• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I mentioned awhile back that I have a random flippy ascent that I've been working with to try and find a spot for it in my bag. Well I've decided it's just not for me. I wanted it to be teebird like and it's beat pro leopard like. I don't hate it, but it's not what I want.

I am looking for a high 160's semi flippy lace. So if anybody wants to possibly trade, I'd be interested. Not trying to spam here. I just want it to go to a good home not the rack at my Pias.

What's it look like? I might have a lace, never thrown it so I don't know if it's flippy but you could always flatten it. Id hot water trick that ascent if I had it.

I'm away from my computer and I can never figure out how to post pics with my iPhone. It's a 7.5/10 168 ascent. It's blue and green, mostly green.

I've flattened discs before. And I have no interest in working with it anymore. I wanted teebird ish flight and its not that. It hyzer flips with a right finish just awesome. I've already got leopards for that.

does anyone have any info about domey/flat laces, firm/ xlink more/ less stable whatever ?
i have a pre flight numbers lace thats domey and want another one or two that compliment it, but not match it.

I meant flatten the lace to be flippy, I received a flat one and traded it to a buddy and it was semi flippy at 167. The ascent, i ve ran mine through incredibly hot water over the edges to get it's natural shape and dome. Flies "like" new.

Domey traks are a thing of beauty. The one I've got is a firm, have any of you seen many domey mediums? All of the ones I have are on the flatter side.

I have both a flat and domey medium Trak. The flat one is nice and understable, making it an amazing hyzer-flip/tailwind driver, and the domey one flies like a fresh star teebird: straight with a super minute amount of turn and a nice reliable fade. Between these two, I feel like the Trak gives me a large variety of shots.

I have both a flat and domey medium Trak. The flat one is nice and understable, making it an amazing hyzer-flip/tailwind driver, and the domey one flies like a fresh star teebird: straight with a super minute amount of turn and a nice reliable fade. Between these two, I feel like the Trak gives me a large variety of shots.

Yep.

I always preferred the domey opto rivers myself, and those weren't very flippy. I can nut up on my domey trak with a touch of hyzer and it'll flip up flat, turn over a bit, and then eventually fade. My flatter one will fly the same line but it takes a smoother lower powered stroke to make it happen.

I'm pretty sure my Ibex has an ace or two in it.

Congrats Hlasianguy06

Got my first vibram ace today, short hole maybe 200 it more with my firm ridge. Landed flat in the basket no chains.

Woo Hoo! First Vibram aces seem to be happening in bunches right now. Must be time for everyone to get out and try a Vibram disc. You just might end up with your own Vibram Ace. Trust Your Rubber!

I know Steve has mentioned that there is some variance in the discs by nature, but this is true across the board and is within the bounds of legality according to the PDGA. I would guess that you will see the most variance from one type of rubber or plastic to another. DX shrinks more as it cools than does Champion. So, there must be some compound in the Vibram X-Link rubbers that with more of it in there causes less shrinkage in the process. Based on what you have said about it being firm versus medium I am going to say it has something to do with the hardening compounds.

just played my first round with my new vibram trak. first 9 holes carried my whole bag - second nine realized i just needed my trak and my wizard :)