• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC on Discgolfplanet.tv

Anthon is tearing it up. Will and Ricky seem to be holding solid.... Nikko, he can finish strong... but has had some tough breaks going OB on some great looking shots.

I still don't understand how an abomination of course design that is hole#13 is used in a PDGA Major event every year. The clown's mouth (of years past) arguably has more place in our sport than this hole. Maybe now that it's finally being broadcast, people can see what a joke of a hole 888' is, throwing several times over a road & parking lot.

I actually didn't feel bad the one year that the police were conducting exercises there and caused all sorts of problems for the tournament. Served 'em right.

Will is on FIRE this round, -13 out of 14 holes. 2 bogeys, 2 eagles, 1 par, 9 birdies.

whoops, no bogeys, just a few pars 2 eagles and bunch of birdies

Disappointing that no one called Anthon on his foot fault on 18. The most disappointing part is that it probably was uncalled because the players don't know the rule for that situation.

Looks like its a 3 horse race tomorrow. I doubt McBeast can make up 7 strokes but who knows
Not so fast. Brinster and Meresmaa shot 53s to pull themselves within four shots of the lead. At least a five-horse race.

Disappointing that no one called Anthon on his foot fault on 18. The most disappointing part is that it probably was uncalled because the players don't know the rule for that situation.

803.12.D - When marking the lie, if the line of play does not pass the correct side of the mandatory, then the mandatory itself shall be considered the hole for the application of all rules regarding stance, markers, obstacles, and relief. For the purposes of taking a legal stance, the mandatory object which has not yet been passed, and is nearest the tee, will be considered to be the hole.

I noticed that too. He took an illegal stance there from what I could tell (I believe that the trunk of the tree is the mando that needs to the passed on the left).

For those who did not see, he came up a couple feet short of missing the mando to the right of the tree about 5-10' from the tree (if I remember correctly). All he had available was a short pitch to the fairway. When looking up the fairway, his stance was at about the 6 o'clock position when it should have been about at the 3 o'clock position.

He gained very little if any advantage at all from not following the rules, but in the most prestigious event we have.......

Oh no...here we go again with the rules police. Did it really help or hinder his ability to throw a simple pitch around the tree? Was any advantage gained?

I just don't get why anyone cares on nitpicky specifics if there is no real advantage gained by the player. No one called it because it's irrelevant IMO.

Rant over.

Tim S.

Oh no...here we go again with the rules police. Did it really help or hinder his ability to throw a simple pitch around the tree? Was any advantage gained?

I just don't get why anyone cares on nitpicky specifics if there is no real advantage gained by the player. No one called it because it's irrelevant IMO.

Rant over.

Tim S.

Next time he can take a stance three feet away from his lie. He's not really gaining an advantage. What's three feet on a 600 foot hole, anyway? Who cares?

It's the biggest, most prestigious disc golf tournament in the world. If we're not going to adhere to the rules at that event, why bother playing by the rules at all?

Yep, rules are rules. Even if you gain no advantage, show some common courtesy and follow them. We had to correct a guy on his stance on hole 4 because he was also lined up to the pin instead of the mando. We mentioned it before he threw, though. Not a big deal, he still made his shot.

Schusterick shot a-15 to move into a tie for first with Anthon. Brinster and Jussi also posted -15 rounds. Three best rounds of the tournament so far.

Awesome broadcast today. Although I overplayed the sound with Santana and Tiesto today. Good fun and great golf.