, that with a 172 champ boss, I can drive around 450-475 on an open flat hole. The ab workout added about 50 ft to my drive.

i wouldnt worry about going any longer, you can navigate a course just fine if you can throw 350' in my mind. i can hit 400+ but i never use it so what is the point other than that one hole at that one tournament you might play this year that no one else can reach

I'd love to have your problem, I have issues getting accuracy past 250' :(

I'm just working on my form so I can keep a disc under control for 300'+.
Past 450', it just seems like there would be so few times to throw that.
When I was throwing 150', I just wanted to throw 200'
When I got to 200', I just wanted to throw 250'...and so on.

While I'm still working on my driving and throwing form, it's the putting that I worry about.
Where do the top pro's spend most of their practice time? PUTTING!!!!!!

So how's your puttIng?
I think maybe if you spent more time working on your putts, you might get your rating to 1000.

Just thinking...

I'm just working on my form so I can keep a disc under control for 300'+.
Past 450', it just seems like there would be so few times to throw that.
When I was throwing 150', I just wanted to throw 200'
When I got to 200', I just wanted to throw 250'...and so on.

While I'm still working on my driving and throwing form, it's the putting that I worry about.
Where do the top pro's spend most of their practice time? PUTTING!!!!!!

So how's your puttIng?
I think maybe if you spent more time working on your putts, you might get your rating to 1000.

Just thinking...

i agree, while distance is nice to have if you cant finish strong it will hurt your game

Nobody wants to go there. DGR is the Linux users of disc golf.

:cool:

when I saw that Zenbot had posted in a thread about throwing 450'+ I had to come see what the noodle armed banndit had that could further the discussion.

And I agree, DGR is for guy like Frank Delicious. :|

when I saw that Zenbot had posted in a thread about throwing 450'+ I had to come see what the noodle armed banndit had that could further the discussion.

And I agree, DGR is for guy like Frank Delicious. :|
I can throw past 450'...on a steep decline.:\

This should cover most responses- 1) The current disc's that I use for Distance are Champion Destroyers and Champion Boss. I typically like the weight around 171 or 172 ,but some of them are max weight. 2) Many of you are telling me to work on my putt and not worry so much about throwing farther. In response to this I am practicing my putt a lot as well as my mid game. I posted this because I personally want to throw farther, knowing full well that most holes on a course do not require this much distance. *I stated this in a previous comment ,but some of you must have missed it* 3) I have spent many hours with local pros who all throw around the same distance as myself. I owe them a lot because they helped to shape the player I have become. 4) I have recently asked a top world player if I could meet up with him in hope that he can show me ways to improve my game. Not just distance. 4) I have not thrown a katana yet but I have thrown a Nuke. I do like the Nuke and it seems to add more feet to my drives. I also plan on using a less stable disc and sending it out on more of a hyzer. I do have luck with a light weight pro Destroyer by sending it out higher and more to the left in order to maximize the "S" curve for good distance. The reason I posted this was not to seem arrogant ,but to ask a wider group of golfer's since I don't have anyone close to me that can throw much farther. Hope this helps some of your questions and If ya'll have anymore please ask. I will try to respond in a timely manner and thank you for the help so far.