• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Note: I hope we are not making - or even thinking about making - a basket, if so, I suspect Maple Hill should not have put in 40+ new Mach Xs. :doh:

Just in case you were wondering I drank the Kool-Aide a long time ago. The 40 new Mach-X's are clearly just an attempt to throw us off the trail. Then again I loved the Mach-X's at the Memorial and wish they would have been on both courses. I would have dropped at least 6 strokes if not more.

Soft V.P.

Any other soft VP fans out there?

I have a pink one that I love and I recently bought 2 blue ones so that I have enough to practice with. The softs have way more glide than my medium VP but are still overstable. My medium VP is too overstable for my putting and it always rolls away.

My problem is that the pink one is much firmer than the blue. The blues don't come out of my hand as clean as the pink one. I am considering making the soft VP my main putter but after realizing how much more I like the pink one than the blue ones I am super worried about loosing that one.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Are there any specific runs or specific colors that are firmer in the soft versions?

Be wary of posts on April 1st.

It seems like a well-timed announcement, but when I read it this morning I read it with some skepticism. One thing that I also realized this morning when I was using my Ibex to cover both Leopard and Buzzz lines earlier today at my local course is how Vibram has already contributed to disc golf. I'd be happy if they never made another disc. I've already got the best discs around!

Any other soft VP fans out there?

I have a pink one that I love and I recently bought 2 blue ones so that I have enough to practice with. The softs have way more glide than my medium VP but are still overstable. My medium VP is too overstable for my putting and it always rolls away.

My problem is that the pink one is much firmer than the blue. The blues don't come out of my hand as clean as the pink one. I am considering making the soft VP my main putter but after realizing how much more I like the pink one than the blue ones I am super worried about loosing that one.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Are there any specific runs or specific colors that are firmer in the soft versions?

Hmm, the only soft I have is a pink VP from the run before last (2012). If there's something floppier than it, I couldn't really handle it. It's typical crazy Vibram floppy soft. Can't otherwise comment on consistency with the softs, but given my pink, it's probably not the color.

I putted with my soft for a short time, but then developed a putting style with more snap that made it impossible to release a soft cleanly. I had enjoyed the feel, and definitely noticed the extra glide. I still use it for hillside approaches when I need a hit and stick. Doesn't come out often, but when I need it I'm glad I have it.

Note: I hope we are not making - or even thinking about making - a basket, if so, I suspect Maple Hill should not have put in 40+ new Mach Xs. :doh:

Which, may I say, were very nice to play today.

And I forgot to tell/show you that my bag is now all Vibram :doh: talk soon...

gotta ask, why is it called four20?

Maybe it will be released to the public on April, 20th?

I believe the project was originally called project #420B. People have talking about the 420 all over the internet since the prototypes were mailed to testers last year. I'm sure they called it that, because the fine people at Vibram thought it had a ring to it. :)

I've had a suspicion that the next release was going to be this disc! Glad Vibram proved me right. I cannot wait to get my hands on some true beef for those long headwind shots.

dislike the name really looking forward to throwing the disc though. I am hosting a Birdie Bash at the begining of next month and would love to have one before then.

four20 2.4 rim i was hoping for smaller. also while looking up the specs on the pdga site it said there is a trek and trak? never heared of a trek?

four20 2.4 rim i was hoping for smaller. also while looking up the specs on the pdga site it said there is a trek and trak? never heared of a trek?

The Trek was a retooled Ascent that was supposed to be what the Trak became. The Trek feels nicer than the Ascent on the hand but was just not different enough.

Count me in! :)

I have been jones-ing for an OH hand disc for quite some time now. Now I have one. Life is good. :)

Are we sure that this thing is going to work for OH shots? I had hoped the O-Lace would get some play with OH shots and it failed in epic ways. Are there any testers out there that have tried OH shots with the 420b mold? Are we even correct to assume that this is the 420b mold? All of that to say, I am really looking forward to trying this disc out and seeing if it can replace some things in my bag.