• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I have a VP, and a Sole, but I just click with a shallow putter. My current Summit is 163, and I'll be getting one in the 173-75 range. VP is certainly better for big wind, but my current Summit gets bumped around by breeze. I am hopeful a heavier one will stand up to anything under 20 mph or so.

Unless you have really good spin, I don't think it will make much of a difference. Have you tried a ridge? bit more managable than the vp.

Unless you have really good spin, I don't think it will make much of a difference. Have you tried a ridge? bit more managable than the vp.

I recommended him the Ridge as well. One of the best driving putters by ANY manufacturer.

The Ridge is fairly shallow in profile. The shallow profile means it comes out of your hand nicely.

More overstable than the Summit. Has a flat-top, a tad bit deeper than the Summit, which is very shallow. Flies straight on a flat, clean release. Not as forgiving as the Summit. Glides less, fades to the left some at the end of its flight. Handles the wind well, will fly perfectly straight with little fade into a headwind.

Last edited:
Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=891894187503769&set=a.161017030591492.44243.100000495888978&type=1&theater

Steve posted a picture of a 50/50 Fundraiser disc for the Maple Hill Open this year on his Facebook page, and if you zoom in on it, it looks like the name "Xbex" is on the top. Interesting...
I'm not saying it does NOT say "Xbex" or something like that but I don't know how anyone can make the name out. The photo isn't high enough quality to zoom in like that. A new model starting out as a VO disc would be fun though!

Probably says ubex if they go with the same thing as the lace (unlace, o lace, ibex, obex)

Edit: i just zoomed in, it's just an ibex

You must have better zoom and eyes then me! Sure looked like an "x" to me. My B.

False alarm on my part with the "Xbex" thing. The black and white makes the "I" look like an "X" so I got too excited. Titan037 is right!

You have to admit, though, that Xbex would be a way cooler name than Mobex for the eXtremely overstable midrange Vibram will put out sometime in the future.

Last edited:
False alarm on my part with the "Xbex" thing. The black and white makes the "I" look like an "X" so I got too excited. Titan037 is right!

You have to admit, though, that Xbex would be a way cooler name than Mobex for the eXtremely overstable midrange Vibram will put out sometime in the future.

It's just an Ibex, I believe. Xbex sounds like an adult-only name. :\

^ Oh no! Someone (insert equine joke here) might fire off some angry emails as it may offend the delicate sensibilities.....

^ Oh no! Someone (insert equine joke here) might fire off some angry emails as it may offend the delicate sensibilities.....

You and others really just need to let it go. The digs are getting annoying.

Four20 being renamed to Solace according to Steve Dodge on The Local Route podcast. I'd this is true I like the new name

Looking forward to my 2nd Birdie Bash tomorrow. Going Trak Summit, and it's supposed to be nice outside.

All I want is for the Solace to be close enough in overstability to my Champion Ape. If this is the case I will be thrilled. Either way, though, I will be picking up a couple of these in June.

All I want is for the Solace to be close enough in overstability to my Champion Ape. If this is the case I will be thrilled. Either way, though, I will be picking up a couple of these in June.

It's pretty close to stiletto stability.

Latest posts