• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats

Look at some of the tee signs they have posted. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. I wonder if manufacturers suggest hiring course designers? Or is that just a silly concept lol

I'd play it. Is there a bagger equivalent term for those that hit breweries? i could hit two addictions at the same time.

I just did that yesterday! Whistle Hop, near Asheville, NC.

5th course of the day and 2nd of 3 breweries!! :thmbup:

Look at some of the tee signs they have posted. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. I wonder if manufacturers suggest hiring course designers? Or is that just a silly concept lol

The tee signs show a bike path or road possibly coming into play on the vast majority of holes. At face value, you gotta be concerned about a course that brings them into play as frequently as is shown on the signs and I have to believe they're on the tee signs for a reason.

That said, they aren't obvious looking at the course pix, and maybe it's a little harder to throw into through them than the signs would make you think. Doesn't look to be a public roadway. Looks like it's just a dirt road that winds it's way through the property, probably seldom used.

IF it's private property, they should have some control over who's doing what on the property. And if it's a brewery, seems strange it's not listed as a private course. :\

Way more questions than answers...
Hence the call for some "reliable local help."

I'm sure it's on private brewery land. It makes no sense otherwise. Their website says they have 450 acres :eek:

As far a conflict with the trails go, the place is in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine there ever being so many people there that there would actually be a conflict.

The whole operation opened last year and not only do they have the brewery and tap room open, but they have the grounds developed with trails and a disc golf course? I wish I had 1/4 of the ambition these folks have.

They must have some damn good beer for a 5700ft course to warrant a 5* rating...
I mean it has four reviews? It will level out one day.

Do you want to get outraged? OK, here you go: There is a course near me with a rating of 4 on one review. It's a niner crammed into a tiny park, so it's a lame short putter course. I think you are supposed to throw over the parking lot and at the ball fields, playground, picnic area and such, which would make it breathtakingly dangerous in addition to being a lame short putter course. I can't be sure because there are no tees that I could find. No map, no signs, just nine baskets in this tiny park with a pool and ball fields. It's probably the worst disc golf course ever, or if it isn't it's at least the most dangerously designed disc golf course ever. On DGCR, it has a 4.

I've never been able to bring myself to review it since the one time I was there I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to play it. It's a good 45 minutes away and I have a hard time devoting and hour and a 1/2 driving time to go back and figure it out just so I can blast it with the 0 it so desperately deserves. Everyone around here has heard of how bad it is, so I can't get anyone to road trip with me to help me figure it out.

So there you go; possibly the worst and/or most dangerous disc golf course to ever be has a 4 rating on DGCR. Set outrage meters on "high."

The tee signs show a bike path or road possibly coming into play on the vast majority of holes. At face value, you gotta be concerned about a course that brings them into play as frequently as is shown on the signs and I have to believe they're on the tee signs for a reason.

That said, they aren't obvious looking at the course pix, and maybe it's a little harder to throw into through them than the signs would make you think. Doesn't look to be a public roadway. Looks like it's just a dirt road that winds it's way through the property, probably seldom used.

IF it's private property, they should have some control over who's doing what on the property. And if it's a brewery, seems strange it's not listed as a private course. :\

Way more questions than answers...
Hence the call for some "reliable local help."

Thought I was reading a post from Casey1988.