• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC/WNC Live Streaming Packages

Will you be buying a live stream package for this event?

• Total voters
Personally, I am not that into live coverage. What I wish there would be is an option to purchase simply the next-day post-produced rounds. I would gladly see the value in paying for a couple 30-minute videos of the lead card or chase card. Maybe $5-$10 per round.

And the USDGC champion has never been less important. There was a time when saying you were the reigning USDGC champion held water, but that hasn't been the case for years.

I couldn't disagree more wholeheartedly. With MPO Worlds cancelled for 2020, USDGC is unquestionably THE most important title this year, by a wide margin.

Hmmmm....I thought, in previous discussions, you were a proponent of live and post video coverage, because that was how the sport would grow. I could be wrong.

You are acting like it can't be both. Post production can grow the sport to new people more than live. But there is NO REASON why it has to be next day coverage. Newer viewers can still find the sport with older videos. Live coverage and Next Day coverage are a luxury of our highly invested fans.

On a related note - it seems like this exact same conversation and thread pop up any time people have to pay to watch coverage. Everyone wants more and better coverage, but ain't nobody wanna pay for it. I've come to the conclusion that 90% of disc golfers are just cheap and will complain about anything related to costs unless it's discs or equipment. Yes, Billy, I see you in the back with your delta cart and 3 2015 sexton firebirds, talking **** about how much this coverage will cost.

lmao you think any of this is actually free? or you just think it's free because it's on youtube? how quaint. There are a ton of costs involved that we as viewers don't see.
I'm saying it's no extra cost to me to watch it on YouTube. I know there cost us viewers don't see. But why do I have to pay for it now? I can just wait and watch it at my leisure.

Didn't 2 of the last 3 USDGCs get shortened by storms? Is there anything about partial refunds or anything if it's only two days...or even one.

I don't pay for live coverage because I can't watch it while I'm at work. If I was available to watch live, I would have no problem paying the $20 to watch.

In past years, the cost for a ticket to go to the USDGC in person is $10. Even though nobody is actually checking your ticket, I saw that $10 as a very minor investment/support for the great tournament I got to watch. I usually dropped +$50 at the pro shop anyways...

I bet Innova barely breaks even with PPV. I can only image what the costs are to film a tournament live. They get their money other ways - advertisements and disc sales.

I'm saying it's no extra cost to me to watch it on YouTube. I know there cost us viewers don't see. But why do I have to pay for it now? I can just wait and watch it at my leisure.

I guess the people who have other real jobs and spend a lot of time and energy on the live production should just suck it up and do this as a hobby so we can all have free coverage. Oh, you mean post production, where they can't get by on youtube ad revenue because it's such a small payout? The people that have had to 'crowd fund' their careers of providing your (not so) free content aren't doing enough to legitimately offer a service at a cost?

Unbelievably entitled and selfish.:doh:

I guess the people who have other real jobs and spend a lot of time and energy on the live production should just suck it up and do this as a hobby so we can all have free coverage. Oh, you mean post production, where they can't get by on youtube ad revenue because it's such a small payout? The people that have had to 'crowd fund' their careers of providing your (not so) free content aren't doing enough to legitimately offer a service at a cost?

Unbelievably entitled and selfish.:doh:

So I have to pay 20 bucks for live coverage that I hadn't paid for or ever will? I never have watched live dg and don't plan on starting to now. It maybe be selfish but my time is limited to a few things and watching live dg isn't ever going to be one of those.

So I have to pay 20 bucks for live coverage that I hadn't paid for or ever will? I never have watched live dg and don't plan on starting to now. It maybe be selfish but my time is limited to a few things and watching live dg isn't ever going to be one of those.

Or look at it like you are paying $30 for 10 hours of post production content between the Men's and Women's rounds. If that is how you want to view it.

No one begrudges if you don't want to pay for it or watch it. I just find it funny when people declare how much it SHOULD be. Everyone has a limit as to what they will pay. But you don't really have the right to demand a certain price. Pay... or don't. Pretty simple. What you value something at and what it costs to actually produce are sometimes wildly different.

Discs cost less than a dollar in plastic. Throw in labor and others and you have a few bucks. HOW DARE THEY charge $20.

Saying that the market will dictate the price on something when the product is controlled by a minority or even a monopoly is not a strong argument. "Consumers" have every right to voice displeasure and even demand corrected pricing... but this is America, where anyone voicing displeasure is a whiny entitled plebeian who need to get in line.

This reminds me of the the transition YouTube made between no ads, then ads at the start, then ads at the beginning, middle, and end. Then 7 of them. People just let it happen, they kept watching the platform, and then kept paying for premium. I don't like every aspect of my sport being monetized, and we're starting to see the real direction that it's growth is taking.

Growing the sport is not about more fun, it's about more revenue.

But you don't really have the right to demand a certain price. Pay... or don't.

Isn't not paying effectively saying the price is too high?

Of course, the individual may not watch even if free; hence being told the price is too high should be regarded as valuable feedback on setting the price at the optimal balance of per-viewer profit and number of viewers.

Isn't not paying effectively saying the price is too high?

Of course, the individual may not watch even if free; hence being told the price is too high should be regarded as valuable feedback on setting the price at the optimal balance of per-viewer profit and number of viewers.

There is no way to know if people complaining about the price being too high is just a few vocal people or a majority. The only way to truly know is to let it play out. Maybe they will only get 1000 subs and then they know. We will all see how this plays out.

Obvious cash grab is obvious.

I'm not interested in paying the price they are asking...but why is it an obvious cash grab?

Providing video coverage of a sporting event over 4 days is not cheap at all. The quality of video and overall production is pretty good IMO.

There is no way to know if people complaining about the price being too high is just a few vocal people or a majority. The only way to truly know is to let it play out. Maybe they will only get 1000 subs and then they know. We will all see how this plays out.

There is a poll at the top of this page.

You have been active on this site for years, and probably have a feel for how well DGCR members represent the DG population as a whole.

Do you think your educated guess of USDGC subs would be more or less accurate based on the poll results?