• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Threw this thing, granted there was a small amount of head wind when I through it I let the unlace go on a pretty exaggerated hyzer line, flipped over completely hitting the ground at the 250ft mark and then rolled to about 325. Couldn't ever see a reason to carry this disc, granted I don't carry vibram anyway but again I couldn't see a reason to ever carry this disc.

Threw this thing, granted there was a small amount of head wind when I through it I let the unlace go on a pretty exaggerated hyzer line, flipped over completely hitting the ground at the 250ft mark and then rolled to about 325. Couldn't ever see a reason to carry this disc, granted I don't carry vibram anyway but again I couldn't see a reason to ever carry this disc.

**** NEWS FLASH ****

A disc described as understable acts very understable when thrown in a head wind. Caution: use may cause a severe case of hyzer-flipping and distance rollers to occur. :D

From the protos that I threw, I would be using the unLace as a distance roller disc or a ~60% power driver where I need easy, controlled distance. Due to how understable I observed this disc to be, it should prove very popular among the crowd of people with smaller arms along with those that have been having trouble getting the back hand roller figured out. Granted, understable discs do have the potential for being polarizing among certain groups; I still believe the unLace will be a very successful mold for Vibram.

This may be a silly question but I heard a rumor that if you have a beat up vibram disc and want to put it back to a more default state you can pop it in the microwave? Any truth to this? If so how long do you nuke it?

i cant believe they made the weird more understable lace first. changing the proto overstable one because it was 'too' overstable?? no such thing... siigh vibram. its not like you have too many molds or anything..

^^^^
I read on Facebook, that Dana said it was not overstable enough. "Going to be retooled again to make them more overstable.":clap:

Last edited:
This may be a silly question but I heard a rumor that if you have a beat up vibram disc and want to put it back to a more default state you can pop it in the microwave? Any truth to this? If so how long do you nuke it?

You can, but any method by which the disc is heated works. Once it is warm, bend any major warps back by hand then set it somewhere flat and level to cool (10-15 min). If the disc is tacoed, put a stack of discs on top matching up rims while it cools.

To microwave, put the disc in the microwave with a toothpick under the rim (to allow air flow while it expands from being heated). Microwave it on high for 60 seconds. Allow to cool some place flat and level.

thanks for the tip kutz. my friend made it sound like it magically popped back to factory settings, which seemed hard to believe, this process probably works with most plastic right?

thanks for the tip kutz. my friend made it sound like it magically popped back to factory settings, which seemed hard to believe, this process probably works with most plastic right?

I have not tried this with other discs. I have heard of people using hot water on typical discs.

If the damage is not very major, it (Vibram) will pop back to factory values pretty consistently when heated.

If the damage is not very major, it (Vibram) will pop back to factory values pretty consistently when heated.

Heck, sometimes you can just leave a medium Vibram sitting out and it will pop back into shape on it's own.

Ha, found it. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger of an announcement than finding it on the small UnLace page. Then again they still have the release dates for the Lace up on the front page.

Yeah I noticed that too. You get the feeling that Vibram Disc Golf isn't to stoke to put this disc out there. They are I know that, but the lack of promotion makes me think otherwise.

And the Lace banner doesn't help ha. I can't wait for this disc. Only thing about this disc is if you put it on a downhill angle, be prepared to go right. Accidentally threw mine with a little downward angle and it went right and never even thought about stabling out.

so 60 seconds is the ticket then? does this go for firm plastic as well?

My firm ridge was starting to sink from getting beat up. I threw it in a bowl(make sure the disc is snug if the bowl is deep it tip inside) ran some really hot water from the tap and let it sit for about 15-20 maybe 30 can't rememeber. It's flat and feels like new again, got some stability back as well, no more turn!

Yeah I noticed that too. You get the feeling that Vibram Disc Golf isn't to stoke to put this disc out there. They are I know that, but the lack of promotion makes me think otherwise.

And the Lace banner doesn't help ha. I can't wait for this disc. Only thing about this disc is if you put it on a downhill angle, be prepared to go right. Accidentally threw mine with a little downward angle and it went right and never even thought about stabling out.

The UnLace is the disc for Mr. Dodge. The rest of the Vibram pros might carry it as a utility disc but that is about it. I will probably put one in my bag simply because there are shots in a tail wind when I still want a disc to flip for me.

Has anyone in here thrown a 150-159g VP? It is the only disc from Vibram that I don't have now. I'm wondering how it compares to other OS putters. I know that is a light weight for most, I'm just thinking about it for my all 150 bag. Will it be like a Zone, and would firm be better for flicking than the medium?. I haven't been able to find any info on this, specifically for their lighter discs.

Also, big thank you to Steve Dodge and Vibram for making all their discs in 150 class. Makes it easier to find ones to round out a 150 class bag. I always throw 150 drivers, and have had some succes with the Lace (mine is 159, lightest I can find) and just received a 150 Ascent and 155 Trak. I already have 150-159 for the Obex, Ibex, Ridge and Summit, and have been using the Summit all summer for US approaches in the woods. Most of the time I use 165-172 for mids and putters, but I decided to try all 150ish in the last week and a half for fun. and that is what it has been so far!

I reallly like my VP's in medium, i have a couple of firms, but they just don't feel as good in the hand. I have been using a 162 lately and it is still very Overstable. You definitely need to have a VP in your bag:thmbup:

Last edited:
Was looking for a mid to replace my ti Buzzz, it just didn't work for me. I wanted an Ibex and couldn't find one at the local shop in a weight I wanted or medium plastic. Went w/ the Obex and couldn't be happier after only a dozen throws. I will certainly look for my ibex in the future, but for me this disc releases great and I can predict the OS draw incredibly. Very happy w/ my trade in value.

Didn't use vibram until this summer, but my summit and lace have become some of my go to discs. I'm sure it will be no different w/ the obex.

Last edited:
I love my Lace but something happened. It used to be laser straight for me but I did a boo boo and it landed on a busy highway. So, the first car that hit it did on accident since it literally sailed straight under their tires. The big delivery truck that hit it next did so deliberately.

The disc looks like it's in perfect shape. It did have pronounced dome and it's dished now. No nicks/scratches/etc. However, it's now beyond understable. In fact, it's an amazing roller disc now. My friends call it the uuuuuuuunlace.

Has anyone had something like this happen? Has your Lace changed dramatically since it got beat in?