• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

My favorite park has two courses, and I tend to pack different disc for each. One of them requires way fewer discs for me. I could probably set up a shift just for that course. Hmmm

The shift would be a great investment then ;) I have a blacked-out shift v6 that I carry for a few of our local courses. These courses all share the same disc needs...nothing but straight discs and nothing over a speed 10. I've even loaded the thing up with 18 disc's for my Colorado trip this past summer and it still carried amazingly light when compared to other brand bags.

Been using my Shift for a bit since I needed to send my Octothorpe out for repairs (one of the button snaps didn't disengage and pulled out of the shoulder strap)

I remember why I like this bag so much. It's very light even with 18 discs and full 40oz hydroflask, and very comfortable for my smaller frame. The only downsides for me are twofold: 1. the sweet spot for my loadout is 20 discs and 2. I drink and carry a lot more water when I can use a water bladder (which doesn't seem to work well in the shift, takes up a lot of the interior storage) I'll hold on to it until I order a Carlton, and at that point I'll probably sell both Shift and Octothorpe.

Interesting that UPD have invested in advertising on the MVP open live coverage, yet have no product available to sell....

When I go to their website I see some models not sold out. https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags

Maybe it changed recently?

The shift and the pinch both have been the ones that have been there for a while now. I've had my Pinch for about a year, and all though I'm looking at other options, as the Pinch is a bit heavy when completely loaded, I will say it's a really decent bag that has held up to major use over the last year. I play at least twice to four times a week, sometimes more between jobs, and the only real sign of usage is water staining on the bottom and the front zipper pocket.
I'm getting a cart this winter but I do plan on keeping the Pinch because of how well it holds up.

I probably won't get another UPD bag though do to my own self righteousness , but I would recommend the Pinch if your in the market.

I ordered my first UP bag (pinch v2) last Thursday. I received an email with tracking number the following morning but it hasn't moved since. Do they ship a large quantity of bags at once or as they receive orders? I'm probably being impatient...but still curious.

When my wife ordered me a shift for fathers day it didn't show up for 3 weeks. So she contacted UPD and they said they would look right into it, following this we heard nothing for another two weeks, even when we emailed again asking what was up. Finally, we contested the charge and 3 days after a mangled box with a shift thrown in it arrived. Color me unimpressed with this company. Too bad because it is a nice bag minus the atrocious customer service. Hope you have a less annoying time with receiving yours.

When I go to their website I see some models not sold out. https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags

Maybe it changed recently?
Ok, my apologies, there are a couple of models not sold out, but the majority are and stock doesn't seem to be getting replenished or updated.

I know the guy who owns it has been super busy with his Discraft job and they've been smashing it out the park on the marketing front this year, so I understand the pressures, but even he admits to neglecting UPD and that it's not his priority.

Which is why I find it odd to be buying advertising slots on the live coverage with limited range of models available and no signs of updates.

Unless he's looking to have a final push to sell everything then shut up shop??

Ok, my apologies, there are a couple of models not sold out, but the majority are and stock doesn't seem to be getting replenished or updated.

I know the guy who owns it has been super busy with his Discraft job and they've been smashing it out the park on the marketing front this year, so I understand the pressures, but even he admits to neglecting UPD and that it's not his priority.

Which is why I find it odd to be buying advertising slots on the live coverage with limited range of models available and no signs of updates.

Unless he's looking to have a final push to sell everything then shut up shop??

This has happened before when this same guy ran out the models before updating them. I wonder if he is doing the sell off before closing shop or selling off the bags before updating them?

I think that somewhere on here in this thread the owner of Upper Parks said he wanted to merge with Discraft and partner to get his bags with the Discraft name on them. I also take this to mean using the same outsource place as Discraft is using with the modern tournament bags that have the single strap on them.

When my wife ordered me a shift for fathers day it didn't show up for 3 weeks. So she contacted UPD and they said they would look right into it, following this we heard nothing for another two weeks, even when we emailed again asking what was up. Finally, we contested the charge and 3 days after a mangled box with a shift thrown in it arrived. Color me unimpressed with this company. Too bad because it is a nice bag minus the atrocious customer service. Hope you have a less annoying time with receiving yours.

Jon was quick to follow up with me and it ended up being a scanning error on USPS' behalf. Got the bag delivered a couple days later. Love the Pinch when my Grip is too much and it would be cool if they merged with Discraft.

I recently had a chance to try out a couple of backpacks of higher price (a slim and a regular sized one) and realized from the experience how light and great of a value the UPD Pinch is.

Although I cannot attest to any of the recent budget backpacks that have emerged, I can praise just how incredible the UPD Pinch is. I love how versatile and customizable this backpack is. It's somewhat of a combination of the Shift (two outer mesh pockets) and the Rebel (bottom storage), but it's a whole lot cheaper.

The one slight annoyance I have had with it is the lack of an internal frame; the outer pockets "pinch" into the backpack. The discs can get mushed in and sloppy depending on # of discs but it's a minor thing esp. at the price point.

For the longest time, I've tried to figure out an effective way to put in support. PVC pipe was too heavy and bulky. I only recently found a cardboard box that would fit in. Not sure how it'll hold up but for how cheap and easy it was to make, it is fantastic.

For the record, I have the version 1 Pinch. I know v2 has raised up the putter pocket, widened the opening for easier access to the bottom storage, and other things, but I think the pinch effect is still there? Frugal me couldn't get myself to upgrade even at the great holiday price it is at now. However, this simple add-in has me very satisfied.

All in all, after trying out a couple other bags, it has made me appreciate the UPD Pinch even more. It's light, good material, can hold a decent amount of discs along with enough extras, very customizable and the price point is just incredible.

Pics of MOD here

The Innova u-channel also fits in the Pinch if you can find one, they wont sell one separately but you might be able to get one if you're bying other stuff from the Innova store(or similar retailers)

U-Channel_Cradle_Water_Resistant_Nylon_Standard_grande.jpg

Anyone looking for a V4 Rebel? I'm looking to get rid of mine to help pay for another basket on my course.

It's the gray/lime-green colorway. Easy 9/10 as I only used it for 10-12 rounds before going back to the DisCarrier (I just prefer the old school bag w/quads. I'm old and stuck in my ways.)

PM if interested.

Anyone looking for a V4 Rebel? I'm looking to get rid of mine to help pay for another basket on my course.

It's the gray/lime-green colorway. Easy 9/10 as I only used it for 10-12 rounds before going back to the DisCarrier (I just prefer the old school bag w/quads. I'm old and stuck in my ways.)

PM if interested.

I can vouch for the bag -- I've seen it and it's in real good condition as described. Would be a good deal for someone who wants a Rebel . . .

I can vouch for the bag -- I've seen it and it's in real good condition as described. Would be a good deal for someone who wants a Rebel . . .

Thanks Dan!

I threw it up on one of the Facebook bag swap/sale pages and it's pending already.

PM if interested.

The main 2 advantages of a Discarrier with the backpack straps is this: One they do not get as hot on the back in really hot days. Two the bags are sometimes lighter for the amount of discs they can carry.

Sad to read some of these comments. The shift is my all time favorite bag and my current one might not last the year.