• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

This talk of shoes has me interested. Steve, have you talked with any companies or started your own development of a disc golf specific shoe?

Yes and yes, but nothing is on the board for the foreseeable future. Or, in case Keen is reading this, maybe we do have something coming out soon ... :)

Is there anything new on the way from Vibram? I would love to see a fairway driver and mid somewhere around the stability of a firebird and a drone. That would certainly reduce the amount of plastic in my bag. :)

I expect to be sending something to the tester team towards the end of April/Early May.

Hey Steve,

Played a round yesterday, threw my firm Vibram lace down a tight wooded hole, struck a tree at about 200', find my disc and it looks like someone took a pencil and shoved it an 8th of an inch into the edge. Like a mouse took a bite out of it. Do you think maybe the Firm laces are to firm for the rubber compound. I'm afraid to throw it on wooded holes now, that one spot is gonna destroy my fingers on release until i shave it down, but I'm also afraid to grind down a disc that much.

Yes and yes, but nothing is on the board for the foreseeable future. Or, in case Keen is reading this, maybe we do have something coming out soon ... :)

My dream shoe = Vibram sole used for the NB Minimus + Chuck Taylor upper.

Just saying.

I'm signing up for a VBB thats coming up, but I have next to no experience with Vibram discs. Can anyone give me some info on what discs would be best to choose? Bag is in Sig, I throw the ddrivers ~320, fdrivers ~270-290. I'd prefer something comparable to my wizard for a putter (if possible...)

Thanks in advance.

I'm signing up for a VBB thats coming up, but I have next to no experience with Vibram discs. Can anyone give me some info on what discs would be best to choose? Bag is in Sig, I throw the ddrivers ~320, fdrivers ~270-290. I'd prefer something comparable to my wizard for a putter (if possible...)

Thanks in advance.

Trak & Ridge

This would be my opinion based on what you said. But if the course is a bit shorter, you could also go with an Ibex to replace the Trak.

I'll be throwing my first ever Vibram in a couple days when it arrives in the mail. Got a Trak on trade, interested to give it a try.

Do you guys see much of a difference between your Obex and Ibex? I have tried 4 Obex now that really don't offer me any extra stability compared to the Ibex. It's more just sort of a flat roc vs buzzz fight; both straight, and minimal diff. in fade, just diff. rims.

For me obex has a tick more fade but not much more. The ibex is prone to some high speed turn for me whereas the obex holds straight better. I'm getting the hang of what lines the ibex likes but I still use the obex more as a workhorse mid.

Hey Steve,

Played a round yesterday, threw my firm Vibram lace down a tight wooded hole, struck a tree at about 200', find my disc and it looks like someone took a pencil and shoved it an 8th of an inch into the edge. Like a mouse took a bite out of it. Do you think maybe the Firm laces are to firm for the rubber compound. I'm afraid to throw it on wooded holes now, that one spot is gonna destroy my fingers on release until i shave it down, but I'm also afraid to grind down a disc that much.

I've never tried this myself but have heard of someone doing it. Try heating it up for 60 seconds in the microwave and then, using pliers gently smooth out the edge. I've heard it works, but imagine the flight would be altered somewhat.

I've never tried this myself but have heard of someone doing it. Try heating it up for 60 seconds in the microwave and then, using pliers gently smooth out the edge. I've heard it works, but imagine the flight would be altered somewhat.

Or to keep the flight plate factory, use a lighter on the offending nick and slowly smooth out the rubber to reshape the edge. Don't singe your fingers...use the metal 'cap' on the lighter to smooth out the rubber.

I'm trying to get my brother and dad to go to a VBB...
My brother throws mainly an ESP Buzzz and putts with a star Aviar.
For him I was thinking an Ibex and Sole.

My dad, well, he one discs it and that is either a Beast or Sidewinder(or whatever else you tell him to throw lol)
For him I was thinking a Trak and Ridge. Probably the same for me.

Any other insight?

TIA

Lace love

I have played for just over 10 years now as a "flicker". Years of flicking has kind of worn the elbow down and about 6 months ago I popped my elbow and lost almost all distance. My average drive is about 240 to 260 with a good shot maxing out around 320. Well I was playing a doubles round and after my partner put one a little further then my average throw I decided to take the lace and chunck the wide open hole. The glide just seemed never stopped and I ended up tossing it right about 400-415 feet. It was probably my farthest throw in 3 or 4 years. It felt really good

Just wanted to say I may be turning into one of those Vibram lovers. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. I love the ridge, never thrown it where it didn't come out smoothly. Love the Ibex goes so straight it's unbelievable. Love the Obex now, I can give it all the power I have and it has the same consistent flight, out straight with a little fade at the end. Thinking about trying the Trak next, because I don't have a big arm. Good job Vibram! :thmbup:

Latest posts