• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ultimate Wishlist

If you go to Charlotte NC and play Renny and don't stop and play Hornet's Nest you have missed a lot.

I would agree but all of the main courses in Charlotte are great (Renny, Kilborne, Sugaw, and Hornets nest)

Also in NC, I would take off elon park dgc because it's not 18 holes yet and it's a beginner course still. I would add Johnson street dgc in High Point, it is definitely a top level course and can accommodate your skill level because it has 3 sets of tees (white, blue, gold). In VA you can definitely take peaks view off of your list for two reasons a. it is a very short course with the average hole being somewhere around 200, it is not unheard of for people to shoot 18 under there, and b. it might be torn down over this summer. If your in burlington to play wellspring you might as well play cedarock which is in the same park. All in all it's a nice list good luck in getting to play them all.

Add:
GA - East Roswell, Lake Olmstead, Lake Russell
IL - Eagle Ridge, Anna Page West
MD - Patapsco
MA - Pyramids
NC - Hornet's Nest, Castle Hayne
SC - Winthrop, Earlwood
WI - Lime Kiln

Remove from your list (since you will be non-impressed if you make the trip):
IL - Central Park, Kellar, Shorewood, Woodlands
NC - Black Mountain
TN - Borden
WI - Valley View

Wow, in Jersey you have to play...Field of Dreams and South Vinelnad..please skip Landis Park. In PA your missing Whispering Falls, Prompton, Seven Springs, Pinchot Quakers Challenge, to name a few...skip Wehr's, ,,,,you have a lot of odd choices....what is your criteria?

For Illinois:
I would drop Central Park (Grayslake), .

The reason I have this course is because I used to live in Grayslake a couple years, aswell as deerfield, back then I didnt throw disc but I have been to a few of parks on my illinois wishlist, so I feel obligated to play them one of these days.

Last edited:
Pymatuning in PA and if your looking for fun try Cape Henlopen in delaware....it's a unique course that plays on sand dunes!

KY Course Wishlist Suggestions:
Remove Panther Creek-not worthy (needs a lot of work!)
Add Charlie Vettiner
Add Madisonville, fun little course.

If you are actually going to play these, Muldraugh is currently without 18 baskets, 6 were stolen a while back and they have not all been replaced. Keep an eye out for course updates.

I second Jefferson Barracks (St.Louis), played it, really liked it, and I hear nothing but great things about Sioux Passage.

KY Course Wishlist Suggestions:
Remove Panther Creek-not worthy (needs a lot of work!)
Add Charlie Vettiner
Add Madisonville, fun little course.

If you are actually going to play these, Muldraugh is currently without 18 baskets, 6 were stolen a while back and they have not all been replaced. Keep an eye out for course updates.

I second Jefferson Barracks (St.Louis), played it, really liked it, and I hear nothing but great things about Sioux Passage.

Some work has been put into Muldraugh lately. Holes 14 and 17 are the only two without pins at the moment.

I would also suggest Charlie Vettiner for Ky.

I can add to those suggesting you remove Bull Run from VA...I like Burke Lake and Pohick (mostly because they are among the oldest courses on the East Coast) but I definately cannot reccommend adding Giles Run strong enough. I have played 4 out the top 5 courses as rated in VA, and I like Giles Run better than all of them. I honestly think that given some seasoning and addition of facilities, Giles could be the best DG course in the state. I've heard great things about Hawk Hollow, so I am not sure yet where it ranks!

I highly second adding East Metro Park in Austin Texas. Also, you should add Dry Creek DGC in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Some hate it, but Wyoming standards it's a pretty sweet course.

Adair Park in Oregon is sick. Better than some of the oregon ones on there. I think it deserves wish list fo sho!

Pymatuning in PA and if your looking for fun try Cape Henlopen in delaware....it's a unique course that plays on sand dunes!

cape henlopen may be the least fun course i have ever played. blind shots, trees growing through baskets, crappy footing everywhere... henlopen is definitely a love it or hate it type of course. you are right that it's unique.

the hot foot open..can you say and fleas and chiggers? in Ny you could add a few(imo)
oxbow-lincoln, ny
tc3-dryden, ny
baker farm-chili, ny
parma-(nnw of rochester)
beaver island-grand island(buffalo)...just a few to think about..not sure how they rate

Latest posts