• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I have played for just over 10 years now as a "flicker". Years of flicking has kind of worn the elbow down and about 6 months ago I popped my elbow and lost almost all distance. My average drive is about 240 to 260 with a good shot maxing out around 320. Well I was playing a doubles round and after my partner put one a little further then my average throw I decided to take the lace and chunck the wide open hole. The glide just seemed never stopped and I ended up tossing it right about 400-415 feet. It was probably my farthest throw in 3 or 4 years. It felt really good

Thanks for sharing. I continuously tell people how amazing the Lace is and the one thing I tell them, "It hold a line better than any other max distance driver out there." I am excited to see this new OS Lace in hopes that it will be more consistent in the wind for me with about the same results as a Lace.

Do you guys see much of a difference between your Obex and Ibex? I have tried 4 Obex now that really don't offer me any extra stability compared to the Ibex. It's more just sort of a flat roc vs buzzz fight; both straight, and minimal diff. in fade, just diff. rims.

I have significant difference. Then again, I think I have been throwing the Ibex for nearly a year and a half and the Obex for much less. The Ibex holds just about whatever line I put it on for the entirety of its flight. I can count on the Obex to fade at the end. The Obex is also more consistent in the wind and it less pron to high speed turn. Have no fear, we are all still waiting for the Mobex and the Ubex.

I order mine from community, Marshall street, or disc golf center. I haven't really seen pink laces in any weight though, mainly green, blue, gray, and some red.

I order mine from community, Marshall street, or disc golf center. I haven't really seen pink laces in any weight though, mainly green, blue, gray, and some red.
This is the pinkest one I've seen, but mostly orange.

The dome was ridiculous! I let it sit on its dome for a few days and it seems to have settled to something a little less crazy.

Also, anyone care to comment on this?
I'm trying to get my brother and dad to go to a VBB...
My brother throws mainly an ESP Buzzz and putts with a star Aviar.
For him I was thinking an Ibex and Sole.

My dad, well, he one discs it and that is either a Beast or Sidewinder(or whatever else you tell him to throw lol)
For him I was thinking a Trak and Ridge. Probably the same for me.

Any other insight?

TIA

Who's the best online retailer for Vibram discs? I want a 170-171 pink Lace and can't seem to find one.

If you can't find one, I have a 9/10 165g pink one with ink on the inner rim (I have found that you can get most of the ink off of Vibram discs with acetone).

I'm trying to get my brother and dad to go to a VBB...
My brother throws mainly an ESP Buzzz and putts with a star Aviar.
For him I was thinking an Ibex and Sole.

My dad, well, he one discs it and that is either a Beast or Sidewinder(or whatever else you tell him to throw lol)
For him I was thinking a Trak and Ridge. Probably the same for me.

Any other insight?

TIA

I'd go Ibex/Sole for your brother, Trak/Ridge for your dad and Lace/Summit for you. This way you and your dad can trade discs and see which he likes best and/or you can get four different Vibrams.

I have significant difference. Then again, I think I have been throwing the Ibex for nearly a year and a half and the Obex for much less. The Ibex holds just about whatever line I put it on for the entirety of its flight. I can count on the Obex to fade at the end. The Obex is also more consistent in the wind and it less pron to high speed turn. Have no fear, we are all still waiting for the Mobex and the Ubex.

Thanks. Mine are both fresh, and the Obex are Firm vs. the Ibex Medium. I do feel really comfortable throwing all sorts of low-to-low hyzers to make my Ibex work, though, and feel that when thrown flat, I get a marginally diff. fade on the Obex vs. the Ibex. They seem to fly similar to each other for me, but I put a lot of heat on both.

That said, I am in love with my bumble-boot/pacman Trak I just acquired. What a hog! Pretty beefy in the OS department; although my fresh Ascents aren't far away.

Also- had a lace returned to me I lost first day out with it. 173g Medium, and it came back with a MASSIVE dome on it. It's not more overstable than an echostar destroyer I'm carrying.

Thanks. Mine are both fresh, and the Obex are Firm vs. the Ibex Medium. I do feel really comfortable throwing all sorts of low-to-low hyzers to make my Ibex work, though, and feel that when thrown flat, I get a marginally diff. fade on the Obex vs. the Ibex. They seem to fly similar to each other for me, but I put a lot of heat on both.

That said, I am in love with my bumble-boot/pacman Trak I just acquired. What a hog! Pretty beefy in the OS department; although my fresh Ascents aren't far away.

Also- had a lace returned to me I lost first day out with it. 173g Medium, and it came back with a MASSIVE dome on it. It's not more overstable than an echostar destroyer I'm carrying.

I have wanted to get my hands on one of thsoe first run Traks to see just how overstable they are. I think at this point it really isn't worth spending the money on one of them though and just waiting for the MoFwy. In the mean time I am throwing my trusy Predators and watching them do exactly what I expect out of them.

^ Completely agree. I'd like to throw one, but I don't want to spend the $ on something that could (potentially) become an everyday thrower. And if it didn't become a bagged disc, then the value has just been lost because it was used.

I'd go Ibex/Sole for your brother, Trak/Ridge for your dad and Lace/Summit for you. This way you and your dad can trade discs and see which he likes best and/or you can get four different Vibrams.
Thanks for the advice. I don't have much of an arm for the Lace(also, I put in my VBB order 10 minutes before I read this lol). After talking with my brother, my dad is probably getting one and possibly the Summit.
My brother is going into it saying he doesn't care what discs he gets because he isn't going to like them anyways. :thmbdown:
I hope to change his mind.

Thanks for the advice. I don't have much of an arm for the Lace(also, I put in my VBB order 10 minutes before I read this lol). After talking with my brother, my dad is probably getting one and possibly the Summit.
My brother is going into it saying he doesn't care what discs he gets because he isn't going to like them anyways. :thmbdown:
I hope to change his mind.

That is the initial, unfounded opinion that a lot of new disciples had when they tried their first Vibram disc. They will be astounded by the grip and versatility and then will not want to throw anything other than Vibram :)

That is the initial, unfounded opinion that a lot of new disciples had when they tried their first Vibram disc. They will be astounded by the grip and versatility and then will not want to throw anything other than Vibram :)

Plus the durability is amazing. Keep a lighter in your bag and your all set for field repairs.

:thmbup:

He is a stubborn one, but I expect him to get hooked like me. :)

I just put a V.P. in the putter pocket next to my Glow Wizards.

Feels good.

I don't have any vibram mids or drivers yet but for me the ridge does it all. I use the vp for windy days or gotta fade and stick shots. I use mids for driving but I can put a lot on the ridge and it is so predictable for upshots. For drives, Throw it hyzer it holds it, just a little hyzer it flips flat and goes dead straight.

I have wanted to get my hands on one of thsoe first run Traks to see just how overstable they are. I think at this point it really isn't worth spending the money on one of them though and just waiting for the MoFwy. In the mean time I am throwing my trusy Predators and watching them do exactly what I expect out of them.

Wait, what are these running for?

Latest posts