• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

Man, I loved the 1st round feature card. The tradition of showcasing 4 former champions on the first day was lame. It was much more enjoyable watching the former face of Innova, the current face of Innova, the young gun of Discmania, and some random Finnish Discmania dude subbing in for the injured face of Discmania. Simplistic people would break tradition to include something obvious and compelling, like the current world champion. That would have been as derp as live streaming something in 2016.

Congrats JM, et al., for bringing wannabe corporate douche baggery to disc golf's premier event.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!

No final round edited coverage.. just like last year.. sigh

I'm with you. If this event strives to provide the best media coverage to get people engaged, the LEAST they could do is deliver edited footage of the event within a reasonable time frame. It's been a day and a half since the 3rd (and now final) round was played, and they can't get out the footage of the back 9?? I'm sorry, but the post game show (though being a nice touch) is not quite enough.

After my rant, I wanna say that I have enjoyed the footage they have been putting out.

Perhaps the hurricane affected the people working on the videos too.

I'm with you. If this event strives to provide the best media coverage to get people engaged, the LEAST they could do is deliver edited footage of the event within a reasonable time frame. It's been a day and a half since the 3rd (and now final) round was played, and they can't get out the footage of the back 9?? I'm sorry, but the post game show (though being a nice touch) is not quite enough.

After my rant, I wanna say that I have enjoyed the footage they have been putting out.

Perhaps the hurricane affected the people working on the videos too.

So how did they get the Front 9 out? It is unbelievable to me that the Front 9 is out already but the Back 9 isn't. Weren't both 9s filmed in sequence on the same day? Did I miss something and the Front 9 was on one day and the Back 9 the next day? Sheesh...

I can think of several reasonable explanations. Some of which have to do with a major weather event in the area. What happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt? The entitlement and complaining about the coverage and this event in general is unbelievable. Enjoy your Sunday hitting the refresh button repeatedly waiting for the back nine coverage.

So how did they get the Front 9 out? It is unbelievable to me that the Front 9 is out already but the Back 9 isn't. Weren't both 9s filmed in sequence on the same day? Did I miss something and the Front 9 was on one day and the Back 9 the next day? Sheesh...

Geez guys.

The Front 9 came out THE NEXT DAY (like all the other vids). Since the Back 9 turns out to be the FINAL 9, they decided to release it TODAY. maybe for some suspense.

sheesh :doh:

I can think of several reasonable explanations. Some of which have to do with a major weather event in the area. What happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt? The entitlement and complaining about the coverage and this event in general is unbelievable. Enjoy your Sunday hitting the refresh button repeatedly waiting for the back nine coverage.

Thank you.

How was Jussi's decision not to live stream the event spiteful? I would have liked a free live stream too, but understand him committing to a plan.

After his poor decisions and spite-filled refusal to allow live streaming, I will NEVER give Jussi the benefit of the doubt. Ever. :mad:

Couldn't agree more. This has been the least enjoyable USDGC to follow as a casual fan. Live scoring was spotty, live video was non-existent, and the hole changes seemed uninspired. I haven't watched a single edited video, and I can't think of a reason to do so now that the event has been shortened.

not sure if it was so much worse than previous years, or that our standards are so much higher thanks to the DGPT.

You could hear Paige criticizing JT for getting angry at her for filming Jeremy's unofficial putt on 18. Like someone said, that was the best coverage of the weekend. That and Paige's video of the awards ceremony.

I'm glad you posted this, I actually just reached out to Paige to see whats up - because I wasn't (and am not) angry at her at all.

Candidly, I probably came in hot. I mistakenly thought that the PDGA/Innova/DGWT were not on the same page, and that it was being run by them (it was a confusing morning). Someone came into the pro shop and announced that the putt would be on the green immediately, and I couldn't see that it wasn't a staffer - so we scrambled to cover it. I only found out that it was Paige, Madison, and crew after going outside. So I asked if they could just wait for us to put rain gear on the cameras.

My best guess is that they didn't know the awards were about to start, and the funny part of it was Jerm wasn't even there, he was inside waiting for the awards ceremony.

Her frustration might have been at Jussi, who went and talked to her? I didn't hear their conversation, but I also haven't watched her live feed so maybe it was at me. If so, it's a total misunderstanding. I like and respect all of that crew (Paige, Madison, Zach, Jerm, etc.) and I think that move to give Jerm the ceremonial last putt (and Sexton handing him the "Leader through 3 rounds" trophy!) was both classy and just lots of fun. I hope more things like that happen in disc golf, it's a true representation of our community.

Hope that clears some of it up. I'm really happy for Jeremy, he is so deserving of the title of US Champ. There's not asterisk to me, he earned it.

Man, I loved the 1st round feature card. The tradition of showcasing 4 former champions on the first day was lame. It was much more enjoyable watching the former face of Innova, the current face of Innova, the young gun of Discmania, and some random Finnish Discmania dude subbing in for the injured face of Discmania. Simplistic people would break tradition to include something obvious and compelling, like the current world champion. That would have been as derp as live streaming something in 2016.

Congrats JM, et al., for bringing wannabe corporate douche baggery to disc golf's premier event.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!

Seppo Paju is Prodigy sponsored

Y'all can't be bringing facts into this conspiracy discussion. DUH...