• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

Well after that horrible realization I trimmed my bag down and started throwing a lot of slower plastic and worked my way up fairly quickly to being able to throw an orc or wraith for distance. I've been sitting at 380-400' of power for like a year and a half now and really have no desire to throw any further than that. NC golf just doesn't require much more distance than that.

yeah, I've been trying to disc down this year. Before winter hits too hard, my bag is going to be what we talked about in this thread:
Wizard, Buzzz, Fuse, Striker, River, Firebird(meathook/headwind only)... valk/katana.

would you say that bag is acceptable for me?

i dont know about all of em, but some cryztal buzzzs are ss. and more understable. but i would be using a comet if i were you.

i dont know about all of em, but some cryztal buzzzs are ss. and more understable. but i would be using a comet if i were you.

Hi there, welcome to the thread labiaskill. Please feel free to read more than the OP before replying to a thread.

Thanks,

Frank D.

edit: oh I also see you have a chuck norris joke as your sig. Don't strain yourself trying to read too much at once.

Brand new Fuse on the way. I wasn't going to buy anymore new discs. Thanks alot everyone!!!:mad:

;)

same here. :wall:

well as long as you lose the katana.

f*** you,

i'm wiff frank. drop the katana if you're "discing down"

f*** you,

dammit how did I miss a Comet party. Want to let go of any ESPs Frank?

you're cool,

no bag with a katana in it counts as discing down.

f*** you,

I'm out!

halfbaked.jpg

Another Meteor plug...... although I recently added a champ cobra to my bag and it is a good compliment as well. Good luck

Another Meteor plug...... although I recently added a champ cobra to my bag and it is a good compliment as well. Good luck

If he wanted something more stable. Understable is what the OP was loo.....

F#$K it.
What can I add that hasn't already been said.

100th Post!

really?

i don't throw them, but i hear people saying you have to throw them slow, so i just assumed they max out at 300' tops.

They take less arm speed and more snap, kind of like throwing a putter. I've tossed them well past 350', they just need height to work on a distance shot like that but all mids do.

really?

i don't throw them, but i hear people saying you have to throw them slow, so i just assumed they max out at 300' tops.

You hear that because they require a smooth flow. A lot of people have trouble throwing smooth and hard at the same time so they think that it's not possible to throw certain discs hard.

Also don't listen to people saying the comet, comet and buzzz are too different.
Thank you for saying that! I bought a comet on one of these suggestions, and I hate the thing. I've tried over and over again to love it, and I can't.

That being said, buy a lighter X Buzzz, and beat it up. I have a 166 X Buzzz that will hold an anny line forever, and it feels just like .... wait for it ... a Buzzz! .. go figure! People do this with Rocs all the time. They have 57 different Rocs in different stages of wear for different throws. I'm learning that it works with Buzzzes too .. (TBH, I'd rather fill my bag with discs that will fly as expected out of the box, but hey, whatever works right?)

really?

If one doesn't feel comfortable throwing higher then 25,30',then it's a lil limited. What really got me stretching my comet was watching Scott papa on clash valerta est.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that maybe he meant that he was going to carry fewer molds, as opposed to the standard definition of 'discing down' where you play with only putters/mids/fairways etc.

just sayin' ....

no, I'm trying to use both fewer molds and slower discs. I just have a hard time letting go of a disc that adds so much instant distance, even if it hurts me in the long run. :eek: