• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Played 27 with the new discs.

Couldn't gel with the unlace
Obex is everything I want in a mid
Summit putts and approaches are orgasmic
Vp drives are like a shorter fresh dx roc
Lace just bombs but needs a bit of room even for my 330' arm
Ridge is kinda meh with summit and vp both bagged
Trak is great
Ascent isn't as stable as i hoped

Loved the round today. Gonna have tons of fun next round again with all vibram. I really miss a true under stable fairway though

unlace is a bit surreal. very, very fast like the Lace. Very, very understable.

Shots with unlace:

Turn-over drives -- turns over if thrown gently and flies a nice straight-line, may turn to the right some and then finish by fading back to the left
Hyzer-flips -- will hyzer-flip up to flat and then gently fade back. good in tailwinds
Forehand/backhand rollers -- rolls a long ways, great if you learn to adjust your angles with the unlace to the different wind conditions

The problem I see people having with the unlace is that they assume that it's a disc that already fits their throwing style. (a lot of people expect a disc to suit them, or its trash). What I have found is that it's better the adapt your throwing style to the disc that you are using. In the case of the unlace, it's a disc that's suited for quite a bit of hyzer-angle... probably more than what most people are used to using with their other discs.

the unlace is best at 75% power. i use a power grip but then throw like i am throw a mid about 200'. the un will stand up and glide. i am a 350' power guy so not a big arm at all.

side note i play a round today with a 173m ascent a 174f ibex and a 170f summit. felt very natural.

Played 27 with the new discs.

Couldn't gel with the unlace
Obex is everything I want in a mid
Summit putts and approaches are orgasmic
Vp drives are like a shorter fresh dx roc
Lace just bombs but needs a bit of room even for my 330' arm
Ridge is kinda meh with summit and vp both bagged
Trak is great
Ascent isn't as stable as i hoped

Loved the round today. Gonna have tons of fun next round again with all vibram. I really miss a true under stable fairway though

Once that Trak beats in, you'll have your US fairway driver. My two favorite discs are a beat in Trak and Summit.:thmbup:

Only problem is breaking it in haha. We got lots of woods here and I even threw most of them down a concrete road to remove flashing. They seem pretty resilient against Beatin in but I imagine dozens of tree hits on the drivers making a bit easier even if it doesn't show

Only problem is breaking it in haha. We got lots of woods here and I even threw most of them down a concrete road to remove flashing. They seem pretty resilient against Beatin in but I imagine dozens of tree hits on the drivers making a bit easier even if it doesn't show

I've got a Trak that's beat-in pretty good. Cement buildings/tar roads does the trick!

softs

Really helping me to improve my form. Ascent soft is what I have along with a Ridge and a Sole

The Ascent soft has meant that I improve my form with overstables. A lot of times I throw forehands or use a lot of anhyzer. With the soft, I am forced to use good form. It'll lower my score and improve my form, if I use it for this.

Same goes for putting. A soft will improve your ability to flick with your wrist. That's huge for putting!

Can I get a noodle arm review of the Lace? I have an unLace which is my farthest disc (315-335ish), but often times I don't have the room for it to do its S curve and it gets into trouble.

Can I get a noodle arm review of the Lace? I have an unLace which is my farthest disc (315-335ish), but often times I don't have the room for it to do its S curve and it gets into trouble.

If you're using good form, then it'll consistently finish to the left, whereas your unlace will be finishing to the right about the same distance (maybe a little less).

With high-speed drivers, make sure your using proper form and technique, such as:

1) Run-up
2) Cross-step or X-step
3) Heel pivot

Otherwise, high-speed distance drivers can be problematic and inconsistent... also, be aware of your grip (power grip for best results), and what angle you're using most often (nose-down and flat is best).

Last I read/heard was July.

I do think, though, that the testers will be getting a new model (or models) soon. It was right around this time last year that testers received what eventually became the O-Lace and unLace.

Last edited:
Speaking of the OLace, I'd like to chime in about how well my pair of OLaces did at the Japan Open.........if Vibram employees knew how to use a scale. Neither of my 159s weighed in below 160 at the tournament, so I had to dump them for G-Star Bosses. Looks like I'm back in the evil clutches of Innova's galactic empire yet again.

Bummer about the O-lace 150 class :/ I played a VBB at Oak Grove with a 159 XLF loved everything except that after one round of 22 holes it looked like it had been in my bag for a good few months lol. I ignited a lazer forehand towards a tightly wooded goal (good ace run) and hit a tree 10' behind a basket and it jumped back in front of it another 15' after impact. It had a huge 1.5" dent on the top flight plate. Left it on a hot bench between rounds and worked it back to about perfect. Unfortunately I lost it the next day at Mountain Pride (first lost discs in months), have a 158 XLM on the way now. Firm was did not fair well with such a light disc.

Looking to add to my vibram bag. Anything I should worry about adding a firm version of my lace, obex, and summit?

Nothing to worry about but just be aware that firm x-link beats in a little faster than medium. But firm x-link tends to feel better in the heat of summer than medium (although I prefer the feel of medium overall), so it's a good time to pick up some firms.

Where do you guys shop (online) to get the right colors etc? I usually do Marshall st. But they don't have the color lace I want :\

Where do you guys shop (online) to get the right colors etc? I usually do Marshall st. But they don't have the color lace I want :\

Try Justin over at Community Discs.
Great selection and prices and excellent customer service.