• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC/WNC Live Streaming Packages

Will you be buying a live stream package for this event?

• Total voters
I'm just LOL'ing over here at the righteous indignation toward grow the sport as a cash grab. There are lots of ways to grow the sport but the biggest slice of the "grow the sport" pie, by a mile, amounts to disc manufacturers moving more plastic, and that's always been the case. DD tries to really sell it as a lifestyle, which it might be, but one that requires purchasing the plastic. (or not, throw that one disc round with the same disc forever, my good dudes).

Is there a line between "profit" and "cash grab"? We can argue about the economic soundness of Innova's price tag for the event, but, as others have said, it's their event. Is there a level of "cash grab" that's going to make people not buy Innova discs?

On a somewhat related note, I've never paid for the NBC Sports Gold soccer access for EPL games bc I knew at some point I'd have to purchase another level to keep access to all games and then another level and.... And that's the case this year with games on Peacock or Peacock Plus whatever it is called. Now I don't watch soccer at all, but I doubt they miss me. Will be interesting to see what happens as costs for access to disc golf media increase. It is a cash grab? If it's not, they're all doing it wrong!

Yep... There is a "surfing" channel i used to watch. it wasn't bad until his views plateaued and then they slowly started getting more ads, after awhile there were literally 8 ad stoppages in a 10-12 min vid. I couldn't take it and pretty much stopped watching his channel altogether.

Yep... There is a "surfing" channel i used to watch. it wasn't bad until his views plateaued and then they slowly started getting more ads, after awhile there were literally 8 ad stoppages in a 10-12 min vid. I couldn't take it and pretty much stopped watching his channel altogether.
I'm starting to get that feeling with a few disc golf channels. Constant interruptions for youtube ads and then also put ads in their videos. I'm seriously considering a YouTube subscription just for add free videos.

I'm starting to get that feeling with a few disc golf channels. Constant interruptions for youtube ads and then also put ads in their videos. I'm seriously considering a YouTube subscription just for add free videos.

Yeah one video a few weeks back from one of the smaller guys had probably 8 ads in a 9 hole video. I said screw this BS. I would have watched all 6 videos from that tourney but instead watched one. Not only that they are losing subscribers. So it's a double negative.

I already miss my youtube premium trial :(

I won't be purchasing the coverage. I am in the, I can afford it, but that is not worth it bracket. Between work/life, I won't be able to watch the live coverage while it is live and I don't want to watch a vod if I already know the results. I would pay something to just have access to the condensed coverage, but that isn't an option.

Hmmmmm.....cheap and discerning/value conscious are vastly different things. I can easily afford 30 bucks, but it is a poor value. The product is not worth 30 dollars.

That's just your opinion though.

Lots of people can afford to eat at nice restaurants, yet they still eat at crappy Applebee's since they think it's a better value.

"Why would I pay $30 for a Prime Filet at Joe's Supper Club when I can go to Chili's and get a microwaved steak for $15?"

I have SmashBoxxTV numbers, I have seen Terry's YouTube numbers. Way closer to $7. Trust me.

I can see that. I would imagine DG tourney vids rank high on the scale because of the view times. You've got vids that are mostly being watched by people looking for that specific content watching 20-40min vids with a high percentage of those watching most of it if not the whole thing.

Most "professional" youtubers are trying to churn out as much content as possible. Making three or four vids out of one day of fishing/hunting/toy reviewing...( kid made over 20mil reviewing toys!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:LOL) So a lot of that type of content is under 20min(and maybe more like 11 or 12) and with the highly watched vids that get recommended because they're trending, there are lots of people clicking on them randomly and not watching much of it.

Last edited:
That's just your opinion though.

Lots of people can afford to eat at nice restaurants, yet they still eat at crappy Applebee's since they think it's a better value.

"Why would I pay $30 for a Prime Filet at Joe's Supper Club when I can go to Chili's and get a microwaved steak for $15?"

Yeah but I also get an appetizer and a drink all included for $10...now I can drink $20 worth of $5 margaritas. I got full and wasted.

LMAO......got to be out of your mind. Go play disc golf

I agree and like the others on here, who would only spend $5, I would only spend $10 max for a one time event. Now if they had some option for lifetime that was not more then $50-$60....maybe even if they had to give us all a new code each year to access that after we put in our special lifetime code. I hope this is just a one time deal due to Corona Virus.

I won't be purchasing the coverage. I am in the, I can afford it, but that is not worth it bracket. Between work/life, I won't be able to watch the live coverage while it is live and I don't want to watch a vod if I already know the results. I would pay something to just have access to the condensed coverage, but that isn't an option.

I do not like having to watch full on coverage, even after the fact if I can, the rounds take too long then I have to sit and wait for buffering if I go too far on a already shown version, no thanks.