• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I actually just purchased a valley prototype at a tourney today on long Island. It was auctioned by a gentlemen there from NEFA. I was wondering if this is sought after. I bought it mainly to raise the money for the cause,so I was wondering if it would be better to maybe sell it to someone that would like to throw it. For me it would just sit in a draw.

If it is the original proto valley they are pretty collectible. if brand new could be 50$ maybe more depending on the people wanting one. i gave one away for free to someone on the vibram collectors site as a pay it forward.

Visited my hometown this weekend. One of the old fogeys (started throwing when I did) who has major issues with knees and hips was talking about wanting to try an unLace. I had mine in the bag, so let him use it for the round. Sold it to him afterward because he fell in love with it.

Another fogey, not-so-old, throws Vibram regularly and was interested in the Valley. I threw mine once during the round, and it flew beautifully, holding a line perfectly on a long downhill...until it slammed into the middle of a utility pole (was dead on line for the pin). Didn't get a scratch. I explained it flies like a TL for me, so I really didn't need it in my bag and he traded me for it. When I left the park, he had already thrown it a couple of times and liked how it flew. I'll hear more about it next time I make it up there. (The last disc I traded him--a TL3--he aced with the following week. We'll see how this one works out.)

I'm certainly interested in the Onyx, should that come to fruition. I've still not locked in an understable fairway driver in my mix--that's what I was hoping the Valley would do.

Visited my hometown this weekend. One of the old fogeys (started throwing when I did) who has major issues with knees and hips was talking about wanting to try an unLace. I had mine in the bag, so let him use it for the round. Sold it to him afterward because he fell in love with it.

Another fogey, not-so-old, throws Vibram regularly and was interested in the Valley. I threw mine once during the round, and it flew beautifully, holding a line perfectly on a long downhill...until it slammed into the middle of a utility pole (was dead on line for the pin). Didn't get a scratch. I explained it flies like a TL for me, so I really didn't need it in my bag and he traded me for it. When I left the park, he had already thrown it a couple of times and liked how it flew. I'll hear more about it next time I make it up there. (The last disc I traded him--a TL3--he aced with the following week. We'll see how this one works out.)

I'm certainly interested in the Onyx, should that come to fruition. I've still not locked in an understable fairway driver in my mix--that's what I was hoping the Valley would do.

I think you want the soon to be released as a test disc "Vamp" That's going to be the very understable fairway of the future.

The Onyx will be more like the Diamond, only available in light weights.

Last edited:
All these new disc rumors... more than likely to be released over the winter, because disc sales probably slow down. Otherwise, Notch and Arch should be out soon. Notch in September, Arch in November... who knows?

With Softober and Glovember coming, may be December. Which would be nice if Vbram runs the same special they have over the last couple of years where if you buy X amount in December, you get a premium item.

Nice vamp. (can't believe that's even being tossed around as a name)

Got these today as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150820_131153.jpg
    20150820_131153.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 167
Yep, first run gets bank, but, I mean, what were they thinking ? :doh:
"Hey, lets mold a big X on it"
"Okay, make it nice and tight, with crisp, clean lines ?"
"No, make the lines sloppy and crooked, like a little kid drew it"
"Uhhhh, okay, your the boss"

The Players Cup, and Vibram Open Ascents, with the palm tree, and maple leaf, respectively, are much nicer looking.
The Bumbleboot Trak, which came after, will be rarer, and more collectible, due to the fact its the only Vibram disc ever to be made in yellow.

No, not the only to ever be made with yellow.

Bumbleboot isn't clean either. They are all completely different with some having complete black circle, some with a broken black circle and some with no circle. Even the USA flags aren't clean. It's they way they are molded. Perfect lines are impossible to get.

With Softober and Glovember coming, may be December. Which would be nice if Vbram runs the same special they have over the last couple of years where if you buy X amount in December, you get a premium item.

Arch should be nice to have. Supposed to beat-in to glide-y.

Liking the Valley, thinking it's a speed 8 due to the fact that it doesn't power down as well as the Trak. I like the Trak as a long mid-range. I have a soft Trak for wooded fairways, which there is a lot of in this area.

I just can't get into the Valley. I had a 174M and still have a 155M. I've sold the 174 as I just don't have a need for it. Just was way too stable for me. I've been working with the 155 but it just hasn't clicked yet.

I got my Vamp Friday and threw it a few times over the weekend. I like it a lot but wouldn't consider it to be under-stable. It is similar to a QJLS but with slightly less fade. A faster Star Leopard would be a good comparison. I need to pick up a production Valley to see where it fits into the picture.

A threw the Vamp a few more times the last couple days and it has broken into an understable flight. Now it is flying more like a fresh DX Leopard (but faster). If it stays this way, it will fill the understable fairway slot perfectly. It will hyzer-flip with 280-300 feet of power. Thrown flat with the same amount of power, it has a glidey s-curve with a gentle fade. At 330 feet, it turns the entire flight and does not fade back. I will definitely put this in my bag if it makes it to production.

A threw the Vamp a few more times the last couple days and it has broken into an understable flight. Now it is flying more like a fresh DX Leopard (but faster). If it stays this way, it will fill the understable fairway slot perfectly. It will hyzer-flip with 280-300 feet of power. Thrown flat with the same amount of power, it has a glidey s-curve with a gentle fade. At 330 feet, it turns the entire flight and does not fade back. I will definitely put this in my bag if it makes it to production.

This makes me happy. I've been throwing a recycled gold line PDGA Diamond (164!!!) for my understable slot and I love it for 95% of the throws.

This is close to what I have seen, but I either throw it differently than you or my Vamp is just a touch more stable anyway.

I have a 173g Medium that flies either like a seasoned TL with less glide or the most stable Leopard you have ever thrown with more speed.

It is definitely a fairway driver, even though I could easily stretch it out to 350 feet. It does have a touch of turn or a little flip, but once it locks on a line, it will hold it all the way to the end. It does have the softest of fades but overall mine seemed to want to hold only a singular line.

What is best about this disc is that it has a narrower and slightly slanted inner rim. This allows you to get appropriate snap and proper release to hit whatever line you want. First time out and I was hitting the exact lines I wanted. This disc is going to excel in the woods where you need to hit tight lines, narrow gaps, and or low ceilings.

This is close to what I have seen, but I either throw it differently than you or my Vamp is just a touch more stable anyway.

I have a 173g Medium that flies either like a seasoned TL with less glide or the most stable Leopard you have ever thrown with more speed.

That's how it was flying for me the first two days in the field. The third and fourth day were a different story.