• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two calls. One disc.

Nice, I wish more people were like that where i play. My usual course is inundated with DB rec players who will just sharpie over people's names and numbers on discs they find.

I've actually been doing work to shove "karma" (used losely) in the right direction. I've been playing with the casual scrubs from my school who are really bad and don't call for discs, and I've been really pushing the "call if theres a number" policy.

I'm making plans to return a disc to my second local pro, and one of the more prominent/famous ones, who I'm sure I'll learn a ton from, and it would just be cool to meet. so moral of the story, you never know who's on the other end of the line.

Hey that's awesome chief! I've forgotten 2 different champ valks in fairways at Parma and never heard of them again. I've returned over 10 in the last year that I've played and it paid off big time, that same stream ate my go to putter back in Feb after the first big thaw (was more of a raging creek at the time). Someone saw it the next day and got it back to right away. It's good to know there are some good people in the area that don't just keep discs or trash the course :thmbup:

thats sweet cheif, I figure the amount of discs you will get returned to you is dependent on the number of times you've kept someone elses and shouldn't have, so give em back and get yours back!

I figure the amount of lost discs you get back is dependent on how many you lose...

pretty cool story really, id say its quite the longshot to have received that second call. ive never had a disc returned but i do return them if possible. i returned one yesterday as a matter of fact(even though it had a UofM dye on it). i returned one back in january and hit an ace on the same day. ive called on 5 so far this year and was able to get 4 of em back to people.

Not to be a douche or anything, but um, Karma in relation to cause and effect is based on Buddhist teachings, not Hinduism...just sayin'...

It's actually in both Hinduism and Buddhism.

It's in most Indian religions

I found a roc on a hole and called the number immedately. A guy answered and I told him that I had found his disc and if he was still there we could meet in the soccer field or if he was around town we could meet up after i finished the round. It turned out to be the local disc shop owners. When I brought the disc in you know what he did? He let me take a new roc home. Archetype is right, you never know who is going to be on the other side of the phone. But to find a pros ...now that would be sweet. Id tell 'em that he'd have to play a round with me to get it back lol! ?<-Thats a joke, but I would ask.
Chief that is really cool. Ive been playing for three years now and lost a ton of discs and I've had one call. Which was to my parents phone # and they didnt leave a number, and my mom didn't understand what was going on. So good bye which ever one that was.
The only disc that I have got'en back was my boss. My buddy found it and after about two months of waiting for him to believe that it was mine he finaly gave it back. -"Man I lost my magenta boss that has some white marks on it." "Oh man that sucks I found a magenta boss that has some white marks on it today" ....... I guess its my fault for not writing my name and number on it :/

The only disc that I have got'en back was my boss. My buddy found it and after about two months of waiting for him to believe that it was mine he finaly gave it back. -"Man I lost my magenta boss that has some white marks on it." "Oh man that sucks I found a magenta boss that has some white marks on it today" ....... I guess its my fault for not writing my name and number on it :/

Your friend sounds kinda douchey... :|

Your right, karma does exist because someone called your phone number that you wrote on your disc.

Oh wait.

I write my number on all of my discs, I have lost two and returned three. Nobody has ever called me.

I just proved it doesn't exist, the same way you proved it does

You like fights don't you.

heh at you saying that. It just happened 2 things I don't agree with/am sick of (people not returning discs, people calling it karma when discs are returned to them) came up in threads recently.

I regret my thread jack in this thread, and will refrain from posting in it if it is unrelated to the OP.

P.S katana, your karma should be the worst out of all of us, but you seem to be fine:p

heh at you saying that. It just happened 2 things I don't agree with/am sick of (people not returning discs, people calling it karma when discs are returned to them) came up in threads recently.

I regret my thread jack in this thread, and will refrain from posting in it if it is unrelated to the OP.

P.S katana, your karma should be the worst out of all of us, but you seem to be fine:p

Both of you guys have the propensity to be troublemakers. Katana more so.

It's good to know there are some good people in the area that don't just keep discs or trash the course :thmbup:

Ran into a group doing both yesterday. Over two rounds, my buddy and I picked up four bags of trash. Somebody was drinking Sam Adams Noble Pils like it was their job.

Well, I left a disc on 14, and was walking back to try and find it when I ran into a foursome.

Me- "Hey, did you guys find a blue Wolf on 14?"

Them- "Uhh yeah, it's in his bag. That was pretty funny what you wrote on the back of it."

Me- "Oh you mean the part about how the disc is worthless, but that I've had it forever and to please call this number if you find it, 'cause I would call you?"

Him- "Uhh yeah."

Me- "Thanks for the call, and I notice you're drinking Noble Pils. I've been picking up your bottles and carrying them around all day. Thanks for my disc, but you're a bunch of asses."

I mean, we would pick up a Noble bottle on the first tee, and there would be another one there the second round.

Jagoffs!

Both of you guys have the propensity to be troublemakers. Katana more so.

wooo, I've got a reputation

I will try to be less of a total jerk

no promises

EDIT: I just realized I posted in here again!

Last edited:

Latest posts