• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turbo Putters - What do you think of them?

It's weird and I feel overall less accurate, since you have to release the disc slightly nose down in most cases, and that's going to throw you off especially in the wind. But hey, if they're comfortable with it, then that's that. Personally, I make an effort to drop a turb at least once per tourney, usually left hand.

Of course, that's on <5' putts. But a turb is a turb.

I met a fellow in Boise who kick putts out to 25-30 feet: he leans the disc on the front of his foot, and kicks it towards the basket.
I told him that he better learn to putt with his hands if he wanted to play league or doubles, because no one would take him seriously putting like that, if it wasn't illegal to start with.

Oh, right, turbo putters. Ummm, I use it if trapped by vegetation, but its not my main putting form. And anyone who ONLY turbo putts is limiting themselves.

Here in KC i was warming up for a tournament and saw a guy just BANGING 40 foot turbo putts. I go up and talk to him and he's throwing old school DX Bulldogs and just proceeds to bang 90% of his putts from all locations. Its a really cool looking way to putt, but wake_rider said, anything farther out than that a turbo usually doesn't have enough to get to the basket.

I saw this same guy. Let me guess the dd one rounder at water works? That guy was the best turboputter I have seen. He would not come off one those bulldogs lol but did show me the mechanics of how to perform the shot

Can almost promise this was Mark Martin. Early 50's, scrawny, never shut up??
If you talked to him there is a great chance he tried to sell you a disc out of his car...
Pulls a cart also

hahaha! It was this guy lol. Thats hilarious. He tried to sell me discs but not one single bulldog out of his stack of what seemed like 50 (really around 10) bulldogs

hahaha! It was this guy lol. Thats hilarious. He tried to sell me discs but not one single bulldog out of his stack of what seemed like 50 (really around 10) bulldogs

He's quite the.....character? Fairly solid golfer, just annoying sometimes. But yeah, never seen a better turbo putter. Id put my money on MM against anyone else turbo putting, its pretty cool to watch, stack of bulldogs from 30-40 feet and hes usually at least 8/10

Latest posts