• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

understable midrange: what's in your bag?

I know you said you wanted a premium disc that is understable out of the box, but I just can't endorse a beaten up DX Roc enough. I love the glide and predictability, the roc is the most comfortable and predictable disc in my bag

150 champ leo must be worn in slightly
buzz ss
wolf feels goodman and is S...L...O...W.

I use a 170 ESP meteor and a 172 star wedge together for the shots mentioned. If you want heavier I think a 175+ stingray covers the same shots as the meteor with a touch more fade at the end.

Right now I'm using a Meteor. But I'm thinking I may have to experiment with a Stingray. I had a toss with a DX Stingray almost win me $160 at a tourney this past weekend. I placed 12th and got $10 in funny money. I picked up the Stingray. No one hit an ace so they set up a CTP about 200 feet uphill a little bit. By the time it was my turn to throw the only thing that was gonna win was a throw right in the basket. I didn't feel like walking back to my car to get a disc so I just used the Stingray. I had never thrown one and someone told me they are super understable. I hyper flip it and it flies on a dead straight line about 6 inches over the top of the basket. So close. Gonna have to throw that thing more!